Third anniversary of Duffs south America tour with GN'R

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:43 AM, AxlRoseCDII said:

Duff coming back was the first evidence there would be a reunion.  He was the link between Axl and Slash in my opinion and showed that Axl was accepting of the old band again. I say this in a non joking manner:

Without Duff, there would be no more Guns n' Roses.

Agreed completely. But, to be fair, Tommy Stinson deserves credit here as well. If he doesn't step aside for the replacement shows, Duff doesn't get called/asked to fill in.

• Like 1

It was a cool moment in time that's been largely over-shadowed with all that's happened since IMHO. Props to OP for bringing it up.

Remember being pretty pumped at the idea of Duff potentially stepping in full-time and giving the Dj/Bumble line-up a little more acceptance and perhaps helping Axl get "the second half of Chinese" out the door, etc. Didn't dare think it might mean anything related to Slash though (actually thought it might signal Matt's eventual return if anything)...

I remember this well and thinking man it would be cool if duff sticks around full time, more in hope than anything, so duff being back for those gigs was a pretty big thing at the time, I never thought it would fully lead to slash being back, it seemed like a massive pipe dream at the time. That's why I am happy to let these guys tour the globe with this line up before getting ancy about new music. It's still such a big thing and so many people haven't got to enjoy a show yet, so I'm pretty chilled about it all. 

Hopefully we get a new album (not holding my breath) and if we don't, I'd settle for Illusions pro shot releases or whatever... Life goes on...happy to see what happens and maybe one day I'll get to go to one more show! 

Edited by Tadsy
  • Like 1

speaking of pro shot footage, im hoping the illusions film they had that is stuck in the vault from recording the full illusions tour according to what slash described in his book will see the light of day. He did say that it would not see the light of day until everyone had sorted out their issues and I would say legally signed off on it.