The Walking Dead Season 8 Discussion

i'm out now. gg twd. they fucked up season 7 and 8 now, and the whole future of the story. 

i'm done with this fucking bullshit. amc die now.

they had one or two good episodes this season, and now they just fucking shat all over any sensible story or logic.

they're probably going to fucking not even introduce the whisperers lol. the writers can go fuck themselves.

Not overly excited this season, but I enjoyed the twist and deviation. Walking Dead unlike GOT is always better when it strays further away from source material.

The show isn't going on forever and did anyone really think they were going to keep the actor on the show for another 8 seasons till they kill him off or the show ends? The show ain't going 16 seasons and I'd be shocked if they even got the show up-to-date with the comics. Needs to change course, so that they can come up with an end-game before the show is cancelled without an ending. 

They killed off the 2nd safest character in the show apart from Rick. Hooray twist!

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Not overly excited this season, but I enjoyed the twist and deviation. Walking Dead unlike GOT is always better when it strays further away from source material.

The show isn't going on forever and did anyone really think they were going to keep the actor on the show for another 8 seasons till they kill him off or the show ends? The show ain't going 16 seasons and I'd be shocked if they even got the show up-to-date with the comics. Needs to change course, so that they can come up with an end-game before the show is cancelled without an ending. 

They killed off the 2nd safest character in the show apart from Rick. Hooray twist!

Yeah, I was shocked! So sad when you lose any character on the show.

I watched The Talking Dead and Scott Gimple the writer was on and he said that the show had this death on their minds for a long time. anyway, this will be felt for a long time to come.

It was a crazy episode. Can't wait until February 25 when TWD returns.

20 hours ago, AslatIE said:
  Reveal hidden contents

no fucking way negan lives after this.

this show will be over within a year, i fucking bet you

Pretty sure the show will stay on AMC until the fans get tired of it and since TWD has a HUGE fan base this show will be on at least another 2 or 3 years.

Or I'm not paying enough attention, which is likely, or I find that many things aren't explained well. What happened to the other residents from Alexandria? I only saw the familiar faces hiding underground. How did the saviours get out of the walkers attack? When did Carl get bitten by a walker? What was up with that kid Walt? Oh wait, wrong show...

Spoilers so fuck off if you don't want them

You don't fucking suddenly change Carl's morality and kill him so Rick will change his mind about killing Negan, THAT'S WHAT YOU HAVE MORGAN FOR, THAT'S HIS PURPOSE, THAT'S WHAT YOU'VE BEEN BUILDING HIM UP TO SINCE SEASON FUCKING FIVE

CARL HAS HAD EIGHT SEASONS OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT THAT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THIS, YOU DON'T SET HIM UP FOR THE POST-ALL OUT WAR/A NEW BEGINNING STORY JUST TO KILL HIM OFF LIKE THIS

YOU DON'T HAVE HIM BUILD A RELATIONSHIP WITH NEGAN IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO KILL HIM OFF, UNLESS YOU GIVE NEGAN THE PHONE-HALLUCINATION STORY LINE

SCOTT GIMPLE, PISS OFF YOU BLOODY WANKER, YOU SAY THAT YOU DO THIS TO BRIDGE A GAP IN THE STORY WHICH THE COMIC DIDN'T DO, SO YOU TURN CARL INTO A PACIFIST IN THE COURSE OF TWO EPISODES AND MAKE HIM STOP RICK FROM KILLING NEGAN, ONLY DAYS AFTER HE KILLED A BUNCH OF PEOPLE IN THE SANCTUARY. YOU ARE A FOOL.

Rage filled rant over for now :lol: 

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

Or I'm not paying enough attention, which is likely, or I find that many things aren't explained well. What happened to the other residents from Alexandria? I only saw the familiar faces hiding underground. How did the saviours get out of the walkers attack? When did Carl get bitten by a walker? What was up with that kid Walt? Oh wait, wrong show...

Carl got bitten when he went outside the walls and helped the new guy.  I'm not surprised since about 2 or 3 walkers fell on top of him and one of them was by the side he was bitten on.

Chandler Riggs is an amazing actor and I'm sure his career is just beginning. Unfortunately, the show takes place in a horrible world so people are going to die.

The Garbage Pail bastards just ran away and left Rick. once Rick and company kill or capture Negan and get rid of the saviors they then need to kill those GPK too.

I know many of you are pissed at the writers of the show, but it's a show and shit happens. I'm always sorry when a main character leaves or dies, but that's the way the show goes.

I'm sure one day everyone we know will be dead and the others will have to put them down since everyone has the virus in them.

I honestly I'm glad the King survived. I hope Jerry is alive. I love those characters and want them to stick around for awhile.

1 hour ago, AslatIE said:

Spoilers so fuck off if you don't want them

You don't fucking suddenly change Carl's morality and kill him so Rick will change his mind about killing Negan, THAT'S WHAT YOU HAVE MORGAN FOR, THAT'S HIS PURPOSE, THAT'S WHAT YOU'VE BEEN BUILDING HIM UP TO SINCE SEASON FUCKING FIVE

CARL HAS HAD EIGHT SEASONS OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT THAT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THIS, YOU DON'T SET HIM UP FOR THE POST-ALL OUT WAR/A NEW BEGINNING STORY JUST TO KILL HIM OFF LIKE THIS

YOU DON'T HAVE HIM BUILD A RELATIONSHIP WITH NEGAN IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO KILL HIM OFF, UNLESS YOU GIVE NEGAN THE PHONE-HALLUCINATION STORY LINE

SCOTT GIMPLE, PISS OFF YOU BLOODY WANKER, YOU SAY THAT YOU DO THIS TO BRIDGE A GAP IN THE STORY WHICH THE COMIC DIDN'T DO, SO YOU TURN CARL INTO A PACIFIST IN THE COURSE OF TWO EPISODES AND MAKE HIM STOP RICK FROM KILLING NEGAN, ONLY DAYS AFTER HE KILLED A BUNCH OF PEOPLE IN THE SANCTUARY. YOU ARE A FOOL.

Rage filled rant over for now :lol: 

Negan is a nut job and I'm glad he won't get his hands on Carl anymore. he doesn't deserve the right to deal with anyone who is way better than he is. I love JDM, but I want Negan dead so badly.

I know next year, Rick and Negan will go head to head and may the best man be standing, which of course will be Rick! Then I want Lucille to be broken into a million pieces and forced down Negan's throat.

31 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I take it you are a bit bent out of shape about it all :)

Yeah :lol: Season 8 has just not been very good 

But seriously, Carl's death isn't a decision that's been made to advance the story, I'm willing to bet my nutsack that it's got to do with him turning 18 and needing a higher contract

But the writers come off as so daft, why on Earth would they build this story up for Morgan as a non killing zen as fuck pacifist, only to have him turn into Clear-Morgan just because that kid we saw for two seconds died?

Seriously, when did Morgan build that prison, Season 6? They've been setting this up since Season 6, and he just goes full John Wick for the stupidest reason.

Meanwhile Carl, who by the way escaped last season to Negan's base to track him down and kill him, was bloodthirsty, killed a bunch of men, and wanted nothing more than to end Negan's life.
Now in Season 8, probably 2 days max passed since the last episode, and he is the moral compass and the ''all life is precious'' pacifist, for no explained reason. It's just annoying how a bunch of writers can't figure simple shit like this out.

So basically, what they're trying to do is 

Spoiler

make Carl the ''alllifeisprecious'' prick, and convince Rick to eventually spare Negan's life and lock him in Morgan's prison cell instead.
If they wanted any sort of continuity in the story, this arc would've stayed with Morgan, and he would ultimately get either bitten (his death in the source material) or shot or something stupid, and have a final conversation with Rick about how life truly is precious lol.
The future of this story is the communities eventually growing and thriving, and with Rick finally following Morgan's path, because if they're going to continue being savages, the world won't be rebuilt at all.

God this season could've been perfect. With the three timelines in the first episode, showing Old Man Rick and Mercy-Rick. Morgan could've been the one to find Siddiq, and hearing the ''My mercy prevails over my wrath'' quote from him, which eventually become Morgan's final words to Rick in the midseason finale as he dies a peaceful man. Morgan's death crushes Rick, and he takes his final words to heart. Episode 15 could've then ended with Rick slicing Negan's throat, and the finale being about Dwight wielding Lucille and being the new Saviors leader, Negan breaking Rick's leg as he nearly bleeds out, and with Rick making Doctor Carson save Negan's life. That could easily be put into 15 minutes, with the second half of the episode dealing with the people's disagreement against Rick's choice to let Negan live instead. The second final scene of the episode could've then been Carl trying to kill Negan in his sleep, but Rick stops him and talks about how they shan't kill, because otherwise they won't be better than Negan. The scene ends with Negan waking up while Rick says ''nay to murder yay to life''. Negan asks Rick if he's really going to live, and Rick tells Negan that his punishment will be watching the communities regrow, and witnessing civilization being reborn, and being tortured by the fact that he almost put an end to all of it. The scene closes then with Rick telling Negan ''You're fucked.''

Final scene is basically the Old Man Rick scene, an alternate version or an extended version, that ends the season with pan outs of the different communities, with us seeing how they're all thriving. It would've been a satisfying end.

Maybe, just maybe it could've ended with some walkers whispering to each other ;) 

Edited by AslatIE

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I read it somewhere. Plus it wasn't the actor's decision to quit the show, so if they really write him off, then it can't be because of his age.

All I know is he was fired for reasons other than the actual story, we'll probably hear the full story in a few years

Well, when TWD returns on February, the whole episode will be centered on Carl and I guess him dying since he was bit and no one survives a bit like that from a walker.

I hope by the season's end, Negan is gone along with his assholes.

21 hours ago, AslatIE said:

It's AMC. I wouldn't trust them.

I think the writers did it because Chandler wants to do other things. He's only 18 and has been on the show most of his young life. Also, the writers wanted to shock all the fans. I never thought Carl would die. I thought it would be Michonne to die next.

Well it makes for good drama.

Well unfortunately nothing is guaranteed in life, so actors get hired and fired.

It sucks because it was always believed that Carl would be the future of this horrible world. Guess the writers do what they want to do and don't care how the fans feel.

I was shocked when Shane was killed off, but I guess they wanted only one male leader which turned out to be Rick.

I don't think any character is safe on any tv shows anymore.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well unfortunately nothing is guaranteed in life, so actors get hired and fired.

It sucks because it was always believed that Carl would be the future of this horrible world. Guess the writers do what they want to do and don't care how the fans feel.

I was shocked when Shane was killed off, but I guess they wanted only one male leader which turned out to be Rick.

I don't think any character is safe on any tv shows anymore.

It was money related, something AMC something something, Chandler had bought a house close to set and the showrunner promised him he'd be on for years to come.

Happy new year!! :)

21 hours ago, AslatIE said:

It was money related, something AMC something something, Chandler had bought a house close to set and the showrunner promised him he'd be on for years to come.

Happy new year!! :)

Well, if it was money related that sucks! I mean it's not like AMC doesn't make money.

I still say Carl was the one who could save humanity, but who knows which way TWD will go now? Judith is Shane's child, so now Rick has no one to carry on.

Maybe Maggie's baby will save the world? lol Who knows?

It sucks to lose Chandler. He was a great actor and a great character. I bet the show loses a lot of fans now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got my new ET magazine. Norman Reedus is on the cover.

There's a big article talking about killing off Carl and how it will effect the rest of season 8.

also showing you new characters who will be on the new Fear the Walking Dead with Lennie.

Most of the actors are talking about how shocked they were to learn that Carl was going to die. Andrew Lincoln thought chandler would be the last one standing. Oh well, what can you do?

The writers and producers don't apologize for killing off Carl. They say it's for the good of the show. Guess time will tell.

Now it's only Rick, Daryl and Carol are the last of the originals who started on the show.

I also don't think Lennie (Morgan) is happy about moving to FTWD.  He talked about it on The Talking Dead and he didn't seem all that thrilled about it. Not sure if his character will eventually meet up with the original characters from that show?

Scott Gimple is out as a showrunner! Angela Kang gets the role as the showrunner for season 9, she wrote some good episodes, so I'm interested, may skip the remainder of this season and check out season 9 lol

That doesn't mean Gimple got fired, he actually got promoted to oversee everything TWD related