Gracii Guns

British Politics

If someone slapped one of those oversized baby blue ribbons on me I'd be embarrassed. They really got ahead of the protestors with that one.

Apparently the new insult emanating from the remain/green Guardianist chattering classes is, ''climate denier''! 

''Climate denier'' haha. ''I'm telling you once, there is no climate. Doesn't exist! That rain you see? Figment of your imagination. That sunshine? Clearly bollocks''.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Apparently the new insult emanating from the remain/green Guardianist chattering classes is, ''climate denier''! 

''Climate denier'' haha. ''I'm telling you once, there is no climate. Doesn't exist! That rain you see? Figment of your imagination. That sunshine? Clearly bollocks''.

And by “new” you mean “been around for at least a decade”? 😂

Edited by Dazey

47 minutes ago, Dazey said:

And by “new” you mean “been around for at least a decade”? 😂

I like your ''god botherer'' one. 

''Toxicity'' (and antonyms) is another word beloved of Guardianistes everywhere. ''Toxic masculinity'' for instance, which I initially thought pertained to a bottle of Brut haha.  

Posted (edited)

Old mother Mays got the sack then.  Or 'stepping down' as its more often put.

Edited by Len Cnut

The best thing to take from her ministry is lessons in how persistence can lead to blind stupidity. 

Posted (edited)

Why do you Guardian-types not critricise the EU on its appalling lack of diversity? Of 776 MEPs elected in 2014 only 20 of them are from ethnic minority backgrounds. That is 2.5%! As a rough guide to what should be achieved here, about 14% of Europe is of an ethnic background. 

''Lack of ethnic minorities''; ''a white man's club''; ''racism'' - come on, this is usual Manna for Guardianistes. Why are you not attacking the EU about any of this?

https://www.euractiv.com/section/justice-home-affairs/news/racial-diversity-not-on-the-eus-radar/

https://www.ips-journal.eu/in-focus/they-dont-care-about-us/article/show/ethnic-minorities-are-under-represented-in-the-european-parliament-2454/

Edited by DieselDaisy

I hope we don't get Esther Mcvey or Gove, Hunt, Raab.

At least with Boris he'll lose his seat next time there's an election. He might be a nasty human being, but at least it's just about his career. With Mcvey she's actively evil.

Posted (edited)

I hope we get Esther McVey. She seems an one-nationist; one-nationism has been sadly lacking in the Conservative Party since Thatcher. I would support Liz Truss but she seems a little bit of an outsider's choice and isn't the greatest public speaker. 

PS

Etonian. Former tutor of Prince William and Harry,

13859296-0-The_father_of_two_is_married_

Who'd have guessed?

Edited by DieselDaisy

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I hope we get Esther McVey. She seems an one-nationist; one-nationism has been sadly lacking in the Conservative Party since Thatcher. 

I'd take Esther McVey if only to see Trump trying to feel her up every time they have a meeting. :lol: 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Are you saying this is good news for Corbyn?

14 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I hope we don't get Esther Mcvey or Gove, Hunt, Raab.

At least with Boris he'll lose his seat next time there's an election. He might be a nasty human being, but at least it's just about his career. With Mcvey she's actively evil.

I'm not so sure Boris will call an snap election anytime soon

I give you your new First Lord of the Treasury and Prime Minister of Her Majesty's Government,

fmxDJLzt.jpg

Viz getting it right as always. :lol: 

5WzSFIn.jpg

Posted (edited)

The interesting thing is of the circa 14 possible/probable Tory candidates, only one is a staunch remainer: Amber Rudd. Then there are about two more who are soft-brexiteers à la Theresa May, Rory Stewart and Matt Hancock, and the rest are all hard-brexiteers. It is almost certain we'll finely see a Brexiteering Prime Minister which is an entirely different proposition from what we had under remainer Theresa. (This is the only way the Conservatives can combat Farage also, although that European Election is already a write-off).

Edited by DieselDaisy

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The interesting thing is of the circa 14 possible/probable Tory candidates, only one is a staunch remainer: Amber Rudd. Then there are about two more who are soft-brexiteers à la Theresa May, Rory Stewart and Matt Hancock, and the rest are all hard-brexiteers. It is almost certain we'll finely see a Brexiteering Prime Minister which is an entirely different proposition from what we had under remainer Theresa. (This is the only way the Conservatives can combat Farage also, although that European Election is already a write-off).

Well I’m sure that the working man in the north east will just be loving the thought of Prime Minister Boris. I can’t wait for Redcar steel works to reopen by the end of the year and I’m sure our fishing industry will be booming at 1950’s levels in no time at all. Fuck me, I’m going to buy a boat and move back to Hull!

Just now, Dazey said:

Well I’m sure that the working man in the north east will just be loving the thought of Prime Minister Boris. I can’t wait for Redcar steel works to reopen by the end of the year and I’m sure our fishing industry will be booming at 1950’s levels in no time at all. Fuck me, I’m going to buy a boat and move back to Hull!

The areas you mention above wouldn't support the Conservatives irrespective of the Prime Minister's inclinations on Europe so I don't see your point. 

Leavers in those areas you mentioned would historically incline towards the Labour Party of yesteryear, under Michael Foot for instance, but now that Corbyn (much like Theresa May) has adopted a soft-Brexity ambiguous fudge on Europe, working class leave voters are effectively disenfranchised and have almost certainly drifted towards The Brexit Party or UKIP - we'll find out Sunday irrespective.  

Posted (edited)

It is difficult to see working class leavers gravitate towards the Conservatives Party simply because they now have an unambiguously Eurosceptic leader in charge, especially if that leader is somebody as patrician as Boris Johnson. One thing Farage is/has been effective in doing is capturing the working class Eurosceptic vote, a vote which traditionally would go to Labour but now feels disenfranchised, Labour having overwhelmingly turned Neo-liberal/Europhile - these Labour precedents are located in the Blair era.  

(Although historically the Conservatives, more to the point One-Nation Conservatism, was the party of the working class at one time and in fact used to drum up much of its support in Scotland and the North. It would take seismic changes for those days to return, seismic changes indeed.)

Edited by DieselDaisy

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I give you your new First Lord of the Treasury and Prime Minister of Her Majesty's Government,

fmxDJLzt.jpg

This was really funny. She bet her navy buddies that she could say "cock" as many times as possible in a speech in parliament. :lol: 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/shortcuts/2014/dec/01/mp-penny-mordant-foul-language-cock-house-of-commons

She's also a Tory woman of a certain age so I pretty much love her by default. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

13927456-7068477-image-a-16_155873265602

Esther McVey was on LBC yesterday. Sounds thick as shit.

16 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Esther McVey was on LBC yesterday. Sounds thick as shit.

Amber Rudd, the only bona fide remainer, has dropped out and, bizarrely, is rumoured to be supporting a Boris ticket! Strange times. 

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Amber Rudd, the only bona fide remainer, has dropped out and, bizarrely, is rumoured to be supporting a Boris ticket! Strange times. 

Graham Brady’s thrown his hat in now.