Melissa Reese On Playing In GN'R: 'F**cking Dream Job, It's Awesome'

17 minutes ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

Also doesn't mean we should blindly hate her either. 

---

A lot of folks just seem to dislike her because she isn't Izzy or Pitman or because she's a girl or because they don't like her personality. She does Chris Pitman's job better than he did it. She's actually noticeable. Nobody outside of the forums and hardcore fans recognized him as more than just an idle keyboardist. Melissa is full of energy when she's playing and I'm pretty sure she hasn't fucked up yet. Get over yourselves! Just because someone is modern and not what you like in somebody's personality doesn't make them bad, it makes you look incredibly narrow minded. She's fucking dope. 

Happy for her, hope she sees continued success! 

No, it has NOTHING to do with her Gender, nothing to do with Izzy and for the love of god, it has nothing to do with Pitman. I seriously cannot believe you posted that...thanks, I needed the laugh :lol:

The only thing here narrow minded, or "Dope" (you seriously said that lmfbo :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:) was what you posted. You clearly haven't bothered to check the last 20 pages of the official social media thread, read earlier posts from this thread or the many, many others in here involving posts ripping Melissa and showing why she's despised. So...thanks for stopping by and contributing nothing I guess?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hollywood Zombie said:

I love these Melissa thr:facepalm:eads. I love seeing the 40+ year old People bitch about her being in the band. ewwwww a female. Girls are icky.  Girls shouldn't be in Guns N Roses. Wtf guys I lost all respect for you guys for bringing a girl Into the band. How dare they. Melissa sucks. Melissa blows. She's ugly.  Omfg she said lit and dope. Wtf shes stupid and has cooties.It's like you people who bitch hate women. 

No, it's the fact that this person, woman or not, seems to do nothing. It seems like potentially being money spent poorly for a position not needed, also it's proven and been voted by many around here that She has a very annoying personality, ask the Izzy meme at the top of the page. It was the same case for when Pitman was in the band, even though your buddy was trying to tell myself and the rest of this forum that Melissa is hated for not being Chris Freaking Pitman.

People hate Melissa for not being Mothergoose. Yah, that's it. :lol::rofl-lol::facepalm:

Edited by Billsfan

For the record, the video I posted earlier in this thread was just meant to be a joke. I like Melissa. While I don't quite get her relevance to the band, I think she has cool stage presence and I like her backing vocals. Also, Id MUCH rather have her around than Pitman.

Do I wish izzy was there instead of her? Yes, absolutely!!!! I trade her out for izzy in a heartbeat. But that doesn't mean I dislike her. 

22 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

People actually despise her?  I think that says a lot more about those people than it does Melissa lol

Well, maybe despised is pushing it. Annoyed though, at the very least, would be more appropriate and fitting. Because, she's annoying. And her actual contributions are questionable. Thanks for over analyzing though :lol:

I think Hollywood Zombie is barking up the wrong tree on this argument. 

Firstly, she isn't getting stick for being female. She's getting stick because people think she is unnecessary in the current capacity she is engaged in. I persobslly have nothing against the girl, she's probably lovely and yes, any of us that were invited to play in the band would love it no matter how irrelevant the role, but that's not the point. 

The point is, I didn't even notice her in Sydney, if she hadn't of played I wouldn't have known the difference. 

I don't see a point to a second keyboardist, and I'd say the same if it was Pittman standing up there! And just to prove its not a sexist comment, I've banged on about frank fucking things up in the past but that's another story ?

anyway that's my take... Good luck to the girl but I'm meh on her whole role with the band! 

• Like 2

Are there people actually saying that Melissa gets hate because she's a girl? Is the SJW crap part of MyGNR now? GNR, the band where the singer asks bitches to turn around because he has an use for them? Wow.

I love Melissa, she's cute, not Pitman, talented, not Pitman, sings well and she's not Chris Fucking Pitoman. Is she necessary? Just like the CD songs they play, she shouldn't be there. She's an update on Tracey and Roberta, it's not really something new to GNR. I'll take the blue hair over the black power one of them used.

Still think a stripped down band would do wonders to GNR and would look more of a departure from the pathetic Axl solo years. Hopefully we'll get it one day.

• Like 1

I was close enough to see sweat dripping off Axl's arm hair in Chicago and I didn't even notice Melissa once.  When I got home, I watched a video I took on my phone and could see her for a few seconds.  I thought to myself "wow, Melissa in GNR is kinda stupid".  That's precisely how much Melissa is ruining the reunion for me.

It was much more noticeable that Izzy and Steven were NOT on stage.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Melissa is GNR

a94a13001486060192_1024.jpg

Can we just take a moment for the fact that those headphones on her head are just there for decoration? :rolleyes: She's got an in ear monitor in...

I don't have any issues with Melissa being a woman. I just can't figure out what she does. Other than backing vocals on a few songs I've yet to see her do anything important. Every time they show her on Snapchat she's just bouncing up and down with a shaker. Or just bouncing doing nothing.

Waste of money that could've gone to Izzy...

• Like 3

I joked earlier with the Izzy meme (because that money could have gone to the "loot" he demanded), but for real, I don't have an actual problem with her.

I mean, who would you rather watch, her or Pittman?

Edited by G-Money
Forgot point
  • Like 1