British Politics

Gracii Guns

11 minutes ago, Dazey said:

But why our MEP? Can't he take his own advice and fuck of back to where he comes from? :lol: 

He is running as an independent for the North West. Manchester aside, the North West voted leave at 53.65% which is above the national average.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-48055802

He'll be trounced by Farage regardless (as will UKIP).

Edited by DieselDaisy

But why our MEP? Can't he take his own advice and fuck of back to where he comes from? :lol: 

Cuz he can't walk the streets in Bury Park? :lol:

eah, they chanted this and the next day they murdered a women named Heather Heyer. And then Trump and a bunch of posters on here talked about "the good people on both sides" of the tragic events. 

Was that the one mowed down in the car?  Yeah, that was grim.

PS: Tommy sucker punched that guy and then you can see his wrist buckle. Not enough force for any follow through either. Thought you were a boxing fan, this man gets no props for his bent wrist sucker punch!!! :lol:

In defence of Tommy the guy was threatening to kill him/his family, at that point, you should be ready for it.  As for the bent wrist the guys considerably taller than him and as for force and follow through, well, it clearly had enough force cuz he dropped him like a sack of shit :lol:  I think Tommys a bellend but that doesn't necessarily mean that someone arguing with him isn't also a bellend, a lot of these Islamic lot that argue with him and/or threaten him don't exactly do themselves any favours either. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dazey said:

To be honest I'd never given it much thought. I think that North Manchester is pretty multi-cultural but not so sure about the rest. Funnily enough Altrincham where I live is proper honky central but the apartment complex I live in is full of Indians. :lol: Like loads of the fuckers. Place proper fucking honks of curry! :lol: 

I've always been REALLY sensitive about that?  It just so happens I come from a family who are kinda OCD about hygiene cleanliness and smells and shit so its not such an issue but yeah, fuckin' cooker hoods and opening the windows is a bit of fuckin' advice some of my lot would do well with :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Dazey said:

To be honest I'd never given it much thought. I think that North Manchester is pretty multi-cultural but not so sure about the rest. Funnily enough Altrincham where I live is proper honky central but the apartment complex I live in is full of Indians. :lol: Like loads of the fuckers. Place proper fucking honks of curry! :lol: 

Newcastle has always had lots of continental Asians (i.e. pakis) and Chinese but few black people, although black people are increasing. Where I live which is in a small town outside Newcastle black people were so rare people would go, ''what the heck is that?'' and stare when they saw one. There was one black girl in my school (of about 500) and she used to get bullied like hell. 

They are still not that frequent in the small towns outside Newcastle. 

London is just a different world. 

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

In defence of Tommy the guy was threatening to kill him/his family, at that point, you should be ready for it.  As for the bent wrist the guys considerably taller than him and as for force and follow through, well, it clearly had enough force cuz he dropped him like a sack of shit :lol:  I think Tommys a bellend but that doesn't necessarily mean that someone arguing with him isn't also a bellend, a lot of these Islamic lot that argue with him and/or threaten him don't exactly do themselves any favours either. 

Was almost like the guy was putting his cheek forward to receive a punch, but obviously not intentionally. :lol:

Tommy's pretty short, eh. Bit of a Napoleonic complex.

11 minutes ago, soon said:

Was almost like the guy was putting his cheek forward to receive a punch, but obviously not intentionally. :lol:

Tommy's pretty short, eh. Bit of a Napoleonic complex.

The way I see it these guys are just hustlers, in the worst sense of the word, hustlers ain't even the right word, snakeoil salesman I believe is a term you once used and I've since started using quite frequently, its all a big bluff and they're after your money, similar to the church or mosques or, y'know, whatever, selling salvation and passing the collection plate, they want your donations, its just an elaborate form of the sort of mentality dole scroungers have, finding an angle to make money so you don't have to work and can do what you want.  All these saviours are always after your donations. 

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He is running as an independent for the North West. Manchester aside, the North West voted leave at 53.65% 

Not in my bloody constituency they didn't!!!!!! :D

IBYHPpd.jpg

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I've always been REALLY sensitive about that?  It just so happens I come from a family who are kinda OCD about hygiene cleanliness and smells and shit so its not such an issue but yeah, fuckin' cooker hoods and opening the windows is a bit of fuckin' advice some of my lot would do well with :lol: 

To be honest with you I don't mind it at all. Smells bloody lovely most of the time to be fair. It's just a little odd that we have such a high concentration of Indians living in one little apartment complex in the middle of Honky Town. :lol: 

Just now, Dazey said:

Not in my bloody constituency they didn't!!!!!! :D

IBYHPpd.jpg

European elections are voted by these 12 big regional constituencies,

mep_map_3.png

So yes, your constituency (North West England), pertinent to European elections, did vote leave. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

European elections are voted by these 12 big regional constituencies,

mep_map_3.png

So yes, your constituency (North West England), pertinent to European elections, did vote leave. 

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

My European Constituency voted leave 58.04%. The Midlands however are the most Eurosceptic, 59.26% West Midlands, 58.82% East Midlands. Always did like the Midlands; beautiful ground, Chesterfield.

My UK Constituency voted Leave by 60.6%.

Edited by DieselDaisy

19 minutes ago, Dazey said:

To be honest with you I don't mind it at all. Smells bloody lovely most of the time to be fair. It's just a little odd that we have such a high concentration of Indians living in one little apartment complex in the middle of Honky Town. :lol: 

I don't mind the smell, I just don't want it coming off of me :lol:  I have these weird things like that, this not wanting to be a stereotype of...anything.  Like we were discussing once a long time ago, I won't go into the pound shop, I just won't, I don't like it, kind of a leave over from growing up skint when really, who gives a shit, what does it matter?

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't mind the smell, I just don't want it coming off of me :lol:  I have these weird things like that, this not wanting to be a stereotype of...anything.  Like we were discussing once a long time ago, I won't go into the pound shop, I just won't, I don't like it, kind of a leave over from growing up skint when really, who gives a shit, what does it matter?

I've never noticed any of the actual people giving off a whiff. It just tends to hang in the air in the corridors. :lol: 

• Haha 1

''Ramadan''

''Curry''

I love it how Len is the ''resident Paki'' on Mygnr. Odd band for you to like Len, GN'R? Led by a pasty ginger racist, audiences largely consisting of white trashy wearers of the mullet and black ''skull'' t-shirts. 

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Ramadan''

''Curry''

I love it how Len is the ''resident Paki'' on Mygnr. Odd band for you to like Len, GN'R? Led by a pasty ginger racist, audiences largely consisting of white trashy wearers of the mullet and black ''skull'' t-shirts. 

To be fair, what ain't an odd band to like for someone of my lineage? :lol:  None of em particularly relate back to fuckin' second generation Kashmiri immigrants, do they?  Asian Dub Foundation maybe? :lol:

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The way I see it these guys are just hustlers, in the worst sense of the word, hustlers ain't even the right word, snakeoil salesman I believe is a term you once used and I've since started using quite frequently, its all a big bluff and they're after your money, similar to the church or mosques or, y'know, whatever, selling salvation and passing the collection plate, they want your donations, its just an elaborate form of the sort of mentality dole scroungers have, finding an angle to make money so you don't have to work and can do what you want.  All these saviours are always after your donations. 

I think you're spot on. And I believe the efforts to deplatform them are mostly intended to cut off their fundraising resources. Hitting them where it hurts, in the wallet. But then the tommys can turn around and say its an attack on their freedom of speech, which plays right into their base. Their garbage message uses the free speech issue as a vehicle to enter into the vulnerable minds they preach too. The two opposing strategies are kinda locked in a standstill. 

14 minutes ago, soon said:

I think you're spot on. And I believe the efforts to deplatform them are mostly intended to cut off their fundraising resources. Hitting them where it hurts, in the wallet. But then the tommys can turn around and say its an attack on their freedom of speech, which plays right into their base. Their garbage message uses the free speech issue as a vehicle to enter into the vulnerable minds they preach too. The two opposing strategies are kinda locked in a standstill. 

The 'I'M BEING CENSORED' shit is a bit of a laugh.  Youtube, Facebook, these places aren't really public forums as such, they are not Speakers Corner in Hyde Park, they are owned by someone, or a number of someones, who don't want certain shit under their flag, I can see the logic in that but no ones stopping the Tommys of this world from having their own websites, publishing books etc, thats hardly being shut down by the establishment. 

33 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The 'I'M BEING CENSORED' shit is a bit of a laugh.  Youtube, Facebook, these places aren't really public forums as such, they are not Speakers Corner in Hyde Park, they are owned by someone, or a number of someones, who don't want certain shit under their flag, I can see the logic in that but no ones stopping the Tommys of this world from having their own websites, publishing books etc, thats hardly being shut down by the establishment. 

You are on point! I agree. And I also think its hilarious that "the establishment" that they say is trying to shut them down apparently comes in the form of 17 year olds with fading green dye-jobs and skinny jeans that barely fit even before the freshmen 15*, who yell at them in the park.

*The freshmen 15 is a term for the 15 lbs freshmen typically gain in the first semester. Or freshman 50 if you're @Dazey :lol:

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

To be fair, what ain't an odd band to like for someone of my lineage? :lol:  None of em particularly relate back to fuckin' second generation Kashmiri immigrants, do they?  Asian Dub Foundation maybe? :lol:

Its right there in bold though, innit? Led Zeppelin has Kashmir and The Immigrant Song.

Edited by soon

52 minutes ago, Graeme said:

According to the Tories, there is no desire in Scotland for a second independence referendum as an alternative to leaving the EU.

This is impossible, a referendum being an alternative to Brexit. Scotland would've to be readmitted as a new member state which would take years. I thought you were smarter than this?

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

This is impossible, a referendum being an alternative to Brexit. Scotland would've to be readmitted as a new member state which would take years.

No it wouldn't, we've been part of the EU for decades so all of our infrastructure already meets the 'Copenhagen Criteria' and wouldn't require the scrutiny of a completely new applicant, we're all still EU citizens at the moment, even the Spanish government have stated since 2018 that they would no longer seek to block Scotland's accession.

• stable institutions guaranteeing democracy, the rule of law, human rights and respect for and protection of minorities;
  • a functioning market economy and the capacity to cope with competition and market forces in the EU;
  • the ability to take on and implement effectively the obligations of membership, including adherence to the aims of political, economic and monetary union.

Scotland satisfies all of this.

It's absolutely not in the EU's interests to send Scotland to the 'back of the queue' or to even threaten to do so, as they no longer have any interest in pleasing the UK Government, the way they did during the 2014 referendum campaign. 

5 minutes ago, Graeme said:

No it wouldn't, we've been part of the EU for decades so all of our infrastructure already meets the 'Copenhagen Criteria' and wouldn't require the scrutiny of a completely new applicant, we're all still EU citizens at the moment, even the Spanish government have stated since 2018 that they would no longer seek to block Scotland's accession.

• stable institutions guaranteeing democracy, the rule of law, human rights and respect for and protection of minorities;
  • a functioning market economy and the capacity to cope with competition and market forces in the EU;
  • the ability to take on and implement effectively the obligations of membership, including adherence to the aims of political, economic and monetary union.

Scotland satisfies all of this.

It's absolutely not in the EU's interests to send Scotland to the 'back of the queue' or to even threaten to do so, as they no longer have any interest in pleasing the UK Government, the way they did during the 2014 referendum campaign. 

That has not what the upper echelons of the EU have been saying publicly. Not in the slightest.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/europe/eu-policy-agenda/brexit/news/84193/independent-scotland-would-need-re-apply-join-eu

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/10/independent-scotland-would-have-to-apply-for-eu-membership

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-scotland-independence-eu/independent-scotland-would-have-to-reapply-to-eu-nato-officials-say-idUKKBN0H31FK20140908

https://www.parliament.uk/documents/lords-committees/economic-affairs/ScottishIndependence/EA68_Scotland_and_the_EU_Barroso's_reply_to_Lord_Tugendhat_101212.pdf

Edited by DieselDaisy

The EU administration has never made a definitive official proclamation one way or the other, there were some figures who made generally disapproving vague allusions in 2014, but since the UK voted to leave most of the noises coming out of Brussels have been far more positive.

I have no fear on the matter.

Just now, Graeme said:

The EU administration has never made a definitive official proclamation one way or the other, there were some figures who made generally disapproving vague allusions in 2014, but since the UK voted to leave most of the noises coming out of Brussels have been far more positive.

I have no fear on the matter.

That is as close to official as one can fathom! I cannot agree with you. And with 38% leavers, I doubt the EU is overly enthusiastic about Scotland's admittance considering the EU is currently facing immense problems with Euroscepticism in every member state.