Phil Rudd's Band...

James Bond

4 hours ago, blackieloveless said:

Simone Wright  Mark Evans  touring together in Austrailia , I find it interesting , yet maybe nothing .

http://www.acdcfans.net/news/simon-wright-to-join-forces-with-mark-evans-for-bon-scott-tribute-gigs/

It's "nothing" as far as anything on the band bring goes. I mean, It's not the first time they've done so. They do play great together.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2017 at 9:25 PM, James Bond said:

...is terrible. What the hell is this?

Actually, Phil's playing is great. He's sounding good and looking a little better so good for him trying to get back at it but yikes.

what is terrible about it?

the fact that the singer cant sing like bon or brian or axl? at least he is not using his clean voice

also the band is not playing a shitty speedy version of the song

phil also is not adding stupid drum fills to the song

there is not posers onstage doing cringe-worthy moves

and they dont call themselves acdc

thats good enough for me

the funniest thing is that this stupid three-chord-acdc-rip-off of a song has more groove than the entire stupid axl rose solo catalog!

5 hours ago, ludurigan said:

what is terrible about it?

the fact that the singer cant sing like bon or brian or axl? at least he is not using his clean voice

also the band is not playing a shitty speedy version of the song

phil also is not adding stupid drum fills to the song

there is not posers onstage doing cringe-worthy moves

and they dont call themselves acdc

thats good enough for me

the funniest thing is that this stupid three-chord-acdc-rip-off of a song has more groove than the entire stupid axl rose solo catalog!

Why are you taking shots at Guns/Axl because Phil's band sucks? Is it really a valid comparison? The singer of Phil's band is absolutely shit. Musically, sure, it's not that bad, but still comes across as "average bar band" and considering the money Phil has and the people he knows, it's not unreasonable to think he could have got a better singer. I already said Phil himself sounds terrific.

And no, I'm not expecting the singer to sound like Bon/Brian/Axl, but I at least expect him to sound better than a middle aged drunk at a karaoke dive bar.

It's also not like I didn't give this album a fair chance - I paid a premium for a physical copy of this album back when it came out. I was genuinely excited for it (and that was before any of the Phil drama within the band). If you like it better than AC/DC's post-2000 output then go ahead and enjoy it. Don't let my opinion bother you.

I also think The Chris Slade Timeline is pretty shit, but I still bought a copy of their album.

• Like 3

Even though his band is shit, he is just playing cause he likes to. 

Honestly it would have been better if he found some good musicians and teamed up with them. 

But well I guess he is just passing his time.

• Like 2

I can't bring myself to hate Phil or his band.

No, they aren't a stadium filler or deserve to be...but I take no delight in his ugly behaviour and exit from ACDC.

Lord knows I've done some really dumb shit in my time, I'll give Phil a pass.

No matter what, he's still a bona fide legend of rock in my book, false teeth and all.

• Like 4

He does seem to be heading in the right direction so that's good. He's acknowledged his dismissal from the band was all his fault, he supports Angus' decision to continue the band, and he even said he was wrong about Axl. That all says a lot. He never tried to hide behind his mistakes so that's something to respect.

Still, it's quite the drastic change to look at him on the River Plate DVD and then here looking like he's aged twenty years and having lost all his teeth. It's a mixture of feeling bad for the guy and also thinking "you made for own mess Phil" so I definitely have mixed feelings towards him. He made his mess, but obviously I respect him trying to better himself.

This was never meant as a "bash Phil" thread (which is why I was sure to point out how good he sounded), but come on, the singer is funny as all hell. :lol:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, James Bond said:

Why are you taking shots at Guns/Axl because Phil's band sucks? Is it really a valid comparison? The singer of Phil's band is absolutely shit. Musically, sure, it's not that bad, but still comes across as "average bar band" and considering the money Phil has and the people he knows, it's not unreasonable to think he could have got a better singer. I already said Phil himself sounds terrific.

And no, I'm not expecting the singer to sound like Bon/Brian/Axl, but I at least expect him to sound better than a middle aged drunk at a karaoke dive bar.

It's also not like I didn't give this album a fair chance - I paid a premium for a physical copy of this album back when it came out. I was genuinely excited for it (and that was before any of the Phil drama within the band). If you like it better than AC/DC's post-2000 output then go ahead and enjoy it. Don't let my opinion bother you.

I also think The Chris Slade Timeline is pretty shit, but I still bought a copy of their album.

i am taking shots at axl solo band and guns n aliens for one simple reason

because phils stupid three-chord pub band sounds, feels and even looks better than axl's solo band and guns n aliens

the singer obviously doesnt have the voice to sing acdc songs

its pure nonsense to judge the singer by acdc covers (which they are probably playing just to please the fans) since 99,9% of the the singers in the world cant sing acdc

he has a very decent, very rock n roll, sometimes lemmy-ish voice that sounds really good on their original songs

===

oh i find strange that you mention "the money Phil has"

so if you have a lot money you can BUY better bandmates?

is that it?

:rofl-lol:

maybe you are saying that because axl was so successful on his strategy of buying "extremely talented and very hard working musicians" (:rofl-lol:) for his solo band?

really, it doesnt take much to figure out that those guys are likely phils pals or neighbours or a local NZ pub band that phil saw whatever night and liked them and decided to ask them to play with him

i dont know the story but its likely that simple

thats how no-bullshit rock n roll works

you dont need to buy people to play with you

you ask them and if they like you they play with you

but i am sure you know that

On 4/14/2017 at 6:18 AM, Słash said:

Even though his band is shit, he is just playing cause he likes to. 

Honestly it would have been better if he found some good musicians and teamed up with them. 

But well I guess he is just passing his time.

he's a musician, if he wants to play in a band so bt it. we don't all have to like it but he has the right to do it :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ludurigan said:

i am taking shots at axl solo band and guns n aliens for one simple reason

because phils stupid three-chord pub band sounds, feels and even looks better than axl's solo band and guns n aliens

the singer obviously doesnt have the voice to sing acdc songs

its pure nonsense to judge the singer by acdc covers (which they are probably playing just to please the fans) since 99,9% of the the singers in the world cant sing acdc

he has a very decent, very rock n roll, sometimes lemmy-ish voice that sounds really good on their original songs

===

oh i find strange that you mention "the money Phil has"

so if you have a lot money you can BUY better bandmates?

is that it?

:rofl-lol:

maybe you are saying that because axl was so successful on his strategy of buying "extremely talented and very hard working musicians" (:rofl-lol:) for his solo band?

really, it doesnt take much to figure out that those guys are likely phils pals or neighbours or a local NZ pub band that phil saw whatever night and liked them and decided to ask them to play with him

i dont know the story but its likely that simple

thats how no-bullshit rock n roll works

you dont need to buy people to play with you

you ask them and if they like you they play with you

but i am sure you know that

But why are you making a comparison at all? Nobody even mentioned Axl or Guns, you brought that up totally on your own and started making arguments about it. Why? It's as silly as saying "Well yeah Phil's singer sucks but at least he doesn't have a top hat glued to his head!"

It's apples and oranges and had nothing to do with what I said.

I said Phil sounds good and his singer sucks. You got all triggered and starting taking shots at Axl. Why? Was that supposed to upset me?

I'm not allowed to judge him on this AC/DC track? Well, uh, it's out there and it sounds like shit. I'm allowed to have an opinion on the matter. Seems a little ironic that I'm not allowed to judge the clip to say it sounds bad yet you can judge the clip and say it sounds better than Axl's band, no?

And no, I wasn't saying money buys a better band - I realize these are probably just his meth buddies. I was saying surely of all the people he knows in the industry he could have found one who could actually sing. He has enough money to hire whoever he wants.

Yeah, I guess chemistry plays a part so you've got me there. I still think he's shit (the singer, that is).

• Like 2

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 4:55 PM, James Bond said:

It's "nothing" as far as anything on the band bring goes. I mean, It's not the first time they've done so. They do play great together.

I have not seen simon play in quite a while , though I did check out mark evans video recently playing with an ac/dc tribute , I hope they do not use him his chops were non existent .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, James Bond said:

But why are you making a comparison at all? Nobody even mentioned Axl or Guns, you brought that up totally on your own and started making arguments about it. Why? It's as silly as saying "Well yeah Phil's singer sucks but at least he doesn't have a top hat glued to his head!"

It's apples and oranges and had nothing to do with what I said.

I said Phil sounds good and his singer sucks. You got all triggered and starting taking shots at Axl. Why? Was that supposed to upset me?

I'm not allowed to judge him on this AC/DC track? Well, uh, it's out there and it sounds like shit. I'm allowed to have an opinion on the matter. Seems a little ironic that I'm not allowed to judge the clip to say it sounds bad yet you can judge the clip and say it sounds better than Axl's band, no?

And no, I wasn't saying money buys a better band - I realize these are probably just his meth buddies. I was saying surely of all the people he knows in the industry he could have found one who could actually sing. He has enough money to hire whoever he wants.

Yeah, I guess chemistry plays a part so you've got me there. I still think he's shit (the singer, that is).

who says you are not allowed to judge a band or to have an opinion?

i just have a different opinion than you

and i exposed my thoughts

we are in a forum

thats what people do in forums

you expose your opinion on forums get ready to read someone who thinks the complete opposite

but i am sure you know that too

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

who says you are not allowed to judge a band or to have an opinion?

i just have a different opinion than you

and i exposed my thoughts

we are in a forum

thats what people do in forums

you expose your opinion on forums get ready to read someone who thinks the complete opposite

but i am sure you know that too

Uh... you did. You flat out said I can't judge Phil's singer based on that video. I simply pointed out the hypocrisy in your statement.

Not sure where I said we aren't allowed to have different opinions? After all, I wasn't the one getting triggered because someone had a different opinion than me. I love discussing differing opinions but it usually makes for more stimulating discussion when it's about the topic at hand and not something unrelated like nuGuns or whatever other random arguments you were throwing out there. It also makes it hard to discuss said differing opinions when the comments are filled with bitterness because someone doesn't like the same singer you do. You tossed out those Axl shots as if they were supposed to hurt or offend me or something.

But alas this will just keep going in circles.

I think Phil's singer is shit, you like him. There's nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

Uh... you did. You flat out said I can't judge Phil's singer based on that video. I simply pointed out the hypocrisy in your statement.

Not sure where I said we aren't allowed to have different opinions? After all, I wasn't the one getting triggered because someone had a different opinion than me. I love discussing differing opinions but it usually makes for more stimulating discussion when it's about the topic at hand and not something unrelated like nuGuns or whatever other random arguments you were throwing out there. It also makes it hard to discuss said differing opinions when the comments are filled with bitterness because someone doesn't like the same singer you do. You tossed out those Axl shots as if they were supposed to hurt or offend me or something.

But alas this will just keep going in circles.

I think Phil's singer is shit, you like him. There's nothing wrong with that.

i said you cant judge phils singer (or any other singer) based on their capability of singing acdc songs (unless, obviously, the guy was trying for the acdc singer spot) because those acdc songs are impossible to sing (and they are not even on their album)

there are like 18 people in the world who can sing acdc properly

one of them is dead, one of them is getting deaf, one of them is a money-loving, control-freak lunatic who used to be the best singer ever

and one of them used to be in accept

(i have no idea who are the others)

===

oh, and all these things you say (i get "trigggered", my comments are "filled with bitterness" and are "supposed to hurt or offend" you) are just conclusions that you jumped to