Ranking of Izzy's songs broken down by albums / currently 'Miami'

int8

My vote - Time Gone By

______

Somebody Knockin' dropped out in this round. That part when Izzy sings: Was that the police or CIA; Or just some magazine?; Say, could be it's some lost friend; I cannot say is so damn catchy :drool:

"Somebody Knockin" (Stradlin/Ashhurst): "Most of these songs are pretty vague and abstract because, when I write, I end up throwing together a bunch of thoughts that don't really blend together in a story. This one started as a guitar rhythm. It's probably a flashback on all the different visitors I've had over the last seven years since the success of G N'R."

Remaining songs:

Time Gone By   2
      Shuffle It All
      Train Tracks  1
      How Will It Go  
      Come On Now Inside  2

7.   Somebody Knockin  3
8.   Cuttin' the Rug    
9.   Bucket o' Trouble    
9.   Pressure Drop    
10. Take a Look at the Guy  

The voting ends on the 23rd of March, at 11:00 p.m. (UTC+1).       

I'm voting for Time Gone By

And I thought this thread would be fun...

pxqkIKc.gif

Time Gone By dropped out :no:

"Time Gone By" (Stradlin/Richards): "We found ourselves going back to the music we were brought up on. This is a root-ish song I co-wrote with Rick Richards. He popped that riff, Charlie had a real cool drum thing he was doing. I wrote some lyrics and we put it all together. This one came real easy. A collaboration I was really happy with.

Remaining songs:

Shuffle It All    1  (I was curious who will be the first to vote for it :D)
      Train Tracks    1
      How Will It Go  
      Come On Now Inside    2

6. Time Gone By    4
7.   Somebody Knockin  
8.   Cuttin' the Rug    
9.   Bucket o' Trouble    
9.   Pressure Drop    
10. Take a Look at the Guy

The voting ends on the 24th of March, at 11:00 p.m. (UTC+1).       
______

My vote - Train Tracks

@Tori72, don't leave us, the suffering will be over soon :shades:

Edited by int8
  • Like 1

this is an awesome idea but too complicated

my suggestion

give 3 or 5 or 7 days for people to rank the songs of an album from worst to best

on a 10 song album, worst song gets 1 point and best song gets ten points

we add the points and rank them

how about it?

27 minutes ago, int8 said:

Remaining songs:

Shuffle It All    1  (I was curious who will be the first to vote for it :D)
      Train Tracks    1
      How Will It Go  
      Come On Now Inside    2

too-much.gif

I still vote for Come on now inside. I don't know what I'm gonna do if the other three remain. Fuck.

hahaha I love this thread, such a great idea @int8!! I'm not playing because that would be really painful and I know I wouldn't be able to choose and I wouldn't be able to sleep at night either by drooping songs like that - but yey! you guys for all the suffering you've been through :o 

Anyways, I'm just here posting because I'm feeling we are at a dramatic point in this election right now with only 4 songs left and I need to do an electoral fraud by agreeing with @Kris_1989 and telling you to LEAVE COME ON NOW INSIDE ALONE :bitchfight: Don't drop it now, let this beauty win!

tumblr_nffbh7A8Aw1rziwwco1_250.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

this is an awesome idea but too complicated

my suggestion

give 3 or 5 or 7 days for people to rank the songs of an album from worst to best

on a 10 song album, worst song gets 1 point and best song gets ten points

we add the points and rank them

how about it?

yeah, thought about it too, but now I don't have much time to explain why I decided to do it different way this time.

What's more important: where is your vote? :tongue2:

11 minutes ago, dgnr said:

hahaha I love this thread, such a great idea @int8!! I'm not playing because that would be really painful and I know I wouldn't be able to choose and I wouldn't be able to sleep at night either by drooping songs like that - but yey! you guys for all the suffering you've been through :o 

Anyways, I'm just here posting because I'm feeling we are at a dramatic point in this election right now with only 4 songs left and I need to do an electoral fraud by agreeing with @Kris_1989 and telling you to LEAVE COME ON NOW INSIDE ALONE :bitchfight: Don't drop it now, let this beauty win!

tumblr_nffbh7A8Aw1rziwwco1_250.gif

you have to vote! I'm outnumbered here! :lol:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Archtop said:

@ludurigan it's kind of fun this way, your forced to rethink which songs are important to you and vote for songs you might not want remaining, also more entertaining than endless lists. 

Once again I vote Come in now Inside.:bitchfight:

i missed the first song so i am pissed :lol:

1 hour ago, int8 said:

yeah, thought about it too, but now I don't have much time to explain why I decided to do it different way this time.

What's more important: where is your vote? :tongue2:

i missed the first song so i am pissed :lol:

• Like 1

Train Tracks

And I seriously don't know what to do when that song is out. Because the album is one of my favourites anyway and then Shuffle it all, Come on now inside and How will it go (and Pressure Drop!!) are my all time favourite of this album and I simply can't...

tenor.gif

• Like 1

I was gonna vote for How Will It Go but I don't want Come On Now Inside to be voted out so my vote goes to Train Tracks. It was gonna be my next choice anyway.

3 hours ago, downliner said:

I hope we can all remain friends after this poll is over :bitchfight:

I think I'll hate you all when we start voting for 117º. I think I want half of the songs to win!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I was gonna vote for How Will It Go but I don't want Come On Now Inside to be voted out so my vote goes to Train Tracks. It was gonna be my next choice anyway.

I think I'll hate you all when we start voting for 117º. I think I want half of the songs to win!

:drool: Sooo many awesome songs on that album too. My gut reaction says that "Grunt" is without doubt my favourite tune, but then ya look at the songs and tunes like Gotta Say, Good Enough, Bleedin, Methanol, Parasite, Surf Roach..... arghh, this is impossible!

Also I just realised I'm gonna miss the last few days of JJH voting as I'm away this weekend and probably won't have net access at least until Monday. If I'm allowed to vote in advance then I vote to get rid of Shuffle in the next round, then How Will It Go or Shuffle in the round after that (whichever song remains).

When I return home Come On Now Inside (w. Morning Tea) had better be crowned the albums best song, or you're all gonna have some serious explaining to do :P

• Like 2