New Adler interview except from Rolling Stone

7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

This makes you come across like a complete bitch.

Yup, I am a bitch - to the point of actually seeing things as they are instead of as they should be in an all pink fairy-tale world with unicorns in the meadows.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2017 at 7:34 AM, MADDOGJONES said:

They aren't giving you coffee, you work there (in the above analogy).

You can't talk shit about your employer and not expect consequences.

This. And his comments toward Frank - wanting to throw him down the stairs and the "someone's going down and it isn't me" remark could be taken as a threat. You don't get work by threatening other employees. Going back to the old, tired, "they just fired me because they're meeeeaaannn! And Axl doesn't want to be my friend!" whining probably doesn't endear him to the Big Three all that much, to say the very least. I think this is what some were afraid of last year - that whatever they let him do, it wouldn't be enough, and he'd go back to complaining to the press about how unfair and mean it was that they wouldn't let him do more. 

Edited by stella

10 hours ago, PeterNorth said:

The logical conclusion to reach is the following: 1) Steven signed a 12 month contract in January 2016 that prevented him from speaking to the press 2) Following the conclusion of that 12 month period, he went to the press with his desire to either play more songs with the existing band or play with the original five 3) The band is going to grant his wish, but only if he signs another 12 month contract, effective immediately, whereby he can't speak to the press

OK, now here is another conclusion based on the fact that we are GNR fans, and as a GNR fan it is an unwritten rule that you are going to be screwed over by Axl Rose, as has been the case since 1990.  1) Axl, in his typical overly sensitive fashion, got very hurt by what Steven said to the press following the conclusion of his 12 month contract 2) Team Brazil, at Axl's direction, put Steven on another 12 month contract simply to keep him quiet 3) Over the next 12 months, the chances of Steven playing the drums on stage with GNR are about the same as any of us on this blog playing the drums on stage with GNR

Remember, the default option when there is a decision to be made is to screw over the greatest majority of fans...people, don't get your hopes up too much...we are likely getting screwed again.

Third, very feasible possibility IMHO: We know Steven was already butthurt about not being able to play more on the tour last year because he's said so himself. Assuming he was pressing the band to do more, and they refused, he may have gotten even more upset, and gone back to his old habit of crying to the press about how unfair it all is and how nobody wants to be his friend.

Or: the NDA wasn't actually up and he wasn't aware of that, and/or he was so pissed he was crying to the press anyway.

As to why he's clammed up again: could be that either his lawyer/management reminded him he was still under an NDA, or GnR's lawyers did. Or, it could be that he was told that NDA or not, if he ever, EVER wants to do anything again, guest spots, AfD show, whatever, he will shut up and stop pulling this shit in the press, effective immediately.

Edited by stella

I don't know if they wanted Steven why not just have him in? 

Maybe they want to save the AFD tour as the second wave. 

Or even to record a record with Izzy. 

Other than that going back to AFD may kill whatever material they have going. Steven just plays his way. I'm not sure if he's going to step to it for more progressive material. It limits it to just doing AFD 2. Some might say perfect. 

If so then Izzy and Steven go straight back in, Izzy writes a few songs, Slash nails Axl's stuff. It's a cakewalk. 

But there are dangers to that, it might not be as great as AFD, it could tarnish that perfect AFD thing. They will never capture that spirit again. 

Also how will Steven react to getting 10 million bucks? I'd be snorting gin of strippers tits pretty quick. 

On 3/16/2017 at 10:26 AM, MADDOGJONES said:

Or just maybe, Mr or Mrs know it all, someone got in touch and told him about a certain idea for a certain anniversary and advised him that if he wants to be involved in it he shouldn't be airing GN'R business in public.

You have a job, right? Or you can imagine having one? Let's say you work at Starbucks and you go online or do interviews talking shit about Starbucks, will Starbucks be happy with you?

I totally agree with you! I work for Bloomberg LP. When I got hired, I had to sign a confidentiality agreement.  The agreement has now been updated due to social media. 

I totally get where GNR is coming from. You signed a contract. Don't talk. Simple as that. 

6 minutes ago, action said:

i think he's the most genuine member in GNR.

is that annoying? yes, to some people. many times, honesty isn't appreciated. I doubt the ginger one likes honesty very much either.

that's all ok, of course. what's a pity though, is GNR used to be all about honesty. they were the genuine deal. now, they look like a band frankenstein would come up with

very true 

whats with all the occult imagery they use now - seems like they've just distanced themself from humanity and pureness for good 

5 hours ago, wasted said:

I don't know if they wanted Steven why not just have him in? 

Maybe they want to save the AFD tour as the second wave. 

Or even to record a record with Izzy. 

Other than that going back to AFD may kill whatever material they have going. Steven just plays his way. I'm not sure if he's going to step to it for more progressive material. It limits it to just doing AFD 2. Some might say perfect. 

If so then Izzy and Steven go straight back in, Izzy writes a few songs, Slash nails Axl's stuff. It's a cakewalk. 

But there are dangers to that, it might not be as great as AFD, it could tarnish that perfect AFD thing. They will never capture that spirit again. 

Also how will Steven react to getting 10 million bucks? I'd be snorting gin of strippers tits pretty quick. 

I don't think anything these guys touch can tarnish anything. Everything they touch turns to gold. Especially when doing it together. I wouldn't want AFD2. I still want the epic songs mixed in. They can also have Sorum or someone like Josh Freese help out

3 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

very true 

whats with all the occult imagery they use now - seems like they've just distanced themself from humanity and pureness for good 

WTF!? Since when has GNR been a band about pureness for good? :blink: 

Oh and what occult imagery? What's so occult about their current imagery compared to their old stuff with all the skulls and the blood etc...

13 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

WTF!? Since when has GNR been a band about pureness for good? :blink: 

Oh and what occult imagery? What's so occult about their current imagery compared to their old stuff with all the skulls and the blood etc...

CIVIL WAR

its in line with the old but in this day and age i wonder if the imagery in the rocket queen video is suitable for general concert goers 

6 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

CIVIL WAR

its in line with the old but in this day and age i wonder if the imagery in the rocket queen video is suitable for general concert goers 

They also have lyrics like "turn around bitch I've got use for you" "i'm a cold heartbreaker fit to burn and i'll rip your heart in two etc... They've never been a band about pureness for good. They have all kinds of lyrics. angry and goodhearted ones.

I'm not sure what you mean by rocket queen imagery. You mean all those skeletons having sex? If you ask me they're funny if anything. Who exactly wouldn't it be suitable for? I don't think images of skeletons having sex should shock anyone, who's actually heard the studio version of Rocket Queen.

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Fuck "general concert goers" if they're gonna get upset at a little skeleton doggie style action. 

For fuck sake, I never thought I'd see the day when people thought a GnR show was family entertainment. :facepalm:

I think I'll have a listen to Cornshucker now.

i dont dig the skeleton shit 

i'd rather they show chicks flash the crowd than that

9 hours ago, stella said:

This. And his comments toward Frank - wanting to throw him down the stairs and the "someone's going down and it isn't me" remark could be taken as a threat. You don't get work by threatening other employees. Going back to the old, tired, "they just fired me because they're meeeeaaannn! And Axl doesn't want to be my friend!" whining probably doesn't endear him to the Big Three all that much, to say the very least. I think this is what some were afraid of last year - that whatever they let him do, it wouldn't be enough, and he'd go back to complaining to the press about how unfair and mean it was that they wouldn't let him do more. 

they're all old friends and know how steven is MUCH better than us lol no way would they take that as a threat

17 minutes ago, Cory Trevor said:

they're all old friends and know how steven is MUCH better than us lol no way would they take that as a threat

Actually, Steven himself has said that nobody in the band wants to interact with him anymore socially...

Edited by stella

Just now, stella said:

Actually, Steven himself has said that nobody in the band wants to interact with him anymore socially...

but he knows them, we don't. they lived and toured together, just cause they don't hang out anymore (even tho him and slash did last night) doesn't change that lol. im gonna be bold and say that the reason steven even said "i will only play if izzy is there too" is because AFD5 is happening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Fuck "general concert goers" if they're gonna get upset at a little skeleton doggie style action. 

For fuck sake, I never thought I'd see the day when people thought a GnR show was family entertainment. :facepalm:

I think I'll have a listen to Cornshucker now.

Seriously, given the band's lyrical content, a bunch of cartoon skeletons isn't exactly scandalous. Par for the course.

TBH, though, who the hell is actually watching the background screens during the show anyway, and not the band?

1 minute ago, Cory Trevor said:

but he knows them, we don't. they lived and toured together, just cause they don't hang out anymore (even tho him and slash did last night) doesn't change that lol. im gonna be bold and say that the reason steven even said "i will only play if izzy is there too" is because AFD5 is happening. 

I think that they DO know him, and that there are likely some damn good reasons they won't hire him again full time or touch the AFD5 idea with a ten-foot pole. Saying he won't play unless Izzy is there is a nice way for him to save face.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

They also have lyrics like "turn around bitch I've got use for you" "i'm a cold heartbreaker fit to burn and i'll rip your heart in two etc... They've never been a band about pureness for good. They have all kinds of lyrics. angry and goodhearted ones.

I'm not sure what you mean by rocket queen imagery. You mean all those skeletons having sex? If you ask me they're funny if anything. Who exactly wouldn't it be suitable for? I don't think images of skeletons having sex should shock anyone, who's actually heard the studio version of Rocket Queen.

I didn't even notice it. That's definitely them trolling us as right after someone complained about slash's instagram being all skeletons having sex. The next show Slash wore a shirt featuring skeletons having sex lol

Edited by Top-Hatted One

On 16.3.2017 at 3:57 PM, The Holographic Universe said:
On 16.3.2017 at 3:25 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

Am I the only one that finds Adler annoying as shit?

Nope. The guy is fucking utterly ridiculous. I don't think he has any future with GNR. I believe he was reminded by certain channels that he signed a contract to not speak on GNR and it probably stated in that contract that he couldn't even talk about signing the contract. I doubt that contract expired. He has been given notice to shut the fuck up.

Apparently not. 24 people and counting, so far :lol:

I'm tired of Adler as well. Just shut the fuck up.

I used to dream of an AFD5 reunion, but at this point I don't even care anymore. Axl,  Slash and Duff are enough for me. Adding Izzy to that would be great as well. But Adler (and his crazy mother) are so off-putting I can't even muster up any energy to care anymore whether he is involved in anything or not.

1 hour ago, stella said:

I think that they DO know him, and that there are likely some damn good reasons they won't hire him again full time or touch the AFD5 idea with a ten-foot pole. Saying he won't play unless Izzy is there is a nice way for him to save face.

Yeah, I think that's all it is too. The minute they wave a couple more songs into Adler's face he'll be there again, whether Izzy is there or not.

• Like 2