My new Demos EP

I decided to release a collection of rough demos I have written and recorded over the last few months. I did these all in one take in my closet on my iPhone, using nothing but an unplugged electric guitar. I know that might seem strange, but for some reason that's just what I felt like doing. 

https://soundcloud.com/user-327161148/sets/demos

Hope you get some kinda enjoyment out of it. Thanks.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I decided to release a collection of rough demos I have written and recorded over the last few months. I did these all in one take in my closet on my iPhone, using nothing but an unplugged electric guitar. I know that might seem strange, but for some reason that's just what I felt like doing. 

Cool!  Thanks for sharing! Neat approach

• Like 1

On 13/04/2017 at 11:32 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Interesting look at your creative process, are these tracks going to form an album like Beautiful Corruption? You've got some nice guitar parts going on, Sapphire reminds me of All Apologies by Nirvana, but doesn't sound like it if that makes any sense!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Interesting look at your creative process, are these tracks going to form an album like Beautiful Corruption? You've got some nice guitar parts going on, Sapphire reminds me of All Apologies by Nirvana, but doesn't sound like it if that makes any sense!

Glad you like what I was doing here, and I really appreciate the nirvana comparison :) 

my pipe dream is to hopefully find someone who lives near me who can actually sing, and then we can go through all of my material (this stuff, the Beautiful Corruption album, etc.), pick the best dozen or so songs, and then try to record them as a proper album in a real studio with a producer and such.

38 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Glad you like what I was doing here, and I really appreciate the nirvana comparison :) 

my pipe dream is to hopefully find someone who lives near me who can actually sing, and then we can go through all of my material (this stuff, the Beautiful Corruption album, etc.), pick the best dozen or so songs, and then try to record them as a proper album in a real studio with a producer and such.

That's a good idea, don't limit yourself to nearby though; with file sharing on Dropbox etc, you can put together an album with someone on the other side of the world if you both have the gear to do it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

That's a good idea, don't limit yourself to nearby though; with file sharing on Dropbox etc, you can put together an album with someone on the other side of the world if you both have the gear to do it. 

Yeah that's a good point. I'll see what's out there.

EDIT: with that being said, I was also thinking of maybe trying to play live, so it'd be difficult to do that if my singer was halfway around the world.

Edited by rocknroll41