Melissa Reese On Playing In GN'R: 'F**cking Dream Job, It's Awesome'

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

I liked Pitman, I think he's talented, and I liked what he did to the material, kinda cool and interesting. And obviously I'm definitely into the sound of Chinese Democracy. I think it's the shame Axl never had to release his 2014 stuff he was working on with him.

I'm not sure why would you call him arrogant and pathetic fuck though, is it because he claimed the reunion was boring because it was a money grab that they just want to repeat the oldies over and over? I mean he has a point.

Of course the role of the synth player has been diminished again now with the actual lineup, so we don't have to hear Melissa much. I think she is terribly misplaced in this band, that her sound is brighter, but quite weak and sterile, no much warmth, but she's a better pianist and vocalist, definitely suspicious if she could write rocknroll songs. It doesn't matter since there is no follow up album.

No. Look at his interviews (especially the one with the female interviewer) on youtube. Look at that video with ashba that was posted here a cpl days ago. Or that bandinterview from couple years ago, with him wearing a bandana like a bankrobber.

that guy is such an idiot. The less the world hears/sees him, the better. And now that he is out of gnr, he will go back to being irrelevant for the public eye for the rest of his life.

Edited by xBrownstonex

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

is it because he claimed the reunion was boring because it was a money grab that they just want to repeat the oldies over and over? I mean he has a point.

It's the same thing he was a part of for 14 years... no complaints from him then. But when the original songwriters come back and do the cash grabbing, he complains and is upset that no one gives a shit about him. That makes him a douche. And if you need further proof, just watch the interview Brownstone mentioned.

Edited by PatrickS77

14 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

No. Look at his interviews (especially the one with the female interviewer) on youtube. Look at that video with ashba that was posted here a cpl days ago. Or that bandinterview from couple years ago, with him wearing a bandana like a bankrobber.

that guy is such an idiot. The less the world hears/sees him, the better. And now that he is out of gnr, he will go back to being irrelevant for the public eye for the rest of his life.

Well he certainely is a special drunkard, that's what made him cool in my eyes. Yes people don't buy records so why releasing new songs? Everybody is doing that. Again he's right.

Well he has his name all over Chinese Democracy and all over the unreleased stuff, so I doubt he'll be irrelevant to us.

13 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Well he certainely is a special drunkard, that's what made him cool in my eyes. Yes people don't buy records so why releasing new songs? Everybody is doing that. Again he's right.

Well he has his name all over Chinese Democracy and all over the unreleased stuff, so I doubt he'll be irrelevant to us.

That's true. He wasn't the most important member at concerts but he had a very big role in the studio. 

81de1d2f6c76ebb32a0154b2ee514f1c.jpg

I can get why Pitman might have been frustrated and blew up.  I know nothing about what happened, but I can only imagine he likely put a lot of time and effort into unreleased music. It is possible that he saw the release of music he helped create on the horizon* then Slash and Duff suddenly return. Not only is this music put on the back burner, but there is the potential that it is shelved entirely now that Slash is back. That could frustrate anyone. I always figured he rage quited out of frustration. It is equally possible Duff and Slash got him kicked out because they could not tolerate towel abuse.

*whether that was a mirage or not is another thing entirely

I am not heartbroken he is gone. I don't mind Melissa in his place. I like her backing vocals and I am amused by the way the forum completely falls apart when she posts to social media. Otherwise I pretty much forget about her at all other times.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

I'd like to take Mellisa out for some coffee and pie. I dig her style, and I think she would dig mine, too... my permed mullet (as shown in my profile photo) and my ability to perform hot licks in my electric guitar would surely win her over. I'd have her eating from my hands in a matter of minutes.

Try filling the front pockets of your shorts with Skittles...

• Haha 1