The Walking Dead Season 8 Discussion

Okay, last night's episode had a reveal about Negan. Also a little insight to Jadis.

Someone I really hated got dead last night. It was a very good death.

Season finale is April 15 and the new season of Fear the Walking Dead begins right after TWD. I guess because Morgan will be crossing over to this show now. Saw the preview and it looks like FTWD will have new characters this season too.

I was bored to death by the most recent episode.

One of the most pointless episodes in the show yet, might as well have been one of those flashback episodes.

I'm not fond of D/D's different version of Georges material for the later seasons of Game of Thrones, but at least in Game of Thrones you get plot advancement. It's not quite last few seasons of Dexter level bad yet, but it's getting there.

The Jadis/Negan thing was terrible. Why did they play sappy music in the background during those scenes?

JDM was on Jimmy Kimmel last night promoting Rampage.

He and his wife just had a baby girl and her name is George Virginia Morgan.  They named her after an episode of Bonanza where there was a woman character named George.

Anyway, he said cool things about working with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

I read in ET magazine that the war with Negan and the Saviors will be ending in the season finale. Didn't say how, but it definitely will end. I'm glad because I do love JDM, but I'm so over this storyline.

Well, it's the final countdown now to the end of the war.

Fear the Walking Dead starts it's 4th season right after TWD. We will see Morgan crossing on to the other show.

Yeah, the whole two men enter one man leaves fight was pretty cool. I was hoping for a minute the other guy would have been killed but I guess we all know now he can fight.

Daryl and Rosita screwing up again. WTF?

I really really hate Eugene now more than ever. I want him dead. He's a real traitor and a selfish prick. I don't want him back with Rick and Company.

Michone reading the letter to Negan, oh please did anyone really think he would comply with Carl's request? it's too late for that now. It's kill or be killed time now.

14 hours ago, jamillos said:

Btw, Steven Ogg must be having the time of his life. First Trevor in GTA V and then smoothly right to TWD. And yet, I’d never heard of him before 2015. 

Yeah, me either. Never saw him in any tv shows or movies, but who knows?

Next week is TWD season finale. then Morgan will go over to Fear the Walking Dead. Many cool guests on The Talking Dead right after. Andrew Lincoln is making a rare appearance.

I'm glad the war is ending. It was too long and I really want Eugene dead.  He's a traitor in every sense of the word.

yeah, Rick reading Carl's letter and talking about his childhood before this whole zombie mess was bittersweet, but Carl really should know that Negan and Rick would not come to terms and give peace a chance. Too late for that! One of them has to go!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

but Carl really should know that Negan and Rick would not come to terms and give peace a chance. Too late for that! One of them has to go!

Weeeeell they've been building this up the whole season, if one of them dies now next episode, the whole season would've gone to waste, and Carl's death would've been for nothing.

Plus they already gave us a villain death, Simon, which could have been done much better imo, so we have that ''pay-off''.

5 hours ago, EvanG said:

No more talk...

Everyone that watches the show knows talk won't finish this war.

I know Carl was young and wanted a better world, but come on after everything Rick and company have been through, it's already too late for peace and a better world. The dead out number the living, and since everyone will become a walker once you die eventually the whole world will be walkers.

I was watching The Talking Dead and in TWD's time, it's only been about a month or so since Negan killed Glen and Abraham so to them Negan's terror is still fresh for them.

We knew from the beginning of this story arc that it had to come to war. it always comes to war.

I'm ready to move on to another storyline now.

I don't care is Negan dies or goes into exile, I just want him gone.

Maybe the writers will give Rick and company some quiet time for a bit.

7 hours ago, AslatIE said:

Weeeeell they've been building this up the whole season, if one of them dies now next episode, the whole season would've gone to waste, and Carl's death would've been for nothing.

Plus they already gave us a villain death, Simon, which could have been done much better imo, so we have that ''pay-off''.

After seeing how vicious Negan can be hand to hand, his death is a must! Yeah, Simon sucked too, but come on! I am Negan shit has to go. Also I want Eugene dead too.

Saw a preview to the new season of Fear the Walking Dead and it actually looks like it'll be the best season. Adding Morgan to the mix seems like a good addition.

Many new faces on this season and I think that's just what this show needs. I never liked when they would add new faces to TWD, but I think Fear needs new people to add new storylines and more action.

New season begins on Sunday right after TWD finale. bye bye Negan and the saviors.

I'm willing to bet my life on if Fear was doing really well prior to the crossover bullshit, Carl would've lived. Honestly, Morgan shouldn't be here now. His character arc was to save Rick in the beginning, turn into a crazy killer, turn into a pacifist and save Rick from turning into what he became, ala Carl.

It makes a lot more sense to have Morgan, who's built up this long story of all life is precious, be the messenger who tells Rick to stop killing. Need I remind Carl went to the Sanctuary last season, killed a bunch of guys and was out for blood and guts? In story time that was just a week ago or so, give or take. It made no sense to have Carl suddenly turn into a peace bringing life saving pacifist without any build up. If they absolutely needed a character to die for this war to end in peace, it should've been Morgan! He fit perfect. And I'm a 100% okay with him killing because it's like a drug addict relapsing. He's obviously not stable. Just imagine, the battle at Hilltop (which should've been the last one, but they rushed it for some reason), with the Saviors shooting the good guys with the infected arrows. It would've been perfect to have Morgan shot by one of those arrows, get sick and have this final 10-minute conversation with Rick. It could've been the best moment in the show, but NOPE, let's kill fucking Carl  instead, because we need Morgan for the crossover! MONEY MONEY MONEY MOTHERFUCKERS!

They could've killed Morgan, saved that money and have fucking Abraham instead for the spin-off. That way, they wouldn't have had to make a 3-year timeskip in Fear just for the story to make sense.

Oh and why do the writers get such a throbbing boner on fucking the show up? Shooting Tara with a clean arrow, *ZzZZ* who fucking cares, everybody hates Tara anyway and was hoping she would die. The stress element of waiting to see if Tara would get sick or not was also just completely taken out. Why couldn't Rick take that role? Why is there another battle coming?

Next week's episode is going to be a clusterfuck. Mark my words. There's not enough room for all the story that should've already happened. They stall the whole season with nothing and then try to cram everything into one episode.

Spoiler

There's just not enough room to have Rick get ''infected'', to have a whole battle to take place, to have Rick's and Negan's final dialogue, to include a reason why Morgan fucks off into Fear, to let Negan live and end the war in any way. They might even kill Negan, that's how fucking dumb AMC is.

This show really went downhill after the season 6 finale cliffhanger..

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, AslatIE said:

I'm calling it you sons of bitches

Well, that just sucks! Is Negan going to go away quietly? I guess since this character played by JDM is so popular, the writers want to keep it open ended.

I know Lennie didn't seem too happy about going over to Fear, but at least his character lives and he has a job. I'm curious as to what will happen to Maggie, since Laura hasn't signed up for the new season, but that doesn't film until August, so she has time. I say replace her. I'm sick and tired of actors leaving a show and then they kill off their character. Give some other actors a chance to shine.

It all goes down to what the powers that be on TWD want in the end and they don't give a damn what the fans think. They say they do, but they don't.

From the previews I've seen of the new season of Fear, I think it will be a good season. I'm not committed to these characters like I was with TWD, so I don't get as annoyed with this show. lol

I do like Victor and now Morgan, but Nick should have been dead a long time ago too. Madison finally grew a pair and is like Shane now, so she's cool, but some of the other characters I just didn't care about at all.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, AslatIE said:

I'm calling it you sons of bitches

Well, if this happens, listen closely because the screams and curses you will hear will be mine!

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, AslatIE said:

I'm willing to bet my life on if Fear was doing really well prior to the crossover bullshit, Carl would've lived. Honestly, Morgan shouldn't be here now. His character arc was to save Rick in the beginning, turn into a crazy killer, turn into a pacifist and save Rick from turning into what he became, ala Carl.

It makes a lot more sense to have Morgan, who's built up this long story of all life is precious, be the messenger who tells Rick to stop killing. Need I remind Carl went to the Sanctuary last season, killed a bunch of guys and was out for blood and guts? In story time that was just a week ago or so, give or take. It made no sense to have Carl suddenly turn into a peace bringing life saving pacifist without any build up. If they absolutely needed a character to die for this war to end in peace, it should've been Morgan! He fit perfect. And I'm a 100% okay with him killing because it's like a drug addict relapsing. He's obviously not stable. Just imagine, the battle at Hilltop (which should've been the last one, but they rushed it for some reason), with the Saviors shooting the good guys with the infected arrows. It would've been perfect to have Morgan shot by one of those arrows, get sick and have this final 10-minute conversation with Rick. It could've been the best moment in the show, but NOPE, let's kill fucking Carl  instead, because we need Morgan for the crossover! MONEY MONEY MONEY MOTHERFUCKERS!

They could've killed Morgan, saved that money and have fucking Abraham instead for the spin-off. That way, they wouldn't have had to make a 3-year timeskip in Fear just for the story to make sense.

Oh and why do the writers get such a throbbing boner on fucking the show up? Shooting Tara with a clean arrow, *ZzZZ* who fucking cares, everybody hates Tara anyway and was hoping she would die. The stress element of waiting to see if Tara would get sick or not was also just completely taken out. Why couldn't Rick take that role? Why is there another battle coming?

Next week's episode is going to be a clusterfuck. Mark my words. There's not enough room for all the story that should've already happened. They stall the whole season with nothing and then try to cram everything into one episode.

Reveal hidden contents

There's just not enough room to have Rick get ''infected'', to have a whole battle to take place, to have Rick's and Negan's final dialogue, to include a reason why Morgan fucks off into Fear, to let Negan live and end the war in any way. They might even kill Negan, that's how fucking dumb AMC is.

This show really went downhill after the season 6 finale cliffhanger..

Well, Morgan is losing his shit these days, so he's not about to tell Rick to make peace. I think he just wants to kill everybody and get the fuck out of there. lol

Like I said when it was announced Lennie was interviewed on the Talking Dead and he didn't seem happy about going, but then again, sometimes you don't have a say in your career if you want a job. I met Lennie at a Fax Expo and he seems very laid back kind of guy. I hope he has a successful career. I've seen him in many tv shows and he always rocks it. He was in the tv show, Jericho. The show was something like TWD only without the walkers, but dangerous humans.

The Walking Dead is not asoiaf, it should have departed from the source material there

There's no way they're getting to do season 12 with Neegan.

The show needs to head towards an endgame and give people an ending, before they get canceled like Jericho itself.

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:33 AM, AslatIE said:

I fucking called it

Yes you did!

Well, for the most part I was happy with the finale.

Not liking how some people are plotting against Rick.

I don't understand why that there might be a chance for peace and a better life, some people have to fuck it up.

That horde of walkers are coming their way, so they better prepare for it.

I actually like Morgan's crossing over to FTWD. I can't wait for him to meet Madison. Adding some new characters will put new life into this show.

Honestly, with Rick, Jesus and Carol coming and bugging Morgan, I'm not surprised he ran. I would have too! lol

I heard that Negan didn't die in the comics either. I guess sometimes the writers follow the comics and sometimes they don't.

Since Daryl is not in the comics, all bets are off as to whether he dies anytime in the near future.

Like I said, there's a chance for the survivors to make a change for the better, but there always seems to be some people who want to fuck it up!

My loyalty is with Rick, so whoever tries to make a move towards them, might just be the next to go!

9 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I've yet to see anything from season 8, but reading that Maggie & Daryl are turning on Rick bums me out.

Not sure how interested I'd be in seeing that.

Yeah, I don't like this either.

If it comes down to Rick and Michonne against Daryl, Jesus and Maggie, my money's on Rick and I wouldn't be surprised if Negan helps Rick out. He might be down, but I wouldn't count Negan totally out.