British Politics

Gracii Guns

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I hope we get Esther McVey. She seems an one-nationist; one-nationism has been sadly lacking in the Conservative Party since Thatcher. 

I'd take Esther McVey if only to see Trump trying to feel her up every time they have a meeting. :lol: 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Are you saying this is good news for Corbyn?

14 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I hope we don't get Esther Mcvey or Gove, Hunt, Raab.

At least with Boris he'll lose his seat next time there's an election. He might be a nasty human being, but at least it's just about his career. With Mcvey she's actively evil.

I'm not so sure Boris will call an snap election anytime soon

The interesting thing is of the circa 14 possible/probable Tory candidates, only one is a staunch remainer: Amber Rudd. Then there are about two more who are soft-brexiteers à la Theresa May, Rory Stewart and Matt Hancock, and the rest are all hard-brexiteers. It is almost certain we'll finely see a Brexiteering Prime Minister which is an entirely different proposition from what we had under remainer Theresa. (This is the only way the Conservatives can combat Farage also, although that European Election is already a write-off).

Edited by DieselDaisy

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The interesting thing is of the circa 14 possible/probable Tory candidates, only one is a staunch remainer: Amber Rudd. Then there are about two more who are soft-brexiteers à la Theresa May, Rory Stewart and Matt Hancock, and the rest are all hard-brexiteers. It is almost certain we'll finely see a Brexiteering Prime Minister which is an entirely different proposition from what we had under remainer Theresa. (This is the only way the Conservatives can combat Farage also, although that European Election is already a write-off).

Well I’m sure that the working man in the north east will just be loving the thought of Prime Minister Boris. I can’t wait for Redcar steel works to reopen by the end of the year and I’m sure our fishing industry will be booming at 1950’s levels in no time at all. Fuck me, I’m going to buy a boat and move back to Hull!

Just now, Dazey said:

Well I’m sure that the working man in the north east will just be loving the thought of Prime Minister Boris. I can’t wait for Redcar steel works to reopen by the end of the year and I’m sure our fishing industry will be booming at 1950’s levels in no time at all. Fuck me, I’m going to buy a boat and move back to Hull!

The areas you mention above wouldn't support the Conservatives irrespective of the Prime Minister's inclinations on Europe so I don't see your point. 

Leavers in those areas you mentioned would historically incline towards the Labour Party of yesteryear, under Michael Foot for instance, but now that Corbyn (much like Theresa May) has adopted a soft-Brexity ambiguous fudge on Europe, working class leave voters are effectively disenfranchised and have almost certainly drifted towards The Brexit Party or UKIP - we'll find out Sunday irrespective.  

It is difficult to see working class leavers gravitate towards the Conservatives Party simply because they now have an unambiguously Eurosceptic leader in charge, especially if that leader is somebody as patrician as Boris Johnson. One thing Farage is/has been effective in doing is capturing the working class Eurosceptic vote, a vote which traditionally would go to Labour but now feels disenfranchised, Labour having overwhelmingly turned Neo-liberal/Europhile - these Labour precedents are located in the Blair era.  

(Although historically the Conservatives, more to the point One-Nation Conservatism, was the party of the working class at one time and in fact used to drum up much of its support in Scotland and the North. It would take seismic changes for those days to return, seismic changes indeed.)

Edited by DieselDaisy

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I give you your new First Lord of the Treasury and Prime Minister of Her Majesty's Government,

fmxDJLzt.jpg

This was really funny. She bet her navy buddies that she could say "cock" as many times as possible in a speech in parliament. :lol: 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/shortcuts/2014/dec/01/mp-penny-mordant-foul-language-cock-house-of-commons

She's also a Tory woman of a certain age so I pretty much love her by default. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Amber Rudd, the only bona fide remainer, has dropped out and, bizarrely, is rumoured to be supporting a Boris ticket! Strange times. 

Graham Brady’s thrown his hat in now. 

2 hours ago, Padme said:

The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Yeah, that's a very accurate picture

Baker is a right winger obbessed with Brexit above all else.

Raab the right wing basketcase who looks he'll vomit when he sees anyone who's poor.

A Trump impersonater. Likely to lose his seat at the next election, regardless of the election results.

Esther Mcvey, pure evil. Hates the disabled and the poor.

Penny Mordant a standard right winger. Doesn't stand out, not winning.

Andrea "I'm a Mother" Leadsom. Right wing petulant basket case. Seeing her speaking as leader of the house is like watching an angry teenage girl.

Gove, the book version of Littlefinger.

Liz Truss a basket case who is more looney than the others. Slept half the male members of the conservative party apparently and her assistants.

The conservative party chairman. Actually pretty respectable for a right winger I thought, until he put forward that remove backstop amendment.

Sajid Javid. Never winning because of the colour of his skin, which is ironic considering he hates ethnic minorities too.

Jeremy Hunt aka the man in charge of the NHS crisis over the past decade that wants to priviatize the NHS. Good luck if they pick him.

Matt Hand cock. One of the lesser evils, he mainly just shows up on TV to defend the government, doesn't seem to have any discernable views.

Rory Stewart. Not winning, not worth talking about.

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Baker is a right winger obbessed with Brexit above all else.

Raab the right wing basketcase who looks he'll vomit when he sees anyone who's poor.

A Trump impersonater. Likely to lose his seat at the next election, regardless of the election results.

Esther Mcvey, pure evil. Hates the disabled and the poor.

Penny Mordant a standard right winger. Doesn't stand out, not winning.

Andrea "I'm a Mother" Leadsom. Right wing petulant basket case. Seeing her speaking as leader of the house is like watching an angry teenage girl.

Gove, the book version of Littlefinger.

Liz Truss a basket case who is more looney than the others. Slept half the male members of the conservative party apparently and her assistants.

The conservative party chairman. Actually pretty respectable for a right winger I thought, until he put forward that remove backstop amendment.

Sajid Javid. Never winning because of the colour of his skin, which is ironic considering he hates ethnic minorities too.

Jeremy Hunt aka the man in charge of the NHS crisis over the past decade that wants to priviatize the NHS. Good luck if they pick him.

Matt Hand cock. One of the lesser evils, he mainly just shows up on TV to defend the government, doesn't seem to have any discernable views.

Rory Stewart. Not winning, not worth talking about.

You should write a sort of 21st Century Hunter Thompson-esque novel on Brexit England :lol:

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Just the one did that? Our Hill is a non-partisan meat market. 

But, yeah, quite the roster y'all have to choose from. Thanks for the breakdown, its helpful.

5 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I have just Joined the Conservative Party and applied to a job advertisement for Liz Truss's assistant.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have just Joined the Conservative Party and applied to a job advertisement for Liz Truss's assistant.

I wasn't joking fyi. That's what was on the list of redacted items under her name: from the Tory whip's office list of how to get MPs to vote: that the papers leaked. I imagine it'll never be mentioned again by the tabloids if she makes the final 2.

Yes of course on Johnson. Has an NDA agreement with someone's aide for something he supposedly done.

Raab has an injunction against him too for harrasing a woman.

Hand cock was sleeping with his assistants (pretty light let's face it).

Rory Stewart's entry just reads (asked female researcher to do odd things).

Rudd who isn't running supposedly had an affair with Kwassi Karteng (who was also one of Liz Truzz's conquests).

Don't think there was any of the other leadership candidates listed.

Edited by AtariLegend

2 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I wasn't joking fyi. That's what was on the list of redacted items under her name: from the Tory whip's office list of how to get MPs to vote: that the papers leaked. I imagine it'll never be mentioned again by the tabloids if she makes the final 2.

Yes of course on Johnson. Has an NDA agreement with someone's aide for something he supposedly done.

Raab has an injunction against him too for harrasing a woman.

Hand cock was sleeping with his assistants (pretty light let's face it).

Rory Stewart's entry just reads (asked female researcher to do odd things).

Rudd who isn't running supposedly had an affair with Kwassi Karteng (who was also one of Liz Truzz's conquests).

Don't think there was any of the other leadership candidates listed.

I.e., it is the Tory party. I'd be disappointed if they weren't. During all that time when Spitting Image had him as grey, eating the peas with Norma, Major was shagging Edwina Currie.

I wonder if Liz Truss is advertising a job for ''a bit of northern rough?''. 

PS

Liz Truss not running but Priti Patel pondering it. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/05/25/tory-leader-must-someone-backed-brexit-2016-liz-truss-says-rules/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/05/25/interview-priti-patel-warns-against-dodgy-deals-says-considering/

Edited by DieselDaisy

Rudd isn't doing it so you remainers should desire Rory Stewart or Hancock, or perhaps Hunt and Javid who campaigned remain and both have suspicious Brexiteering credentials. Stewart is probably your best bet. The other 5 (possibly aggrandising to 9) are all hard-Brexiteers.

Hunt's management of the NHS contributed to those NHS stories and Brexit in the first place. He's one of those priviatize the NHS types. Also said anything and everything on Brexit at one point or the other. Don't think he believes in anything other than his career.

Hand cock is void of ideas. His career has consisted of him being a political surrogate where he defends gov. on TV. Only thing learned about him of note lately is that he wants to be pm.

Stewart stands no chance. His views (when he's spoke on TV) are more in line with the Labour right or tigs. Tories aren't going to elect him. Not a basketcase, but not right wing enough.

Rudd was never running. Ultra marginal seat, 50/50 chance of her surving last election. It took recounts, there's no chance of her surving next time. Besides someone who's career revolved around deffending arm sales to the Saudias and dropping bombs on kids? Yeah, that's really grab the non Tory vote.

Javid is another one. Who knows what he really thinks. He's an ethnic minority who doesn't like coloured people. The member ship would never vote for him. 

The only thing that matters about them, is which of the 9 circles their political views belong in.

13 minutes ago, Padme said:

Labour expels Campbell

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/28/labour-expels-alastair-campbell-from-party

Campbell is the scapegot? This is fucking moronic! 

By the letter of (party) law, he is in the wrong. I actually rather admire his stance and hate the Momentum/Corbynista zealots in Labour, but Labour are perfectly in their right to expel him and Campbell would have known this. He could of course have kept his election preference a secret?

Tarzan was suspended from the Tory whip for voting Liberal Democrats also. 

57 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

By the letter of (party) law, he is in the wrong. I actually rather admire his stance and hate the Momentum/Corbynista zealots in Labour, but Labour are perfectly in their right to expel him and Campbell would have known this. He could of course have kept his election preference a secret?

Tarzan was suspended from the Tory whip for voting Liberal Democrats also. 

I don't question their right to expel Campbell. I just don't get why it is a number one priority. Labour has a a lot bigger problems to be concerned about