The Walking Dead Season 8 Discussion

Yeah, I guess since the walkers go to sounds they hear, whispering lures them to go the way they want them to.

I guess it's working, at least on the tv show it is. lol

I doubt the walkers understand them, just following the sounds. Maybe talking quietly is what makes them follow. Whatever! I know this season is going to annoy the hell out of me.

Especially since the characters won't know who's the real walkers and who's not?

Did you see the make up on the leader Whisperer? So damn creepy.

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

Aaanyway, how could these new people command the walker crowds when they (the walkers) cannot understand anything? Has there been some evolution going on after all? 

Happy holidays, everyone. 

Happy Holidays to you too!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the walkers were responding to the sound of their voices.

I'm sure we will find out more about these whisperers people. You know TWD will go back in time to show us how they figured out how to control the walkers.

Anyway, the writer said the characters will be freaking out by this new dangerous group since you can't tell who's a real walker and who's one of the whisperers until it's too late.

I would just kill everything that looked like a walker and as no questions. Just kill.

13 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

The teaser for Alpha making the mask was pretty badass. February 10 needs to hurry up!

The leader was on Sons of Anarchy and The Bates Motel. He was super annoying in TBM. The group better watch out!

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I guess the walkers were responding to the sound of their voices.

I'm sure we will find out more about these whisperers people. You know TWD will go back in time to show us how they figured out how to control the walkers.

Anyway, the writer said the characters will be freaking out by this new dangerous group since you can't tell who's a real walker and who's one of the whisperers until it's too late.

I would just kill everything that looked like a walker and as no questions. Just kill.

The leader was on Sons of Anarchy and The Bates Motel. He was super annoying in TBM. The group better watch out!

From what I understand, Ryan Hurst plays Beta (second in command to Alpha). 

I am really excited for the mid season return as this should be an interesting story arc.

Hopefully we get more news on the Rick Grimes films soon as well.

Well, I usually watch The Talking Dead that comes after TWD and they give you updates on the TWD universe. If I hear anything new I will definitely posted it here.

Well, it's a month away until TWD is back on air. I'm sure it's going to be a shocking half of the season.

On another note, Maggie (Lauren Cohen's) new show begins in February. It's a comedy drama with the guy who was in Felicity. I might check it out. There's just too many shows on regular tv and cable. My dvr is always recording something at any given time. It's nuts.

• 1 month later...

The Walking Dead premieres this Sunday.

Saw some footage with the new leader of the Whisperers and I just know she's going to be sOOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying! lol

If I were Daryl and the rest of the gang, I would just shoot anything that walks, human or walkers, just to be on the safe side.

I don't think these whisperers are going to want to play nice at all.

can't wait to see JDM on Supernatural tomorrow night! Hope to see him next season too.

Negan is out and what will he do? Will he find Lucille? Where is Lucille? can't remember what happened to her?

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:23 AM, F*ck Fear said:

The teaser for Alpha making the mask was pretty badass. February 10 needs to hurry up!

There SHE is! I'm already screaming at the screen! lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SunnyDRE said:

New episode is already out. 

Like a totally different show. I miss Rick, but it was alright.

Yeah, I don't have access to that preview channel or whatever it is. I pay enough for cable.

I will watch the episode on Sunday.

Remember any fans of JDM, he will be on Supernatural tonight. He plays Sam and Dean's dad back from the dead. He started out on this show and was awesome. Can't wait to see this reunion.

I read that Andrew Lincoln will make 3 stand alone Rick Grimes movies. Not sure when he will begin filming or when they will air, but it's supposed to happen.

I also know that Andrew will guest star on a Ride with Norman Reedus show too.

21 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'll be watching the new episode on Saturday. I like the feel of it being a 'new' show. They had to change it up when Andrew Lincoln left.

I still wish he would have stuck around though.

Also, I read AMC have just ordered season 10!

Cool! Season 10. I hope the whisperers don't last two seasons. I'm already dreading this group and what they are going to do to the other characters.

Maggie's new show begins February 27, but honestly, I don't like that actor that plays with her. I don't find him sexy or attractive, so I think it's a no for me. Maybe if this show tanks, Lauren will come back to TWD so we can see how her character is doing along with Hershel

I'm not overly familiar with the comics, but I'm disappointed to see Michonne go. Who's next? Daryl?

I watched the mid season return and felt that any momentum/excitement the mid season finale had, was lost in this episode.

Maybe I shouldn't have watched it hours after reading that another main cast member is leaving.

9 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm not overly familiar with the comics, but I'm disappointed to see Michonne go. Who's next? Daryl?

I watched the mid season return and felt that any momentum/excitement the mid season finale had, was lost in this episode.

Maybe I shouldn't have watched it hours after reading that another main cast member is leaving.

Well, I guess Michonne is making tons of money with the Black Panther and the sequel and she's in the Avengers movies too. With the money those super hero movies make, she's probably a millionaire by now.

Never read the comics and don't want to start now. Too many seasons to read. lol

Maybe since Andrew left she was too sad to go on.

I hope she just leaves and doesn't die. I hate when main characters die. I know it's a bad world, but Michoone is a bad ass.

We seem to be losing too many great characters.

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, I guess Michonne is making tons of money with the Black Panther and the sequel and she's in the Avengers movies too. With the money those super hero movies make, she's probably a millionaire by now.

Never read the comics and don't want to start now. Too many seasons to read. lol

Maybe since Andrew left she was too sad to go on.

I hope she just leaves and doesn't die. I hate when main characters die. I know it's a bad world, but Michoone is a bad ass.

We seem to be losing too many great characters.

I agree regarding Michonne.

I wonder if they will keep RJ on the show?

Hopefully you enjoy the new episode!

16 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I agree regarding Michonne.

I wonder if they will keep RJ on the show?

Hopefully you enjoy the new episode!

I'm sure I will enjoy and scream at my tv too! lol I get really involved. Maybe Michonne will get to Rick on his 3 news shows. I wonder how she will cross the oceans? lol Michonne is an important character and she will be missed too.

• Like 1

Okay, watched the episode and thought it was pretty good. Not liking the whisperers at all. Don't trust that girl who's mother is the leader. This group is going to be BIG trouble for the characters.

I always watch The Talking Dead after each episode and it was pretty good.

For those of you who are interested in the hidden "easter eggs" there was one in this episode. The spot where you see Negan on his knees is the same spot where he killed Glenn and Abraham. Didn't realize it, but it was cool to know.

I thought the send off for Jesus was pretty nice. Sad too.

I think eventually everyone will have to come together in one place to fight off these whisperers to survive. Nice seeing JDM get a very cool episode.

also on Riding with Norman Reedus, he and JDM met up with Andrew Lincoln in the UK and rode some motor cycles with Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull. He's Andy's father-in-law. JT is one of my mom's favorite bands. She saw them tons of times in NYC back in the 70's. Great band live. My brother and I make fun that Ian played a flute. lol Anyway, Ian's home in the country was amazing. A beautiful mansion with a country home feel.

Let's hope this second half of the season brings tons of action.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I never evev realized that tid-bit about Negan being in the same spot as where he killed Glenn. Very cool.

Yeah, me either. That's why I like to watch The Talking Dead, they always tell you cool stuff that most of us don't realize. I think from what they said, Negan realized where he was.

• Like 1