The Walking Dead Season 8 Discussion

7 hours ago, AslatIE said:

Scott Gimple is out as a showrunner! Angela Kang gets the role as the showrunner for season 9, she wrote some good episodes, so I'm interested, may skip the remainder of this season and check out season 9 lol

That doesn't mean Gimple got fired, he actually got promoted to oversee everything TWD related

Okay, well Carl's death will be a major influence as to where the show goes next.  I will continue to watch it until the end.

Also I'm glad I stuck with FTWD since Morgan and new characters will be introduced this season. it's not as good as TWD and honestly I wasn't crazy about any of the people, but Madison has grown on me. This show has lost many major characters in the couple of seasons it's been on. Guess they weren't scared to kill off whoever they wanted to from the get go.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2018 at 2:15 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay, well Carl's death will be a major influence as to where the show goes next.  I will continue to watch it until the end.

Also I'm glad I stuck with FTWD since Morgan and new characters will be introduced this season. it's not as good as TWD and honestly I wasn't crazy about any of the people, but Madison has grown on me. This show has lost many major characters in the couple of seasons it's been on. Guess they weren't scared to kill off whoever they wanted to from the get go.

TWD isn't good....so?

And it's not that it's not good b/c of who has been killed off.  Look at GOT, a show that killed off almost every major character and it is a GREAT show.    

Bad acting, poor writing and general lack of vision plague TWD....FTWD, please it's terrible (admittedly I dropped it after season one but wow, terrible).  

• 4 weeks later...

The show is always best when they're on the run.

23 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I've finally reached season 8. I'm going to wait for it to finish before I start watching so I can marathon them fuckers!

I read so much hate for season 7, but I was really into it.

I didn't mind season 7 either, it's season 8 that started to make less sense.

Edited by EvanG

Well hours away from the rest of Season 8.

I read the whole episode will revolve around how Carl got bit and the aftermath.

The newspaper said have tissues handy.

also appearing on the Talking Dead will be Chandler Riggs and Greg N. It should be an interesting hour.

Also premiering tonight is Ash Vs. the Evil Dead. This show is awesome. Can't wait to watch it. I know it'll be tons of gore and plenty of laughs!

On 2/24/2018 at 4:02 PM, AslatIE said:

The problem with S7 was the pacing, I mean like when the episodes were airing, waiting a week for each character spotlight, we didn't see Rick for three weeks :lol: 

Reminds me of a certain rock band <_<

The pacing has been a problem since like....season 2

OMG! So sad. Yes I did cry. some scenes were so hard to watch.

Chandler Riggs was on The Talking Dead and he looked so cute in his new hair cut. I wish him a wonderful career. His character will definitely be missed on TWD.

The first stage of grief is anger. Here goes Rick.

Morgan was in full terminator mode last night. He was a crazy man.

3 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

didn't anyone watch the premiere episode?

Oh well.

I'm done with the show, but I did watch Carl's death on YouTube... what a fucking joke this show is, the sound design is laughably horrible.

AMC really screwed the pooch now, now with Lauren Cohan (Maggie) potentially leaving too 

Let's all hope for a reboot on HBO :D 

23 hours ago, AslatIE said:

I'm done with the show, but I did watch Carl's death on YouTube... what a fucking joke this show is, the sound design is laughably horrible.

AMC really screwed the pooch now, now with Lauren Cohan (Maggie) potentially leaving too 

Let's all hope for a reboot on HBO :D 

Yeah, I read that Lauren has another show on ABC.  This sucks because Maggie is also an important character. If they kill her and her baby that's going suck big time.

Guess time will tell. I also heard that Andy is getting tired of traveling from the UK to the US.

I don't get it. I would love being an actor on a popular show and making some big bucks. Bring your family over. I'm sure his kids can have a tutor.

Well, at this rate, losing their main characters will definitely put an end to the show.

On 27-2-2018 at 1:10 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

OMG! So sad. Yes I did cry. some scenes were so hard to watch.

Chandler Riggs was on The Talking Dead and he looked so cute in his new hair cut. I wish him a wonderful career. His character will definitely be missed on TWD.

The first stage of grief is anger. Here goes Rick.

Morgan was in full terminator mode last night. He was a crazy man.

tbh, I thought it was pretty boring. Sort of getting tired with the whole Negan angle and the lack of progression. I never cared much for Carl anyway, so I'm not too fussed about his (honestly stupid) death. 

• Like 1