The Walking Dead Season 8 Discussion

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

Also, there is this F word version video where you can feel it's painfully necessary: :D

Oh yeah, definitely it was needed here for sure. Like I said, Fear used the "fuck" word and since it's used so much in life, allow it. I mean there's always a warning before each show, so you know about the violence, so cursing usually goes along with it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

LAWD THEY DONE DID IT

THE WALKERS HAVE BECOME THE WHISPERERS

Yep. I’ve been waiting for this for a while. I hope they don’t fuck it up like they did Road to War and All Out War. The ending of the last episode made them seem very creepy and would scare the shit out of people if they didn’t know what was happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AslatIE said:

LAWD THEY DONE DID IT

THE WALKERS HAVE BECOME THE WHISPERERS

Okay, Chris Hardwick on the Talking Dead hinted to this. I'm still wondering if it's the walkers actually talking or some other crazy ass group walking with them to get info on the living? I don't read the comics so I have no idea, but I have a feeling it won't be good.

I thought last night's episode was very good. Loved seeing Carol do her thing again! That was awesome!

Also what's up with the scar on Michonne's back? Did she donate a kidney to someone?

Some surprising pair ups 6 years into the future. lol didn't see them coming!

Looks like Negan might be okay again. Little Judith is something else!

I do like what they are doing with Judeth. I still prefer to have Carl around so there would still be a Grimes never in the cast (since she is the Punisher’s daughter). Having a kid be Rick’s after he is gone, and won’t know him is heartbreaking. There is a feeling over the whole show now that is the feeling of when Andrea was alive and at Woodbury and just barely missed seeing her friends, only multiplied by a few thousand. I will say, it has gotten better but the void of Rick and Carl is something inescapable.

6 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I didn't get a chance to see last night's episode, but please tell me the walkers are not evolving.

I read somewhere that The Whisperers are actually people dressed as walkers?

Sorry, I do not follow the comics.

No spoilers from the comics please. 

5 hours ago, EvanG said:

Little Judith is cute as pie...

...and that prison chick is hot as pie... that probably doesn't make sense, but you know what I mean.

Absolutely. 

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

No spoilers from the comics please. 

Sorry for the miscommunication, It was just a question about wether or not the walkers evolve.

I'm not interested in some cheesy George Romero Dawn concept where the dead communicate with each other, and was wondering if that's the direction TWD is going (I don't follow the comics).

I would find it more interesting if the dead are starting to evolve and become more of a threat to the humans, than other humans pretending to be part of the walking dead to get to other humans, that way it will be just another group of people against the other communities again.

12 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

wether or not the walkers evolve.

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to just... you know... rot and decompose until they disappear? They've established at the end of season 2 that it's a virus. A virus needs a host, but it can't maintain the host. So eventually the host rots. 

Sorry for going all Buzz Killington here... 

54 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Sorry for the miscommunication, It was just a question about wether or not the walkers evolve.

I'm not interested in some cheesy George Romero Dawn concept where the dead communicate with each other, and was wondering if that's the direction TWD is going (I don't follow the comics).

Oh no problem, I kind of meant it in general anyway, it seemed like it would lead to that old comics vs. TV show comparison – even though the stories differ, it can still be considered a spoiler, can’t it. I hope the future seasons will try to maintain some sort of standard...

37 minutes ago, username said:

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to just... you know... rot and decompose until they disappear? They've established at the end of season 2 that it's a virus. A virus needs a host, but it can't maintain the host. So eventually the host rots. 

Sorry for going all Buzz Killington here... 

Right? One would expect some sort of energy dissipation, which should lead to a gradual demise of the dead, with the resources being more and more scarce. Well, we don’t exactly know how the virus works anyway, maybe it itself gets weaker, allowing some former human features to return? 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

Well, this was discussed on The Talking Dead and Chris Hardwick hinted that this was written in the comics.

I have my doubts that the walkers are actually talking to each other. I'm sure there's something else that will shown before the last 2 episodes of the year.

We'll probably have to wait until next year to find out what's going on?

20 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I didn't get a chance to see last night's episode, but please tell me the walkers are not evolving.

I read somewhere that The Whisperers are actually people dressed as walkers?

Sorry, I do not follow the comics.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're right. The Talking Dead show kind of hinted about this was happening. I mean once you're dead that's it. At least I hope so. It's bad enough they are still walking around and trying to kill you but if they can communicate with each other what chance does humanity have?

Besides Z Nation is kind of exploring this idea and I would hate for TWD to go in the same direction. After all this show started it all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EvanG said:

I would find it more interesting if the dead are starting to evolve and become more of a threat to the humans, than other humans pretending to be part of the walking dead to get to other humans, that way it will be just another group of people against the other communities again.

Well, probably if this happened to the world there would be a lot more groups trying to take your shit away from you instead of working for it and making their own world.

Human beings suck on a good day, so imagine this world. Most people would probably want what you have. I'm sure the Saviors weren't the only dick heads in this world.

Besides, if everyone got along, how boring would that be? lol

and true it is a zombie world so anything can happen!

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, probably if this happened to the world there would be a lot more groups trying to take your shit away from you instead of working for it and making their own world.

Human beings suck on a good day, so imagine this world. Most people would probably want what you have. I'm sure the Saviors weren't the only dick heads in this world.

Besides, if everyone got along, how boring would that be? lol

and true it is a zombie world so anything can happen!

I think you were asking earlier about how long the show will keep going. They've been doing the 'group A' against 'group B' scenario since season three now. If the zombies will evolve and it will become a ''planet of the apes'' situation, then this show can evolve too and it could keep on going for a long time, I think. I don't read the comics so I have no idea if this will happen, but if every time it will be another group of people against the same communities, then it's going to be too repetitive. Because like I said... this has been going on since season three, if I'm not mistaken.

I’ve always said Idk where it can go now from Negan. Looking back at the Governor, who was an ultimate badass, now he looks like a nice uncle. But with Negan disposed of, what worse could there be? An army with tanks? And with Rick gone, how are they going to maintain the numbers? 

Speaking of Negan, something is telling me he will gradually mind-fuck the daughter, and she’ll eventually let him out. Now that would be some season finale, right? :) 

Edited by jamillos

13 hours ago, jamillos said:

I’ve always said Idk where it can go now from Negan. Looking back at the Governor, who was an ultimate badass, now he looks like a nice uncle. But with Negan disposed of, what worse could there be? An army with tanks? And with Rick gone, how are they going to maintain the numbers? 

Speaking of Negan, something is telling me he will gradually mind-fuck the daughter, and she’ll eventually let him out. Now that would be some season finale, right? :) 

I wouldn't be surprised, but Judith seems very smart, but she is a child.

It would be a waste of talent if JDM has nothing to do but talk from a prison cell. It looks to me like they may have moved him to another place since he has a window now.

Well, maybe we haven't seen the last of Anne and those helicopter people. I mean if they have a helicopter who knows what else they may have?

Like I said, I don't read the comics but sooner or later every secret comes out. I'm sure there will be another group who will mess things up. It's what humans do eventually.

Oh boy! I guess we are going to have Walker whisperers on the show now. I think I'm going to be annoyed by them.

Very good episode last night. Honestly, it's not like I'm missing Rick all that much. I'm glad he didn't die, but it seems the other characters are getting more air time and stepping up their game.

So since Maggie went somewhere with her son Hershel, is that how she will be leaving the show and we won't see her again? Weird.

Jesus rocking the man bun! lol

I do hope that the characters realize something isn't right and Daryl's dog didn't get tangled in those ropes by himself. Thank goodness no animals were harmed in last night's episode. I really hate when that happens.

Oh and Michael C (Abraham) directed last night's episode. He did very well. He was also on The Talking Dead.

21 hours ago, EvanG said:

Haha... I was just kidding about the singing.

OMG! Thank goodness because I was already dreading it! lol

Okay, got my new TV guide and it had an article about TWD.

They will begin filming a Rick Grimes movie in the new year and yes, Andy will again play Rick. it will show where Rick has been for the past 6 years and what he's up to now.

also the movies might show back stories on Negan, Michonne and Glenn as well as possibly the Governor.

anyway, it'll be nice to see Rick Grimes again. If/when I hear about exactly when the movies will be on AMC I will let you guys know.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and let's hope no turkeys are eaten by the horrible walkers! lol

• Like 2