British Politics

Gracii Guns

Just now, Padme said:

All I can tell you is that there was a referendum. Although Cameron, a Tory was behind it. He never wanted the UK to leave. The UKIP was always the main force. I don't think neither Tories nor Labour are madly in loved with Brexit. They never were. I just think both parties are just playing the role of populist parties just to keep themselves in a position of power. And the people who strongly believe Brexit is the solution to all the problems. Well, they should vote for UKIP.

Look at the current situation. Almost 3 years after the referendum. And the UK is still in square one. With a huge mess in Parliament. It seems it won't be fixed any time soon.

Labour under Michael Foot actually committed themselves to a programme of withdrawal from the EEC in 1981! 

You are treating the Tories and Labour like monolithic orthodoxies which they've never been in their entire histories. The Tories have always splintered down the middle over Europe; Ken Clarke is as Europhile as one could fathom for instance whereas you have on the other hand figures like Rees-Mogg and Boris. Similarly, Labour's hard-left have long since opposed the EU whereas Labour's right-wing, the Blairites, are very Europhile.

It is often better to look at Britain's two main parties as coalitions of various different groupings.

It should be pointed out that Brexit is not the only thing which splinter them. Labour has fought civil wars over Clause IV and Nuclear disarmament - currently, besides Brexit, they're fighting a civil war over anti-antisemitism and the influence of Momentum. The Tories are divided between one-nationists, Thatcherites and liberal conservatives. 

14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

11546582-6860607-image-a-1_1553788000627

So these people might be prime minister?  Don't know who none of em are except Boris and Gove and they're both cunts.

Raab, hmmm, not the worst name, slightly dis-co-ordinated suit, face of a scumbag

Esther McVey, tidy bit of crumpet I suppose, name of a mad bomber bloke so perhaps not

Penny Mourdant - Quite fit, fair set of bristols, unique dress sense, thick neck which is indicative of a sort of strength.

Leadsom - Fuck that

Gove - Cunt

Gavin Williamson - Sinister face and a knackered suit, untrustworthy

Liz Truss - sadomasochistic overtunes, denied

Sajid Javid - Paki, fuck that

Jeremy Hunt - looks to have a sense of purpose on his face as well as a detonator in his pocket, denied

Matt Hancock - Same name as a great comedian, looks like a dickhead, slightly gormless expression, denied.

Amber Rudd - looks like one of the leave overs from the prisoner ships they used to send to Australia, denied.

Right, Penny Mourdant it is!

12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

You're joking but I feel like you genuinely imagine me as Maori lol

P.S. Anyone fantasizing sexually about Margaret Thatcher should be ashamed of themselves. Have some standards for fucks sake.

Well you have to consider a thing to conclude that it is shameful so you're no better than me :lol:   You know Thatcher ain't her real name right?  Its a nickname based on 'pubic thatch'.

Me: roll on your side

Thatch': the lady is not for turning!

12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

*beep*
*boop*
*bzzzz*

As I suspected she's a fucking 0 on my milf-o-meter(my dick).

Could you not have just left it at milf-o-meter?  Honestly, you maori's are so indelicate!  Alright, here's one for ya, you're in a darkened room, gaffa taped to a chair, gun to your head, the bloke goes 'alright, its Theresa May or Mags or your fuckin' brains are hitting the ceiling, make a choice'...then what? :lol:

11 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I choose option C; Death.

I'd go for Mags, posh affectations but really shes a greengrocers daughter so you know she's a bit of a slag on the sly.  It'd have to be late 70s Mags though, I ain't a necrophile.  Theresa May actually looks like a zombie.

11 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Anything Goes is so grim.

I dunno, I think its quite educational, why only this morning we've learned Maggie Thatcher had a touch of the Mary Hinge, Maouri's live like pigs, Vikings have evolved (or de-volved) to goat shagging and pakis are inbred :lol: 

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

So these people might be prime minister?  Don't know who none of em are except Boris and Gove and they're both cunts.

I preferred Gove in his earlier incarnation as one half of a David Baddiel comedy double act on late night Channel 4 yoof TV in the early 90’s. :lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Her deal is more popular by about twenty votes than the most popular of the other options, which would be the customs union.

Tigs voted against it, because Corbyn. SNP and most of the Lib Dems which support it abstained. 

Caroline Lucas voted against it for some reason. Some Torries in the cabinet supposedly support, but won't go against whip.

In other words it's not finished.

Some were tactical voting on the indicative votes. Not sure what the point was.

I think customs union or general election are the most likely options. Second referendum had more votes than customs union, but isn't happening barring general election to change numbers with labour supporting remain, isn't a great chance.

Edited by AtariLegend