The Walking Dead Season 8 Discussion

17 hours ago, EvanG said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Is this how the story of the mighty Rick Grimes comes to an end? Falling off a horse? Great episode again, they are really getting back on track.

I don't know for sure yet. The previews to his last episode really didn't give you a real clue. Not sure if those scenes are in his mind or really happening?  I just know it's going to suck whichever way Rick leaves.

The writers and producers say how it will effect all the characters for long after he's gone.

Since Laura Cohen is leaving for another show, I wonder if AMC will tell us when her last show will be?

If Rick goes down, it needs to be in a final life-or-death battle with N., having made it out of the prison somehow, with them eventually killing each other. If they let him just get devoured by walkers, I will be deeply disappointed. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

If Rick goes down, it needs to be in a final life-or-death battle with N., having made it out of the prison somehow, with them eventually killing each other. If they let him just get devoured by walkers, I will be deeply disappointed. 

Yeah, I would be shocked and disappointed too. I know most of the dead characters have met horrible deaths, but losing Rick is going to be very very sad.

I would just love for him to be in a coma or maybe Anne will find him and sell him to whoever the hell wants an "A" person. That would leave Rick's life open ended and maybe the other characters trying to find him and finding him in the series finale.

I guess we'll see this Sunday. I hope it's not left where we don't know. I really hate those endings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AslatIE said:

According to TSDF (The Spoiling Dead Fans), 

Reveal hidden contents

Rick survives this episode, and flies away into the sunset in the helicopter that Jadis/Anne has been calling. I'm going to jump off a building lol

I was thinking that same ending for Rick.

Well, I guess it's better than death, but who the hell knows?

Either way many questions will not be answered and the rest of the characters will all be upset anyway it ends.

It'll still be sad to see Rick go. I really liked the actor and the character.

I'm curious as to how long TWD will go on now?

And please don't do anything crazy to yourself! lol It's only a tv show.

10 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Holy shit, what an episode! I hope he will be back some day. Now what.

I thought it was freakin awesome too!

The Grimes legacy will carry on!

If you guys get a chance watch last night's episode of The Talking Dead. There is an awesome interview with Andy and also Scott Gimple is on to tell you what exactly is next for Rick.

The ideas sound very awesome and I'm hoping Andy is on board.

Loved seeing some characters on TWD that were no longer with us anymore. Scott compared it to the Wizard of Oz with Rick meeting them again and finding "home".

amazing episode. Andy will be missed, but TWD will go on!

Kudos to Angela one of the writers of the WD for an amazing send off for Rick.

• Like 1

I'm kinda okay with how they handled it, with the group being under the assumption that Rick is dead, even though he's not, although I would've preferred seeing Rick's story end on a full note, with him perishing.

Really good episode otherwise, and seeing Magna's group was cool.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-expansion-plans-revealed-andrew-lincoln-movies-new-series-come-1157921

Oh for fucks sake :lol: 

Well, Scott Gimple said there are going to be mini movies on AMC which continue Rick's story. Not sure if Andy will star in it.

In his interview, Andy said he was always for exploring other parts of the world and what they were going through.

It sounded like Andy might be on board for the movies since it's continuing Rick's storyline.

Now we are six years ahead and Judith is grown up and carrying on what Rick and Carl began. She seems to be kick ass!

I'm just glad the fans know what happened to Rick. I had things left un-said. Whatever happens to Rick in the future, I would love for Andy to continue playing this character.

Also since Lauren Cohen is leaving too, I wonder how Maggie will be leaving the show? also her son Hershel will be around 6 now with the jump ahead.

also did anyone else hear what the walkers are now doing? They are evolving now! lol Damn it's going to be better to be dead in this new world. It's very confusing to me how dead people can evolve into anything other than being dead? lol

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, Scott Gimple said there are going to be mini movies on AMC which continue Rick's story. Not sure if Andy will star in it.

In his interview, Andy said he was always for exploring other parts of the world and what they were going through.

It sounded like Andy might be on board for the movies since it's continuing Rick's storyline.

Now we are six years ahead and Judith is grown up and carrying on what Rick and Carl began. She seems to be kick ass!

I'm just glad the fans know what happened to Rick. I had things left un-said. Whatever happens to Rick in the future, I would love for Andy to continue playing this character.

Also since Lauren Cohen is leaving too, I wonder how Maggie will be leaving the show? also her son Hershel will be around 6 now with the jump ahead.

also did anyone else hear what the walkers are now doing? They are evolving now! lol Damn it's going to be better to be dead in this new world. It's very confusing to me how dead people can evolve into anything other than being dead? lol

Andy left because he wanted to spend more time with his family. That would mean filming would have to be in England or else he probably wouldn’t do it. Also, the walkers “evolving” is from the comics and a storyline I’ve been waiting for. If you want to know what is happeneing the comics are good (and still good, they have Rick and Carl).

20 hours ago, Ninjapie24 said:

Andy left because he wanted to spend more time with his family. That would mean filming would have to be in England or else he probably wouldn’t do it. Also, the walkers “evolving” is from the comics and a storyline I’ve been waiting for. If you want to know what is happeneing the comics are good (and still good, they have Rick and Carl).

Yeah, I know Andy left to be with his family. I'm sure the mini movies won't keep him away from his family for a long time, so he probably will be doing them. I mean he's an actor, so act.

Yeah, I would love to read the comics, but I read so many books every week, there's no time to squeeze anything else. I know Carl and Rick are alive, but since the show films with real people, people come and go to do what's best for their lives. I don't think Chandler decided to leave on his own. I think the writers wrote him out.

But it's till weird that the walkers can talk now, so I assume they are thinking now too? Z Nation has a storyline like this too. Some of their zombies are pre-zombies and some are super fast zombies like in the 28 days movies. It's interesting to see how a walker or zombie can become something else. It makes it harder for the humans to fool them. lol

I guess as long as the writers come up with good shit, I will continue to watch TWD.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, I know Andy left to be with his family. I'm sure the mini movies won't keep him away from his family for a long time, so he probably will be doing them. I mean he's an actor, so act.

Yeah, I would love to read the comics, but I read so many books every week, there's no time to squeeze anything else. I know Carl and Rick are alive, but since the show films with real people, people come and go to do what's best for their lives. I don't think Chandler decided to leave on his own. I think the writers wrote him out.

But it's till weird that the walkers can talk now, so I assume they are thinking now too? Z Nation has a storyline like this too. Some of their zombies are pre-zombies and some are super fast zombies like in the 28 days movies. It's interesting to see how a walker or zombie can become something else. It makes it harder for the humans to fool them. lol

I guess as long as the writers come up with good shit, I will continue to watch TWD.

I would say the show improved upon moments in the comics, up until the end of season 6(I also consider the first episode of season 7 as part of that since it should have been the season 6 finale and not a cliff hanger). The Shane storyline is improved quite a bit. The Governor is an actual person in the show, and the cannibals from Terminus are given some backstory. That is just a few instances. Once Glenn and Abraham died, however, the show couldn’t quite do justice to the moments in the comics. Negan was far superior in the comics (even though Jeffery Dean Morgan does a wonderful job). The war was more concise and less dragged out. After the war is also pretty great. I think the comics are better than the show and if you are a fan of the show, the comics are instrumental in liking the Walking Dead.

It always seems books and now comics are better than a show or a movie. You can do more with writing books than showing on tv sometimes.

Maybe TWD should have been shown on HBO or another premium channel, so it can go beyond what it does on AMC.

I wonder why AMC won't use the "f" word when FX and USA and many other channels now allow it. I feel if the show is for adults only, anything goes. It's not their job to monitor your kids.

anyway, I will continue to watch TWD. I'm committed now. I stuck with Fear even though in the beginning I wasn't crazy about most of the characters. Now I've grown to care about most of the characters on this show and love Morgan joining this new group. Next season seems promising too.

I think it was a good thing for TWD jumping 6 years. I honestly didn't want everyone to just be upset over Rick. I'm sure he's still missed, but it'll be interesting if any of those mini AMC movies shows us what Rick has been doing for the past 6 years. also I wonder if Jadas/Annie will continue with Rick?

I absolutely agree. You could feel the "fuck" coming many times – it would have been not only totally appropriate, but in case of Negan, the speech was downright crippled by the forced censorship. Can you imagine how inventive this guy would have been? 

Also, I’ve seen previews from some future three episodes, and it looks like it won’t be an immediate leap forward in time – they were still looking for Rick in that snippet, so idk. 

Edited by jamillos

7 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I absolutely agree. You could feel the "fuck" coming many times – it would have been not only totally appropriate, but in case of Negan, the speech was downright crippled by the forced censorship. Can you imagine how inventive this guy would have been? 

Also, I’ve seen previews from some future three episodes, and it looks like it won’t be an immediate leap forward in time – they were still looking for Rick in that snippet, so idk. 

Yeah, they did film this though and if makes me very fucking happy indeed.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jamillos said:

I heard in an interview that when they rehearsed JDM's Negan would say the "fuck" over and over again. I think AMC should allow it now. A lot of channels allow actors to say "fuck" and in one episode of Fear the Walking Dead, Madison told her son Nick "fuck you". I had to laugh because I said it right before she did. What they were talking about Madison answering with a fuck you seemed the way to go.