1986 Acoustic Demos?

You know the ones I mean...  November Rain, Jumping Jack Flash, and Move To The City (* a cut-off version of which is known as 'West Coast Junkie" or "Jam" etc...)     They usually show up on the same bootlegs as the Sound City sessions, so my question is..  does anyone know if in fact they were recorded in the same June 1986 sessions at Sound City Studios with Manny Charlton?

Thanks!

15 hours ago, DrDapsoy said:

You know the ones I mean...  November Rain, Jumping Jack Flash, and Move To The City (* a cut-off version of which is known as 'West Coast Junkie" or "Jam" etc...)     They usually show up on the same bootlegs as the Sound City sessions, so my question is..  does anyone know if in fact they were recorded in the same June 1986 sessions at Sound City Studios with Manny Charlton?

Thanks!

Yes.  Same session.  They are on the tracksheets.

7 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Yes.  Same session.  They are on the tracksheets.

terrific topic

:headbang:

these three acoustic recordings are priceless

that acoustic version of jumping jack flash!

:headbang:

axl really *really* nailed the vocals (like he used to do all the time back then) on this version

"but its all... aw-aw-ri-ay-ay-ight..."

and the band (specially izzy-slash guitar playing and izzy-duff backing vocals) is just fucking superb

(as usual!)

i remember telling my friends "you have to listen to this, this GNR acoustic version of Jumping Jack Flash is like 18x times better than any version of the song by the stones" and they would just laugh of me hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

good fucking times

move to the city seems to be more a "live in the studio", right?

also terrific, love how they all seen to be drunk and having a party and a great good time on this!

and it takes one listening to see how much fun axl seemed to be having singing this and also how great izzys backing vocals were!

i dont care too much for november rain but this acoustic version is great

18 million times better than the stupid UYI orchestra version!

===

are you sure these were all recorded on the Manny Charlton sessions?

and sorry i didnt understand what you mean by "They are on the tracksheets"

Do you have (or have you seen a photo of) the actual demo tape or something like that?

===

i really hope they have recorded many more songs on these acoustic sessions

now THAT is some true Holy Grail of Guns n Roses that i really hope can surface sooner than later!

• Like 1

It's another milestone year.  AFD turns 30!   I think it's way past due for a Super Deluxe Edition. 

My fantasy wishlist...

Disc 1: AFD Remastered
Disc 2: Sound City Sessions
Disc 3: Sound City Sessions, continued / Original 1985 Demo / Live Like A Suicide complete sessions
Disc 4 + DVD : Live From The Ritz - February '88

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ludurigan said:

are you sure these were all recorded on the Manny Charlton sessions?

and sorry i didnt understand what you mean by "They are on the tracksheets"

Do you have (or have you seen a photo of) the actual demo tape or something like that?

Yes.

I meant there are photos/scans of the tape boxes circulating online, where you can clearly see the full track listing of the Sound City sessions of June 4th 1986. The full tracklist is also in Marc Canter's book.

They were only two other sessions, the 5-track Mystic demo session in August '85 and the LLAS sessions at Pasha Studios with Spencer Proffer in September 1986.

1 hour ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Yes.

I meant there are photos/scans of the tape boxes circulating online, where you can clearly see the full track listing of the Sound City sessions of June 4th 1986. The full tracklist is also in Marc Canter's book.

They were only two other sessions, the 5-track Mystic demo session in August '85 and the LLAS sessions at Pasha Studios with Spencer Proffer in September 1986.

oh fuck i have canters book and i didnt remember that!

thanks

31 minutes ago, DrDapsoy said:

There were the live-in-the-studio tracks (4 of which became LLAS with added crowd fx), and the 3 tracks which Spencer Proffer actually "Produced" (Nightrain, Brownstone, and SCOM)  All recorded at Pasha.     

are these the nightrain and sweet child demos that have somewhat "slow speed"?

that version of nightrain with a different intro?

that shit is fantastic!

46 minutes ago, DrDapsoy said:

There were the live-in-the-studio tracks (4 of which became LLAS with added crowd fx), and the 3 tracks which Spencer Proffer actually "Produced" (Nightrain, Brownstone, and SCOM)  All recorded at Pasha.     

They recorded more than that at Pasha :

- All the stuff that was officially released (with added fake crowd noise) : 'Reckless Life', 'Nice Boys', 'Move To The City', 'Mama Kin', 'Shadow Of Your Love'

- The Proffer tracks : 'SCOM', 'Nightrain', 'Mr. Brownstone'

- Extra stuff: 'Welcome To The Jungle', 'You're Crazy', 'Heartbreak Hotel', 'Jumping Jack Flash', 'Don't Cry'

• Like 1

On 18/04/2017 at 7:26 PM, DrDapsoy said:

It's another milestone year.  AFD turns 30!   I think it's way past due for a Super Deluxe Edition. 

My fantasy wishlist...

Disc 1: AFD Remastered
Disc 2: Sound City Sessions
Disc 3: Sound City Sessions, continued / Original 1985 Demo / Live Like A Suicide complete sessions
Disc 4 + DVD : Live From The Ritz - February '88

I'd save the LLAS sessions for the GN'R Lies 30 years cos not much to go on with 2 EP's strapped together but yeah! Def! 

This is not acoustic demo,  but also from 1986 (at least according to the video title)

I love how raw and unpolished it sounds :wub: TBH I've never been big fan of  highly produced "grandiose" power ballads. So I prefer this over the official UYI -version..

and  Steven on drums...

Generally speaking, I know Sorum is more technically competent drummer, but his sledgehammer style just doesn't do it for me.

Edited by Fourteenbeers
typo

19 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

This is not acoustic demo,  but also from 1986 (at least according to the video title)

I love how raw and unpolished it sounds :wub: TBH I've never been big fan of  highly produced "grandiose" power ballads. So I prefer this over the official UYI -version..

and  Steven on drums...

Generally speaking, I know Sorum is more technically competent drummer, but his sledgehammer style just doesn't do it for me.

Thats the B-Side demo on the single. Amazing version and fully agree that Adler is better suited. 

• Like 1