British Politics

Gracii Guns

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Shame. Even our flag burning protesters now stand around with their phones filming the flag burning!! It wouldn't happen in Muslim countries when they burn the stars and stripes.

They're worse with the fuckin' phones out there :lol:

19 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

There's going to be an Iraq War esque enquiry one day

Yeah, for all the good that done :lol:

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Further on this picture,

Hide contents

NINTCHDBPICT000479389220.jpg?w=960

It is ironic they're drinking Belgium lager haha.

At least be consistent and drink English ale you idiots. 

Say what you will about the good ol' NF they didn't fuck up like that, it was Carling and Newcastle Brown all the way :lol:  I kinda miss the old time racists, you knew where you stood with them, these namby pamby EDL ones that like...go out and sing songs about the Taliban and then go home and upload videos to their facebook just don't have the same strength to em like the ol' Combat 18/Column 88 ones, with their paramilitary wings, skinheads and carved swastikas on their foreheads, looking like extras from Kes that have joined the Manson Family. 

Edited by Len Cnut

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah, for all the good that done :lol:

Yeah, it'd point that everyone supporting was reckless. There won't be any prosecutions.

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well she hasn't done anything illegal. She is just incompetent (and also possesses merely a weak minority government). 

She has isn't just incompetent, it's about saving her career.

Blair put Bush (the wrong kind) before country, Cameron put party before country, she put herself.

3 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Yeah, it'd point that everyone supporting was reckless. There won't be any prosecutions.

She has isn't just incompetent, it's about saving her career.

Blair put Bush (the wrong kind) before country, Cameron put party before country, she put herself.

Show me a politician who isn't a ruthless careerist and I'll show you a liar. 

Ruthless as they come. 

Don't buy the whole Pakistani Moses here to lead the multitude to the promised land flowing with milk and honey routine then? :lol:  Come on, he's a cricket player for crying out loud, you should be at least 50% sold on that alone! 

Edited by Len Cnut

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Don't buy the whole Pakistani Moses here to lead the multitude to the promised land flowing with milk and honey routine then? :lol:  Come on, he's a cricket player for crying out loud, you should be at least 50% sold on that alone! 

Cricketers are the most careerist people imaginable. Witness them repudiating their counties and countries so they can play all of these twenty20 plastic franchises in places like the UAE for money. 

Cricketers are the most careerist people imaginable. Witness them repudiating their counties and countries so they can play all of these twenty20 plastic franchises in places like the UAE for money. 

There was no 20-20 in Imrans day.  I never understood the county thing, how is it that Pakistanis players played for English counties? 

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

There was no 20-20 in Imrans day.  I never understood the county thing, how is it that Pakistanis players played for English counties? 

Overseas. Just like Premiership Football really except there is a cap. It used to be 3 per team but now it is 2 per team, although there are various loopholes like possessing a dodgy British/EU passport and Kolpackers. 

The 1970s-early '80s was actually the great time for county overseas. You could watch Viv Richards, Joel Gardner (and Botham) for Somerset play someone like Hampshire with Malcolm Marshall and Barry Richards!! Kent had Asif Iqbal. Notts had Sobers. Lancs had Clive Lloyd and Engineer. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

Overseas. Just like Premiership Football really except there is a cap. It used to be 3 per team but now it is 2 per team, although there are various loopholes like possessing a dodgy British/EU passport and Kolpackers. 

While I've got you on the subject, to better equip me to participate in those awful living room cricket discourses, whats your take on the whole thing in the late 90s chucking thing with the Pakistani players? 

Just now, Len Cnut said:

While I've got you on the subject, to better equip me to participate in those awful living room cricket discourses, whats your take on the whole thing in the late 90s chucking thing with the Pakistani players? 

What ball-tampering aka reverse swing?

It is now an accepted part of the game. The ironic thing is the controversy erupted in England v the English and the English have become the biggest reverse swing practitioners. Just look at Jimmy Anderson.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Shame. Even our flag burning protesters now stand around with their phones filming the flag burning!! It wouldn't happen in Muslim countries when they burn the stars and stripes. 

11649216-6866459-image-a-47_155393274815

There was a wonderful video online ages ago showing some UKIP knuckleheads trying to burn an EU flag. Turned out the flag wouldn’t burn because of EU safety regulations governing the sale of flammable materials. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

There was a wonderful video online ages ago showing some UKIP knuckleheads trying to burn an EU flag. Turned out the flag wouldn’t burn because of EU safety regulations governing the sale of flammable materials. :lol: 

EU legislation is insufferable. I see your horse is passing a bunch of dictatorial copyright legislation?

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

EU legislation is insufferable. I see your horse is passing a bunch of dictatorial copyright legislation?

Just sayin’ :lol: 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Can you really name any specific EU regulations that cause you personal grief on a day to day basis?

8 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Just sayin’ :lol: 

Can you really name any specific EU regulations that cause you personal grief on a day to day basis?

Well the fisheries policy buggered up my entire area - but then I think we have exhausted that discussion. 

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Fuckin rookie! Thats the way about 90% of flag burnings go world wide though, not just for brexiters in their Dads balaclavas.

Hint, the lighter is full of accelerant if you've failed to provide that otherwise. :) 

I love how he expected it to set ablaze and for the venue he chose his wooden gateway :lol: Kinda a metaphor for Brexit itself.

Edited by soon
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

They used to allow a certain amount of overseas players per county. Glamorgan had Viv Richards back in the 90s.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

What ball-tampering aka reverse swing?

It is now an accepted part of the game. The ironic thing is the controversy erupted in England v the English and the English have become the biggest reverse swing practitioners. Just look at Jimmy Anderson.

I think @Len Cnut might mean the Muralitharan chucking. I think that was because his arm was sort of deformed and he couldn't straighten it out properly so he developed this weird action that looks like he's chucking it.

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

I went to visit my mate who was at Reading university during the Euro 2000 and burned a St George's flag during the England Portugal match in the student bar because they were such a bunch of braying arseholes. That one went up a treat. 

7 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

They used to allow a certain amount of overseas players per county. Glamorgan had Viv Richards back in the 90s.

Yes, he went there after leaving Somerset in controversial circumstances. Botham went to Worcs then Durham. When he came to us he was fat and had a shocking moustache and mullet combo. 

4 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I think @Len Cnut might mean the Muralitharan chucking. I think that was because his arm was sort of deformed and he couldn't straighten it out properly so he developed this weird action that looks like he's chucking it.

Whenever I discuss cricket with len it usually involves ball tampering or match fixing!

• Haha 1