The Walking Dead Season 8 Discussion

Yeah, I know with TWD by the time Rick woke up, the world was pretty much done.

On Fear, it started with the very beginning. I'm not sure what year any of the shows are supposed to be.

on TTD, Chris Hardwick said the year was maybe 2012 for both shows.

I guess since one was east coast and the other west coast, they could have started the same year, but who the hell knows?

There is a new group on FTWD called The Vultures. You know they are going to be trouble. Mel the head looks like a regular guy, but it's the way he talks to you, you know he's creepy.

This group isn't over aggressive, but still very dangerous. I'm annoyed already.lol

Can't wait for Morgan to meet Madison.

• 1 month later...

Should have departed from comics years ago. Just a shame Rick couldn't have been a twist, now we now it's coming.

I just can't see the point of the show though without Rick. The show shouldn't have been paced as something that'd go on forever. 

Reminds me of shows like Dexter and Smallville.

Next season will be the last one for Andrew Lincoln (Rick). Wonder how his storyline will end?

5 hours ago, EvanG said:

Well, he was becoming a bore anyway... just like the show.

If Daryl is going to be the new leading man we can get ready for a muted show. 

lol Yeah, maybe Negan will become the leader again. With Daryl, Jesus and Maggie turning against Rick and michonne, I don't want any of them to become the leader. I think without Rick Grimes, it won't be long before the show comes to an end.

23 hours ago, AslatIE said:

This story started with Rick, and should end with him.

Yeah, but it's not. Norman Reedus was offered tons of money to be the lead actor after Andrew Lincoln is gone.

I think I may just give up watching TWD. I like Daryl, but after the season finale with him, Jesus and Maggie, I'm not liking with it's going to go. I'm hoping Negan goes in together with Rick and Michonne.

I know that every actor who signs with the show knows their character might die during the show's seasons, so I guess that's what will happen to Rick. I think if Rick does die, it will bother me a lot.

Guess we will see how Rick's meets his end and how the show does without him.

I know that FTWD has gotten so much better this season. I'm glad for that.

Just now, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, but it's not. Norman Reedus was offered tons of money to be the lead actor after Andrew Lincoln is gone.

I think I may just give up watching TWD. I like Daryl, but after the season finale with him, Jesus and Maggie, I'm not liking with it's going to go. I'm hoping Negan goes in together with Rick and Michonne.

I know that every actor who signs with the show knows their character might die during the show's seasons, so I guess that's what will happen to Rick. I think if Rick does die, it will bother me a lot.

Guess we will see how Rick's meets his end and how the show does without him.

I know that FTWD has gotten so much better this season. I'm glad for that.

The story is his, no question about that. It's just AMC being AMC. Carl's death, Rick's death, Morgan leaving and Maggie's death, none of that is for story purposes, and with the network being greedy assholes, more people will eventually leave. I bet the show's final season might only have one or none original characters.

2 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

The story is his, no question about that. It's just AMC being AMC. Carl's death, Rick's death, Morgan leaving and Maggie's death, none of that is for story purposes, and with the network being greedy assholes, more people will eventually leave. I bet the show's final season might only have one or none original characters.

Wait Maggie is dying too? I know she did sign on for the new season. Oh well that sucks. Why make her pregnant if she will die.

yeah, it's always about money for any tv show and their network.

you know even ABC firing Roseanne Barr was partly based on money too. But she was wrong in what she tweeted. But yeah money talks.

She's only in it for several episodes.

As for the pregnancy, her character got pregnant 3 years ago. They probably filmed those scenes 4 years, she and they probably figured the show would have been canceled by now.

The show writers justification is that it took place over a short period of time, really though it's just bad writing.

It's my understanding that Andrew Lincoln wanted to be home more frequently and had been talking about leaving the show for awhile due to that.

Either way, without Rick leading the pack, my interest in TWD is gone. It's always been Rick's story. Right or wrong he's always done what was best for his family, and that's what I dig about it.

Daryl is anti-social, and a secondary character. I cannot see him leading the group.

• Like 1

I can't even put into words how my love for the show has been in decline for a few years now. Negan showing up definitely helped put a fire back in the show for me but it fizzled kinda quick.

I haven't watched the show in its opening time slot for a long time, just record it and watch it later.

OFF Topic : What moment for you guys did the show officially "jump the shark'?

11 hours ago, Destiny said:

OFF Topic : What moment for you guys did the show officially "jump the shark'?

For me it was when Glen was quite clearly eaten by a zombie, but still showed up a few episodes later alive just to be killed off anyway. Before that it was still salvageable despite all the tedious Flashback episodes where nothing happens.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:33 PM, F*ck Fear said:

It's my understanding that Andrew Lincoln wanted to be home more frequently and had been talking about leaving the show for awhile due to that.

Either way, without Rick leading the pack, my interest in TWD is gone. It's always been Rick's story. Right or wrong he's always done what was best for his family, and that's what I dig about it.

Daryl is anti-social, and a secondary character. I cannot see him leading the group.

Yeah, since Andy's family is in the UK, I would imagine he missed them a lot. Honestly, the role of Rick is major and I would just have moved my family to Atlanta while I filmed. I doubt Andy will ever get another role as big as Rick. The only way I would leave a show is if they killed my character off otherwise I'm there for good. lol

Yeah, I agree, I think since the Walking Dead started with Rick waking up, it should end with Rick dying and the other characters just go on, but we don't have to see it.

He will be very missed on this show. That will just leave Judith and she might not even be Rick's daughter after all. The whole Grimes family will be gone.

Daryl will soon be hated by all especially the fans and his character might be the next to go.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

For me it was when Glen was quite clearly eaten by a zombie, but still showed up a few episodes later alive just to be killed off anyway. Before that it was still salvageable despite all the tedious Flashback episodes where nothing happens.

That's a good one. I never really cared much for Glen unlike alot of people in the fan community, so it didn't matter to me if he died then. But I had an inkling he wasn't gone for good either simply because he wasn't given the usual epic death scene. And I figured they were gonna follow in the comics footsteps at least with him.