The Walking Dead Season 8 Discussion

32 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay, refresh my memory how did this season end? lol

I watch so many damn shows I can't remember them all.

Thanks.

Negan beating Abe from a first person perspective, and the screen turned black and credits rolled.

Stupid gimmicks like Glenn's fake death, Carl's bite/death and this really fucked the show in the ass.

It's also retarded how they choose to make every important event happen in the premiere, midseason finale/premiere and season finale. You could only watch those four episodes and you wouldn't miss anything.

Cutting seasons in half also messes a lot with the flow. If the season went for 16 weeks straight, with important stuff sprinkled throughout each episode, instead of four main episodes, it would be a lot better.

Anyhow, looks like TWD's fubar, with pretty much everyone leaving. At least we have Fear.

Not sure if this is true or not, but I read online that Abe and Shane will be back for the new season. probably in flashbacks, but who really knows?

I would love to see Shane back, Jon B, maybe as a twin or another character. Many shows do this now. I met Jon B at a Texas Frightmare convention. The guy was so cool. He stayed until close to 9 signing autographs and taking pictures with fans and even missed a flight to Las Vegas to see a fight. This guy is one of the best!

22 hours ago, AslatIE said:

Negan beating Abe from a first person perspective, and the screen turned black and credits rolled.

Stupid gimmicks like Glenn's fake death, Carl's bite/death and this really fucked the show in the ass.

It's also retarded how they choose to make every important event happen in the premiere, midseason finale/premiere and season finale. You could only watch those four episodes and you wouldn't miss anything.

Cutting seasons in half also messes a lot with the flow. If the season went for 16 weeks straight, with important stuff sprinkled throughout each episode, instead of four main episodes, it would be a lot better.

Anyhow, looks like TWD's fubar, with pretty much everyone leaving. At least we have Fear.

Yeah, Carl should never have died. Now if Andy (Rick) leaves who will be the chosen one? Killing off major characters sucks.

I think after a season or maybe two more and TWD will be done.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 2:27 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Not sure if this is true or not, but I read online that Abe and Shane will be back for the new season. probably in flashbacks, but who really knows?

I would love to see Shane back, Jon B, maybe as a twin or another character. Many shows do this now. I met Jon B at a Texas Frightmare convention. The guy was so cool. He stayed until close to 9 signing autographs and taking pictures with fans and even missed a flight to Las Vegas to see a fight. This guy is one of the best!

Yeah, Carl should never have died. Now if Andy (Rick) leaves who will be the chosen one? Killing off major characters sucks.

I think after a season or maybe two more and TWD will be done.

Andy is leaving. but who knows how Rick will go out

On 6/20/2018 at 4:21 PM, AslatIE said:

Yeah that was a bit of an insult, killing the camera man as everyone was saying.

It also bugged the hell out of me why they brought back Morales and then killed him the very next episode.

Its been one ride watching this show from Day One, but the tumor has been slow growing. Those first few seasons though still bring back memories. And I'll always love Rick and Morgans moments.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if the writers knew who Negan was going to kill, but who knows?

When I saw the final episode and realized how Abramham stood up, I knew he was one who was going. I think the writers knew they would kill off Glenn for sure.

In the finale episode of this last season, Negan admitted he knew all along who he was going to kill.  Whatever. it just seems like both shows are killing all their core characters and I think this will be the downfall for both shows.

Now that Chris Hardwick's career is fucked by accusations from his former g/f, I guess either The Talking Dead is gone too or they will get a new host. That show was very cool, so I hope it does continue.

I also wish and hope that Chris didn't do what his ex says. I really thought he was a cool guy. Guess time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

I read that Andy Lincoln has finished filming his TWD scenes and is back in the UK.

I guess that means Rick won't be around for the second half of the new season which usually begins around February.

I wonder how Rick will go?

I bet whatever happens, Daryl becomes the most hated character since Negan.

Guess we'll find out in NOvember. I really hope whatever happens to Rick, TWD is able to keep it a secret until the episode is on tv.

Holy shit. If Rick’s final season is season 9 – and he’s only supposed to be there for several episodes, like Maggie – then this is it. There is no way the show could or should have the same ratings without Rick. This is bullshit. 
Damn it. 

• Like 1

I know but Andrew wanted to go back to his family in the UK. I don't understand actors? If they have a great and steady job, then why do you want to leave?

Maggie is leaving too? Oh boy, then maybe her plan to get even with Rick gets screwed up and she dies too?

If Daryl goes bad, I don't know how long I will continue to watch this show. I think it might be coming to an end soon anyway. Losing all the main characters is tough on a show. Maybe some of the characters will head over to Fear once TWD ends. Meet up with Morgan again. Fear has lost a lot of their main characters too.

They should eventually combine the two shows.

On 7/10/2018 at 5:20 AM, jamillos said:

Holy shit. If Rick’s final season is season 9 – and he’s only supposed to be there for several episodes, like Maggie – then this is it. There is no way the show could or should have the same ratings without Rick. This is bullshit. 
Damn it. 

The same ratings?  You do realize that the ratings for TWD have been in a downward spiral since its peak in Season 5.  In fact, season 8 had 1/2 the viewers that season 5 did.  So, there is no blaming off a drop in ratings on Rick or anyone else leaving.  This show's flaws are no longer acceptable to the viewing populace.  

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

The same ratings?  You do realize that the ratings for TWD have been in a downward spiral since its peak in Season 5.  In fact, season 8 had 1/2 the viewers that season 5 did.  So, there is no blaming off a drop in ratings on Rick or anyone else leaving.  This show's flaws are no longer acceptable to the viewing populace.  

Possibly, however this is a special breaking point anyway, at least for me. Rick is the head honcho, the man, the Axl of TWD. And with others disappearing (what will happen with Michonne, will she go too?), it suddenly doesn’t look good at all.

13 hours ago, jamillos said:

Possibly, however this is a special breaking point anyway, at least for me. Rick is the head honcho, the man, the Axl of TWD. And with others disappearing (what will happen with Michonne, will she go too?), it suddenly doesn’t look good at all.

Yah you totally missed the point lol.  

Well, Michonne did star in Black Panther, so I guess she was away for most of the season.

although Black Panther was filmed in Tyler Perry's studio which is in Atlanta too.

Maybe she's thinking of leaving the show too. I can't see Michonne staying on if Rick is killed especially by Daryl or Maggie or Jesus, who I want dead now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still haven't finished season 8. I've got 4 or 5 episodes to watch, but with the news of Rick leaving, I haven't been interested.

Fear on the other hand has been pretty great. Season 3 was pretty good, and I'll be binge watching season 4 over the coming weekend!

Well, if they don't kill right outright, maybe he is just too depressed by everything to stay and goes out on his own leaving it open ended? Guess we will know in due time.

I really don't want Rick to die especially by walkers since he's been here from the very beginning, but who knows?

I think TWD won't be on for much longer anyway. How much more can you write? Eventually, the world will be overrun with the dead and there won't be anywhere to hide.

Besides I don't think anyone will be able to stand each other for much longer. lol

• 1 month later...

The new season of the Walking Dead begins next Sunday, October 7.

Saw a preview on The Talking Dead and it looked intense.

I'm going to hate it when Rick goes. I don't care much about Maggie going at all. Not liking her anymore.

It seems that no matter what humans do to try to do right, there's always others who want to do more harm than good. This time it seems it will be Rick's own friends.

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

So he says it’s cause of the family. He’s British, filming in America.

It's true Andrew has small children and thinks it's time to be with them and his wife. Can't blame him for that. He is a dad and husband first and foremost. I wish him well.

Saw a preview and it seems that some people are still hoping the Saviors can make a comeback.

Some want Negan to suffer and others still want him as their leader. Seems to make sense to me.

Also there will be some new groups of people this season. Some good and some not so good. What else is new?

• Like 1

Indeed it seems like the dialogue has improved thats for sure, so that is somewhat hopeful

However the writing still sucks, run away because there are too many walkers, guy runs back to save a horse, gets kicked by the damn horse and they decide to kill those walkers anyway, makes absolutely no sense :lol: