Let's play '30 Day Music Challenge'

Tori72

48 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Day 30 a song that reminds you of yourself

when my mom passed i was 18. a very immature 18 at that. i was for all intents and purposes alone. my dad and i did not get along and i was kinda pissed when he brought his "girlfriend" he'd been having an affair with for months as my mom was fighting cancer to MY mom's house and slept with the gf in the bed my mom had lain in while dying. so i decided then and there no more. i am not going to be walked on, bullied, taken advantage of and lied to. so, for my mom who loved this man and for me this is my song:

I can't even imagine losing my Mom at 18. :hug:

• Like 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

@bucketfoot , I'm impressed with your speed and also the quality, quantity and originality of your picks. @AxlsFavoriteRose, kudos to you too for catching up (and great picks) ;)I can't believe that even you guys left me behind :max: (j/k :awesomeface:)

Day 29

Most of my memories are of local songs, oldies that my parents liked (didn't have any older brothers/sisters) and hits of the era. For various reasons rock bands/artists didn't visit us in the 70s. When they started to come, there was a big and growing audience for rock music and concerts; it was also a period of continuous unrest (of course I was too young then to completely understand all that, let alone go to the concerts). One of the very first rock acts that came here to play was Rory Gallagher. He played in a football/soccer stadium packed with fans, but also with riot police (that was the mentality then). The show ended abruptly, as some time during the show the police started beating people and throwing tear gas into the stadium (they said they were "provoked"), and the rest of the night went on with fighting, tear gas, injuries, arrests, etc. in the area around the venue. In the following days the headlines and the news where all about this Irish rock guy whose concert "caused" the youth to "riot". After that, all the kids knew who Rory was and he became very popular here.

So (apart from the 50s-60s songs which I knew from my parents) this is one of the first rock songs I remember:

Another song I remember is this one by a band from what was then East Germany. It was very popular here (despite that few people could understand German then), although probably completely unknown everywhere else in the world except Germany (it's a thing that has happened here some times, ie. to "discover" and make locally popular bands that haven't been much known elsewhere).

thanks @Blackstar! Rory Gallagher was one of my faves, bless his soul...

• Like 1

Day 30 A song that reminds you of yourself

Mostly have dated musicians, and one of them told me this song should be for me. The seamstress for the band, he said was a metaphor for me being the voice of reason that held his band together...been married twice and neither was a musician....should have stuck with musicians...lol....but someday I will marry a musicman....this is also why I use my username here. ???

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Day 30 - Kinda stumped on this one so I picked two. :unsure:

love love love Meet Virginia! is that your name by any chance? :)

5 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Day 29 my childhood was all about Slade....i'm very very old:P

me too sweetie....but old is the new young! ;)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Day 29. A song that you remember from your childhood.

My mom used to listen to this a lot while she worked (she worked at home)  and she might have had a little crush on David Coverdale :lol: so it has been stuck with me pretty much all my life.

MOM crushing on David Coverdale! epic :D

• Like 2