British Politics

Gracii Guns

This shit's really depressing. The Torries are winning the next election now, short of (maybe even if) brexit goes disastrously. Chuka has done more of a hit job on Labour than any tabloid story, just because he realized his leadership ambition is a no go. It's Michael Govian. A smug out of touche type, that does more harm to remain than good when he's on tv.

A centrist Labour party that believe's in bombing other countries with the Torries economic policies. It might get more seats than the Lib Dems, via mps in safe seats, but they'll only help the Torries by spilting the vote. I know Corbyn is unpopular, but the polling from more reliable pollsters ect. seemed to suggest Labour would probably pick up more wins than losses. It's almost over now.

Mcarthyism being normalized and people putting their careers first has fucked things over.

3 last things;

1. Angela Smith is in a marginal seat, she's lossing the next time there's a vote.

2. I'm sympathetic towards people having cunts say bad things towards them, but I think criticism everytime Israel kills people as being antisemtic is riddiolous.

3. Corbyn has failed, but it's people like Chuka that lost remain.

Edited by AtariLegend

On the Tory defectors;

Soubry is in a ultra marginal seat, she's almost a guranteed gonner at the next election. Nothing for her to lose. Allen in a safe-ish Tory seat, but will they back her no matter what? Sarah Wollaston is in a very safe Tory seat.

Wollaston seemed actually respectful when I've seen her in interviews, but all 3 have voted for horrible things and Tory policies. Curious on what their new party will actually stand for.

13 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

On the Tory defectors;

Soubry is in a ultra marginal seat, she's almost a guranteed gonner at the next election. Nothing for her to lose. Allen in a safe-ish Tory seat, but will they back her no matter what? Sarah Wollaston is in a very safe Tory seat.

Wollaston seemed actually respectful when I've seen her in interviews, but all 3 have voted for horrible things and Tory policies. Curious on what their new party will actually stand for.

I just read about. If they leave the Tories I'm not sure they are safe for a reelection. Is this the year of the independent group? :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, Padme said:

I just read about. If they leave the Tories I'm not sure they are safe for a reelection. Is this the year of the independent group? :rolleyes:

Angela Smith had to reasure her local voters that Corbyn wouldn't become PM and she oppossed labour polices inorder to get them to vote for her at the last election. According to her.

She almost lost a Labour seat that had voted Labour since the 1920's with the exception of once in the 30's. Unlike most other seats, the Tories percentage vote in her area increased alot more than the Labour vote.

I mean you can't not read anything into that. Then she talks about left wing intellectuals and tries to bury everything about the party she was elected with.

There is no chance someone like her is re-elected, but when they become a party and split the vote she's going to help a Tories get back into power.

Edited by AtariLegend

On 19/02/2019 at 1:03 PM, username said:

For all of you who've been keeping track of the whole Brexit thing, I have a practical question. 

I'll be in Scotland in late May/early June with a group of whisky friends. We used to take quite a few bottles of Scotch back with us on the plane back to The Netherlands. Let's say between 1 and 8 per person. Which was always fine as long as we kept the weight of our suitcases in check. As long as there was a nice duty paid sticker on them we never had a problem and never had to declare anything at customs. 

Would certain Brexit scenarios (no deal?) impact the amount of bottles we're allowed to bring back with us and/or the duty we'll have to pay on th?

Hang in there, hopefully we'll become an independent EU nation and it'll all be fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Angela Smith had to reasure her local voters that Corbyn wouldn't become PM and she oppossed labour polices inorder to get them to vote for her at the last election. According to her.

She almost lost a Labour seat that had voted Labour since the 1920's with the exception of once in the 30's. Unlike most other seats, the Tories percentage vote in her area increased alot more than the Labour vote.

I mean you can't not read anything into that. Then she talks about left wing intellectuals and tries to bury everything about the party she was elected with.

There is no chance someone like her is re-elected, but when they become a party and split the vote she's going to help a Tories get back into power.

When you have a big political party behind you a lot of thing are easy to accomplish. The Tories will come up with another candidate of their own. We'll see if someone running independent can win against the Tory party machine. Same with Labour and the new independent group

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

Hang in there, hopefully we'll become an independent EU nation and it'll all be fine.

Scotland can be an independent country. But that doesn't make them EU members. They need to follow all the necessary steps to be members. It's not something that can be done in a couple of days

49 minutes ago, Padme said:

When you have a big political party behind you a lot of thing are easy to accomplish. The Tories will come up with another candidate of their own. We'll see if someone running independent can win against the Tory party machine. Same with Labour and the new independent group

Scotland can be an independent country. But that doesn't make them EU members. They need to follow all the necessary steps to be members. It's not something that can be done in a couple of days

And username needs his god damn whisky.

• Like 1

On 19/02/2019 at 1:03 PM, username said:

For all of you who've been keeping track of the whole Brexit thing, I have a practical question. 

I'll be in Scotland in late May/early June with a group of whisky friends. We used to take quite a few bottles of Scotch back with us on the plane back to The Netherlands. Let's say between 1 and 8 per person. Which was always fine as long as we kept the weight of our suitcases in check. As long as there was a nice duty paid sticker on them we never had a problem and never had to declare anything at customs. 

Would certain Brexit scenarios (no deal?) impact the amount of bottles we're allowed to bring back with us and/or the duty we'll have to pay on th?

Just jettison all your clothes etc wrap the bottles in a towl and chuck em in the fucking suitcase no one is gonna search a Dutchman going back into Holland. It's the other way round when they get a bit nosey.

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

Just jettison all your clothes etc wrap the bottles in a towl and chuck em in the fucking suitcase no one is gonna search a Dutchman going back into Holland. It's the other way round when they get a bit nosey.

That sounds like business as usual, except we'd do it to keep them from breaking. :lol: 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

She can turn me into a remainer. 

Got to admit I do have a bit of a thing for Conservative women. Julia Hartley-Brewer is a bit of a sort. She's completely mental but I do like her breakfast show on Talk Radio. 

Wasn't it Voltaire that once said "I disapprove of what you say, but I will wank myself silly for hours over them dirty pillows until I couldn't give a shit about partisan politics anymore"? :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Got to admit I do have a bit of a thing for Conservative women. Julia Hartley-Brewer is a bit of a sort. She's completely mental but I do like her breakfast show on Talk Radio. 

Wasn't it Voltaire that once said "I disapprove of what you say, but I will wank myself silly for hours over them dirty pillows until I couldn't give a shit about partisan politics anymore"? :lol: 

That is the Viz version I believe.

Priti Patel is another one. Total right wing nutter even by Tory standards but a real looker. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

A bit ''English church mousey'' perhaps but Liz Truss isn't bad either, especially when she wears a nice dress,

liz-trusssecretary-of-state-for-the-envi

Your stretching it a bit now. Heidi is a looker though I'll give you that. Sort of like a mixture of Catherine Zeta Jones and Del Boys missus Raquel.