British Politics

Gracii Guns

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

This is just the beginning of the end. After January 31 starts at least a year of negotiations with the EU. Probably more than one year. 

Irrespective of the future relations, Brexit, i.e., Britain's withdrawal from the European Union, will literally be done. If Boris negotiates a liberal trade deal, or if we go out on no deal in eleven months' time, Brexit will still be done. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Utter wankstains.

I'm presuming from this that he's a Corbyn kiddie?  Or rather they are Corbyn kiddies.  I'm not sure about either of their politics but if someone like Coogan is a Corbyn kiddie do you not think there's something admirable about a rich fucker wanting to vote for someone whoose more than like gonna tax fuckin' shit out of him?  Thats putting your money where your mouth is a bit don't you think, possibly?

I quite like the way Mick Jagger talks about Brexit, very slick, very non-commital, never really giving much away.  'Its a complex issue', yeah, cheers Mick :lol:

11 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm presuming from this that he's a Corbyn kiddie?  Or rather they are Corbyn kiddies.  I'm not sure about either of their politics but if someone like Coogan is a Corbyn kiddie do you not think there's something admirable about a rich fucker wanting to vote for someone whoose more than like gonna tax fuckin' shit out of him?  Thats putting your money where your mouth is a bit don't you think, possibly?

I quite like the way Mick Jagger talks about Brexit, very slick, very non-commital, never really giving much away.  'Its a complex issue', yeah, cheers Mick :lol:

More a patronising centrist.

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

What idiocy is this? When we have left the European Union, Brexit is - quite literally done!

What i meant cue ball is in the sense that an appointment to have your leg amputated is the date your leg is gone but the physio resulting from it learning to get around etc will take a lot longer.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, soon said:

Its his darling Priti. Hard to recognize her when shes smiling. Joy looks scary on her - I prefer the Darth Vader Priti. :lol:

It is Priti enjoying a full English with some massive sausages, in delight having destroyed both Corbynism and Remainism. If that is not a turn-on, I don't know what is...?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

What i meant cue ball is in the sense that an appointment to have your leg amputated is the date your leg is gone but the physio resulting from it learning to get around etc will take a lot longer.

If the withdrawal agreement is passed on the 31st January 2020, then the transitional period will last until the 31st December 2020. 

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is Priti enjoying a full English with some massive sausages, in delight having destroyed both Corbynism and Remainism. If that is not a turn-on, I don't know what is...?

Hot chicks eating breakfast is sexy. On that we agree. :robin:

Corbynism, in the sense that the conversation has successfully been pushed to the left, is here to stay. :axl92:

1 minute ago, soon said:

Hot chicks eating breakfast is sexy. On that we agree. :robin:

Corbynism, in the sense that the conversation has successfully been pushed to the left, is here to stay. :axl92:

There will be a civil war in the Labour party between Corbynites/Momentum and the Blairites. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There will be a civil war in the Labour party between Corbynites/Momentum and the Blairites. 

Can you help me understand this, please? For one thing, Blair?!? Even the Muricans have the good sense to leave Dubya to the dust bin of history. Iraq was a lie. 

The national conversation is forever shifted left though, thanks to Corbyn.

1 minute ago, soon said:

Can you help me understand this, please? For one thing, Blair?!? Even the Muricans have the good sense to leave Dubya to the dust bin of history. Iraq was a lie. 

Well I am using Blair in the sense of Blairism, the specific ideology espoused by the right-wing of Labour. I am not suggesting that Tony Blair will do a comeback tour - although that wouldn't shock me. 

• Thanks 1

SOON!!!

Senior backbencher Lisa Nandy, who would be one of the candidates to get the backing of Unite, refused to rule out standing for the top job. “To be really honest, I don’t know what I’m going to do next,” she said.

Senior backbencher Lisa Nandy refused to rule out standing for the top job

“If anybody thinks they have all the answers they haven’t learnt anything from last night”.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/battle-labour-leadership-begun-after-21093958

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/14/woman-likely-to-lead-labour-jostling-to-succeed-jeremy-corbyn-begins

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I hope Jess Phillips gets it. 

Seen her perform poorly in interviews but she seems to be one of the better candidates. If Thornberry gets it, Labour are finished. 

Shamed to say I laughed at this on twitter, amidst speculation on which party Chuka will join next,

ELq18QRW4AAjvcc?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

I think Blair gets a bad rap in a lot of cases. Iraq was a terrible mistake but domestically his policies did a lot of good. Ups and downs like any government and the financial crisis put an end to Labour but it wasn’t all dreadful. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premiership_of_Tony_Blair

• GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I think Blair gets a bad rap in a lot of cases. Iraq was a terrible mistake but domestically his policies did a lot of good. Ups and downs like any government and the financial crisis put an end to Labour but it wasn’t all dreadful. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premiership_of_Tony_Blair

If Blair had his way we would have joined the Eurozone!!