Tommy Stinson Talks DJ And Bumblefoot Quitting: 'I Felt Bad For Axl Because I Think He Kinda Got Side-Swiped A Bit By Some Of The Stuff'

I think you have to patch in that Ron and Tommy quit. Dj wouldn't have quit unless they did and Duff and Slash were coming. Axl wanted Dj to stay. Dj was smart to get out before he got Pitman'd. 

I think Tommy is just regreting his luck. He's sort of saying the next record was coming and I'd still be rocking and getting hammered every night. 

1 hour ago, maynard said:

Reunion is at least 10 years too late. Now Axl is fat and can't sing properly anymore, CD2 doesn't exist, and he'll never record anything with Slash and Duff.

Dude, just chill out and wait until the end of NITL. I dont think they'll announce anything during the tour, but maybe, they'll after it.

Right now they're celebrating and feeling (and cashing) each other as a band again after 20 fn years apart, let the guys breath, let the reunion live, let the band be a band again.

I don't really think they have started anything at this point but I think they have plans to do it after NITL.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, default_ said:

Dude, just chill out and wait until the end of NITL. I dont think they'll announce anything during the tour, but maybe, they'll after it.

Right now they're celebrating and feeling (and cashing) each other as a band again after 20 fn years apart, let the guys breath, let the reunion live, let the band be a band again.

I don't really think they have started anything at this point but I think they have plans to do it after NITL.

Am I not doing that? I'm completely fine they are a touring band. Never demanded new music from them because I simply know it's not a possibility because the lead singer is called Axl Rose.

Let them tour the world for 5, 10, 15 years, I'm with you. Because that's the best we'll ever get.

@Rovim won't bother replying to you. If it's silly to believe CD2 is not completed, I simply don't know what to tell you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maynard said:

I simply don't know

No shit. It's silly cause 30 tunes got mixed by Andy Wallace and Axl delivered those to the label. This means at least 16 unreleased tunes with vocals exist. This is a fact in reality and that's tough to handle for some people.

Edited by Rovim

I don't know if "sideswiped" or "blindsided" are appropriate in Bumblefoot's case.

People buy limited edition 600 dollar box sets of everything in the vaults, so GNR could easily put some 30 CD mammoth box set with a coffeetable book/doorstopper and all the digital files out there, only if they're never going to rework the songs or release them as is on a future release.

29 minutes ago, Gackt said:

It seems like the implication is being drawn up that Ashba was in the business for himself

I mean he's not wrong, just funny to see #AshbaSwag being called out on :P

Basically Tommy actually came out and said what every last bastard on this forum who weren't a fuckin' meth-head had been saying about DJ Ashba since that black day when he was visited upon the GnR world like a Victorian pox.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

I love meth. I think Dj was just managing his exit. Try to get out with some dignity. Dignity is relative I know for us collosals of integrity, but yeah much better than having to quit after Slash joins. That would be brutal. Who's this mini me hologram of Slash, it's like I have a 3D color shadow behind me all show smoking cigarettes in a top hat. My Godfather solo has an echo. Ultimately Dj and Ron were replacements of the replacements, I'm not sure which replacement was replacing Slash. Ron replaced Bucket and Dj replaced Finck. So after 15 years since the original guys left they have quit and apologize. Good luck everyone! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd kinda forgotten about Bumbles "I can't confirm I've quit" thing. He's right, it was pretty funny, but in an awkward and sad kind of way.

Plenty of people have said they recorded enough tracks for at least another 1 or 2 albums.

if this really is the case there should be an independent investigation to find out exactly what's been recorded, how many songs, what's ready for release and after the investigation is complete the music should be released to the public.

2 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

While Anything Could Happen is great, there's not much to compare to Bumblefoot's AoA and Dj's Sixx am. The Madness and We Will Not Go Quietly are successful hits on billboard's charts.

You only need to sell 2000 copies to enter the top 10 Billboard charts.

They are worthless; the music industry is over.

17 hours ago, Funky.Monkey said:

Hard Rock Haven - Interview With Tommy Stinson

February 14, 2017

Hard Rock Haven: Obviously writing for a hard rock website, it would be remiss of me to not ask any Guns questions. Did you ever see this happening…Axl reuniting with Slash and Duff? 

Tommy Stinson: If you asked me if it would happen I would have said, “Definitely wouldn’t be happening.” But I think that…I think that due to some of the things that happened towards the end when I was in the band…from my part in it, I wasn’t able to tour for a while because of my family situation at home was very unstable. I had to take care of some shit. So I had basically had to turn down I think it might have been as many as 5 different tours that they wanted to do. And this that and the other thing, I just couldn’t do it. And then DJ (Ashba) quit…when DJ made it official he was “quitting Guns N’ Roses” or whatever. I think that was pretty, “Okay, well, guess we’ll move on from this chapter and get back with the old guys.” I mean, seems to me there might have been some other weird stuff going on in there that I wasn’t party to, but I’m glad they did it. I think it was important that they did. They’re having a ball and fucking killing it. I’ve seen 2 shows, they’re great. They’re all really happy and it seems to be drama free.

HRH: I’m envious, I haven’t made it to any of the reunion shows yet. You mentioned DJ quitting…was that an unusual situation to be in. Were you privy to that at all at the time or did you find out with the rest of us?  

TS: (laughs) You know, he called me up on the phone and told me that he was gonna quit, you know, and this that and the other thing. I just kinda got to thinking … it was funny that he made such a big deal about it because there wasn’t really anything going on. He seemed like it was kind of inevitable that there was going to be a reunion happening, so I think he…I don’t know if he (laughs) tried to get in front of the curve to, you know, drum up some extra fucking press for himself. I don’t really know what the deal was, but I thought it odd. I thought it an odd time to make a big stink about quitting, you know?

HRH: Honestly, I didn’t find it anywhere near as odd as Bumblefoot’s whole “not talking about it” thing that went on for a while in his interviews. That time had to have been an unusual situation for everyone in the band.  

TS: It was. It was comical actually. (laughs) I was laughing about it. You know, I mean I felt bad for Axl because I think he kinda got side-swiped a bit by some of the stuff that was going on. He knew…they all knew…what was going on with me and there was nothing I could do about it. I didn’t have any backup plan to help me with my 8-year-old kid or any of that, so it got to be pretty rough quick. But you know, whatever led to them doing this reunion, I think a lot of people are really happy about it. Like I said, I saw 2 of the shows. They were great. Looked like they were having fun. The only one out of them I don’t really know is Slash and all those guys are my buddies. I’ve talked to them and they’re all having a good time as long as they keep doing it.

HRH: Obviously during your tenure in Guns there was only one album released. Does that bother you at all? Do you wish there was more of an output during your time in the band or do you know of something that you wanted to put out?  

TS: Well we recorded a lot of stuff. We recorded a shit ton of music. Whether it ever sees the light of day I couldn’t even guess, but we recorded a lot of stuff with the intent that it would be kinda staggered out, I think, you know to keep it rolling in a way. I’m not sure if it was Jimmy Iovine’s fuck up or someone’s fuck up that, you know, made a lot of that just…shut Axl down is what it did, but I’m not really sure where that stuff’s going to end up or what it’s gonna be. Who knows if it’ll be anything ever, you know?

HRH: Well I’m one of those out there that loves Chinese Democracy so hats off to you for your part in it.  

TS: Thank you.

http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2017/02/interview-with-tommy-stinson-of-bash-pop/

"because there wasn’t really anything going on"

this tells everything about this band we choose to like...

Edited by auad

His comments on if CD2 or whatever you call it will ever be released is interesting. Axl seems loyal. I wonder if he feels any sort of allegiance to having Tommy, Robin, Buckethead, Ron, etc. on the next record since they were such a part of it. And would that be ok or are we looking at another potential sympathy for the devil/ Paul huge type thing? 

I say bring the whole wagon. Everyone gets a blast. I won't be happy unless writing/recording credits take 1 full page each in the booklet.

so many questions, so little time.

I could see DJ being involved in some way with a new record much to the chagrin of the forum. Is it possible if From Axl's perspective, DJ helped him in a rough time and stayed there for 6 years. He stepped down peacefully with no drama of Slash coming back. The kid made it with Motley Crue, throw him a bone and let him record something with Guns too. DJ is like 40. He's just living out the fantasy we all have of playing with these older bands. God bless him.

I mean...you have to be pretty thick skulled to not understand what DJ was doing with that goofy press release announcing his exit from Guns, especially when you consider the bombshell announced not even 6 months later.  He seized the opportunity to both save face, while also grabbing a bunch of headlines.  

It obviously worked, because DJ Ashba is a household name now.....Said no one ever.

• Like 1

i couldn't feel less interested.

nothing against Tommy as a person. ok. he served in GNR thrice as long as duff. so? To me, he didn't add anything to the GNR legacy. he brought one mediocre song to chinese democracy and that was that. as for the live performances, i'm still trying to erase those from my mind. pimp Axl, pajama Tommy, robin funck and baboon DJ aren't exactly glorious moments in the book of hard rock history.

the farthest Tommy and all the other hacks stay from anything GNR related, the better as far as i'm concerned.