Holy shit Izzy loves us

Just now, Lies They Tell said:

I wonder if this was just a random thank you by Izzy, or did he actually have a reason to thank us? I mean has something actually happened behind the scenes? Could we be seeing him on the European leg of the tour? Probably shouldn't run into any conclusions. cause of this.

Maybe because of the support due to what happened to Steven and him regarding the reunion.

• Like 3

I have respect and admiration for all the contribution that Izzy has made to the band. But I do not see why they should split the loot equally. The big money of this tour is only possible by a variant, this variant is the duo Axl and Slash sharing the same stage after more than two decades. But what about the songs that made they what they are today? These songs always have been there, always have been played over and over..so this time the songs are not the headline. 

1 hour ago, Axl_morris said:

The king of kings - Axl Rose said it best.

How come izzy was good enough to take the wage offered in 2006 and 2012. 

He left the band. His heart isn't in it.

Just like with Adler none of really know exactly what is going on behind the scenes.  All I know is that it sucks that obviously different sides in the GNR situation disagree on certain things but I dont try to lay blame on anyone at least at this point. I got nothing but love for the big 3, the current lineup, Steven, Izzy, etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

I wonder if this was just a random thank you by Izzy, or did he actually have a reason to thank us? I mean has something actually happened behind the scenes? Could we be seeing him on the European leg of the tour? Probably shouldn't run into any conclusions. cause of this.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on anything. Probably just a random thank you...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NachoLZ said:

Maybe because of the support due to what happened to Steven and him regarding the reunion.

Well dah! Obviously he's thanking due to the support. I was just wondering if our support has led to something more, and is that the reason why he's now thanking for our support, or was this just random. Anyway better not to get hopes up.

13 minutes ago, Derick said:

I have respect and admiration for all the contribution that Izzy has made to the band. But I do not see why they should split the loot equally. The big money of this tour is only possible by a variant, this variant is the duo Axl and Slash sharing the same stage after more than two decades. But what about the songs that made they what they are today? These songs always have been there, always have been played over and over..so this time the songs are not the headline. 

I actually agree with that. EXCEPT that it means Duff should get substantially less too. As many people are there for him as would be for Izzy if Izzy was the "third" of this big 3. Thats the cold honest truth, as much as we all love Duff. So either Axl and Slash get more, which I don't think should be the case but I'd fully understand and be unable to argue with, or they all get paid equally. At least Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy who wrote the songs and contributed to their development way more than any of the drummers in the band have. There's no way around it. Depending on how you feel about him, Duff means as much or as little as Izzy does, PERIOD. So I've never understood the money argument, cause they have enough for Duff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Maybe they should split it because theyre all rich, its a REUNION, its the right thing to do, and because it was Izzy's band too?

Not roxket science :shrugs:

-The argument that they all rich in a real world it's not valid, just because I already have money I can't go for more and more? 

-This is not a reunion.

-Right thing to do by a superficial point of view, sorry.

-And yes, it WAS Izzy's band a couple decades ago and then he decided to leave

• Like 1

Just now, Derick said:

-The argument that they all rich in a real world it's not valid, just because I already have money I can't go for more and more? 

-This is not a reunion.

-Right thing to do by a superficial point of view, sorry.

-And yes, it WAS Izzy's band a couple decades ago and then he decided to leave

Again, I agree with some of what you're saying but not others:

-Yes, no matter how rich they are, I understand going for more. Why not?

-This IS a reunion. Its an insane argument to make otherwise. They are playing stadiums around the world cause its a reunion. Axl and Slash equals reunion. Its that simple.

-Yes, and they don't have to worry about the "right thing". Although if they aren't, in my mind they have to concede they aren't as morally great people as many thought they were. I think thats a controversial point, but I can't defend Slash and Duff any other way. Either they want it to be "right" or they want money. I really don't see how it can be both.

-True, BUT everything they play is also from Izzy's era. So while your point is right, they go about it in a way that can be argued otherwise. Duff left too, now he's gettting fuck you money, so if it can happen for him that should be available to all original classic members.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Derick said:

I think it's as simple as Izzy legally doesn't own the percentage of the band Axl/Slash/Duff do, was paid money to give it up, wanted nothing to do with it for 26 years, didn't take part in defending the band in the various lawsuits against/within it, and then thinks when Axl/Slash/Duff put together a lucrative tour he should get equal money to them.

• Like 2