British Politics

Gracii Guns

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The first two still exist but they exist in the sort of posh villagey type areas that would probably be anathema to you.  And their prices would put you off. 

My village isn't posh but we do have a P.O, butchers, bakers/sandwich shop and chemist. We don't have a candlestick maker instead we have a picture framers (which has always struck me as odd but they've been there for decades despite the fact I've never seen anyone go in) :lol:

I suppose there are some expensive houses dotted about but it's also on the edge of a largish council estate so we all mingle into one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alfierose said:

My village isn't posh but we do have a P.O, butchers, bakers/sandwich shop and chemist. We don't have a candlestick maker instead we have a picture framers (which has always struck me as odd but they've been there for decades despite the fact I've never seen anyone go in) :lol:

I suppose there are some expensive houses dotted about but it's also on the edge of a largish council estate so we all mingle into one.

Those kinda places are great, you can get a wonderful education in places like that that you don’t know you’re getting until you get older and see how the rest of the world works, there’s something good about that, the overlap, a lot of places in England are like that because we’re such a small place, you can drive like...2 miles or less out from a shithole and find yourself in tax accountant land.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

But then you like Julia Hartley Brewer and she eats remainers for breakfast.

I’ll admit I think she’s great. Don’t agree with much she says but I do listen to her radio show on the way to work every morning. :lol: 

50 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I’ll admit I think she’s great. Don’t agree with much she says but I do listen to her radio show on the way to work every morning. :lol: 

I like her too. Don't always agree with her but I like listening to her. She puts up with no shit. :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dazey said:

I've just realised that Graham Brady is my local MP. :lol: An arch Brexiteer in a constituency that voted 60/40 to remain. :lol: 

He's also head of the 1922 committe. One of the ones that run the party.

According to that petition *see previous page link*, it's pretty unlikely that your area would vote leave again. In fact by Daily Mail logic, you like Len are one of the millionaire Liberal Elites that's ruining the country.

Via 2017 numbers, Labour need to win your seat to win power without a hung parliament probably.

A shame you'll be voting for Chukka's Torries though :P.

7 hours ago, alfierose said:

I like her too. Don't always agree with her but I like listening to her. She puts up with no shit. :lol:

She's Katie Hopkins lite. 

Edited by AtariLegend

10 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

He's also head of the 1922 committe. One of the ones that run the party.

According to that petition *see previous page link*, it's pretty unlikely that your area would vote leave again. In fact by Daily Mail logic, you like Len are one of the millionaire Liberal Elites that's ruining the country.

Via 2017 numbers, Labour need to win your seat to win power without a hung parliament probably.

A shame you'll be voting for Chukka's Torries though :P.

:lol: We didn't vote to leave in the referendum. That's why I was amused that our MP is who he is given the electorate that voted him in. :) 

10 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

She's Katie Hopkins lite. 

Nah, she's just a traditional centre right Tory. I think I have a bit of a Thatcher crush thing going on with a certain type of women of a certain age of that particular political leaning. :lol: 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Nah, she's just a traditional centre right Tory. I think I have a bit of a Thatcher crush thing going on with a certain type of women of a certain age of that particular political leaning. :lol: 

I wonder what Thatcher was like in bed.  Assertive I imagine.  'Dennis, place ones leg over ones shoulder and pump one like t'were VJ day' :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

8 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I try to but it is hard when it is constantly in your face.

Makes you think why did they bother asking to vote on it when they clearly had no fucking plan in place 

Well that was Cameron that, who promptly resigned and now spends his time sunning it up in the south of France. 

He spent half his reign as pm blamming the EU on the 6 o clock news for all his own policies. Calls a referendum and campaigns for remain, then quits realising he's fucked the country.

One of the worst political leaders in history.

He'll be remembered as the pig fucker of Brexit.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

The advent of television was the beginning of like, the world seeing politicians for what they were.  Its no accident that, since that sort of media came about more and more we're finding that these guys aren't like...the eloquent statesmen, the wise leaders of the free world but rather a bunch of crooks and chancers all on the ponce.  Nixon was the first great victim of the era of mass media.  And now, with the advent of youtube, social media, camera phones, you really see them for what they are, there was a time where a politician garnered a certain degree of respect but since like...the 1950s/60s we're slowly seeing the facade for what it is, bit by bit the veil has slipped to where now America is run by a fuckin' reality TV star, Rachman in a fucking cowboy hat, with the filter of an heavily autistic 8 yr old and the morals of a fucking viper, as Britain is run by a 12 star failure like Theresa May and the leader of the opposition is perhaps the worst politician, in the strictest sense of the word, ever to grace these isles. 

We are being led to the waters by morons and it shows more now than ever.  The 20th Century bought about what amounts to almost the death of culture in exchange for a handful of nothing, I mean if you look at aincent greece, romans, the rennaisance, these periods in time where there was an abundance of free thinkers, artists, an abundance of genius that accelerated the evolution of the human race...where as now we have, what? 

And at the head of it all is politics, this vulgar charade to which we are all co-conspirators through our own apathetic silence.  Its an awful state of affairs.  I say fuck em. 

Edited by Len Cnut

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

A general election is the only way out of the impasse and has remained the only way for some considerable time. 

General election will do fuck all. Second referendum needs to happen. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It would be pointless having that deal on the voting slip as it is a complete dog's dinner. 

Well unless we have a general election, we're getting it.

She doesn't have the numbers even with the erg, but she'll push it till the end.

This, everything.. the last two years, it's all about her. Her legacy before country.