British Politics

Gracii Guns

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Kiwis are my second favourite (test status) team. Love Kane Williamson's batting. I actually wouldn't have been sad if you had won. Plus my uncle was a Kiwi.

My cousin was saying that last time I was in the motherland.  They all love and adore cricket so much that, for the sporting aspect, besides Pakistan, they all seem to support a second team and his was New Zealand. 

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Kiwis are my second favourite (test status) team. Love Kane Williamson's batting. I actually wouldn't have been sad if you had won. Plus my uncle was a Kiwi.

He is a British ''lad'' isn't he?

Someone told me that he was born in New Zealand, came here when he was 12 but yes, I get what you're getting at :lol:  Thats kinda why I like Stokes, knowing nothing about cricket, from our conversations about his street fighting antics and gaffes like this.  He became my favourite cricketer after dropping those lads outside that club :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

My cousin was saying that last time I was in the motherland.  They all love and adore cricket so much that, for the sporting aspect, besides Pakistan, they all seem to support a second team and his was New Zealand. 

Someone told me that he was born in New Zealand, came here when he was 12 but yes, I get what you're getting at :lol:  Thats kinda why I like Stokes, knowing nothing about cricket, from our conversations about his street fighting antics and gaffes like this.  He became my favourite cricketer after dropping those lads outside that club :lol:

I have met him a few times and he is actually quite a shy fella really, when he isn't pissed. 

New Zealand are probably everyone's ''second team''.

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have met him a few times and he is actually quite a shy fella really, when he isn't pissed. 

New Zealand are probably everyone's ''second team''.

Met him to the point of like, chilling out and having a chat?  Cool.  If I could hang out with any cricket player it'd probably be Curtly Ambrose.  Or Viv Richards.  Or Imran Khan.  Beefy too but I get the feeling he don't like pakis :lol: 

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Met him to the point of like, chilling out and having a chat?  Cool.  If I could hang out with any cricket player it'd probably be Curtly Ambrose.  Or Viv Richards.  Or Imran Khan.  Beefy too but I get the feeling he don't like pakis :lol: 

At the gate as he comes out to bat. Talked with him a few times. 

I could have quite easily met Beefy at the member's forum but couldn't be arsed to go.

Viv is the coolest mad to have ever walked. 

So I just got a 24 hour posting ban from Facebook for posting a picture of a scrotum and claiming it was just an aged Iain Duncan Smith. :lol: 

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

David Gower would be a laugh. Get him pissed and have a go in his Biplane. :lol: 

• Haha 3

Fuck Bojo.  Looks like a fuckin' dribbler.  Just another thick populist twat getting the masses on side with a bunch of vague unrealistic ill-defined nonsense that everyone with half a braincell goin' spare knows he can't possibly pull off, just a fuckin' B Tec Trump with less clout.  The only way in which he equals Trump is in the talking absolute fuckin' bollocks stakes.  Fear and loathing reigns. 

• Like 2

EAKA4LSX4AEEoJc?format=jpg&name=large

That is Ropery Lane, Chester-le-Street. Lovely ground. I might be going there tomorrow to watch Chris Rushworth's testimonial. 

And no, I don't know what Boris was doing there! Botham is a Brexiteer.

PS

Ahh, here is when: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/boris-johnsons-brexit-battle-bus-11404801

Edited by DieselDaisy

30 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Is it wrong to find the madness some what entertaining?

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

There is much in what you say.  This is basically the way I look at politics, like a sort of madcap spoof of itself.  There are those however that look at our particular brand of apathetic piss-taking indolence as part of what the problem is with society today and part of what allows the Bojos and Trumps of the world to thrive and run amok.

18 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

You see I just cant take anything in life to seriously I have enough money to survive and eat junk food while watching Netflix i'm happy.

I will just sit here with my Big Mac watching the left and right wage war.

So when you're doing the school run, sitting outside the little uns school, tucking into the big mac you just copped off of the drive thru,  watching Netflix on your phone waiting for 3:00pm if someone comes up, robs your phone and wallet and slaps the burger out of your hand, this will drive you to the ballot box? :lol: 

Sorry about your luck, mother fuckers.

canada votes in late October and the conservatives have a slight lead. A trio of conservative leaders in us uk and cnd can’t be a good thing.

Keep your boots on and your bandanas handy!! Tattoo your lawyers name on your forearms and let’s fucking giddy up! We got this.

1 hour ago, soon said:

Sorry about your luck, mother fuckers.

canada votes in late October and the conservatives have a slight lead. A trio of conservative leaders in us uk and cnd can’t be a good thing.

Keep your boots on and your bandanas handy!! Tattoo your lawyers name on your forearms and let’s fucking giddy up! We got this.

Conservative leaders are never a good thing anywhere. 

• Like 2

It is curious but there are many, on the left, opposing Boris Johnson - I am not a fan of the man incidentally - who do not seem to possess a base comprehension of the British constitution by which, the party leader capable of commanding a majority in the Commons becomes Prime Minister and forms a government. Boris's election was an internal Conservative affair to decide party leader. His ministry will be on account of forming a majority in accordance with the Commons as arranged according to the 2017 General Election. But then these same people cannot comprehend ''once in a generation'' referenda either, nor a 17.4 million (51.89%) mandate. 

PS

Further on this, 13 of the last 25 prime ministers first took office without a general election, including 3 of the last 4.

PPS

This includes the greatest ministry of all, Churchill's war time coalition government, 1940-45.

Edited by DieselDaisy

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is curious but there are many, on the left, opposing Boris Johnson - I am not a fan of the man incidentally - who do not seem to possess a base comprehension of the British constitution by which, the party leader capable of commanding a majority in the Commons becomes Prime Minister and forms a government. Boris's election was an internal Conservative affair to decide party leader. But then they cannot comprehend ''once in a generation'' referenda either, nor a 17.4 million (51.89%) mandate. 

We can have unelected interim PMs here. I cant recall if its legislation or merely tradition that has the Govt call an election in a timely manner when that happens.

Thats the only way we've ever seen a female PM, in fact. And her first order of business was to call an election that she lost. Which before someone else says it, I will: bad things are always bad anywhere. :lol: 

Edited by soon

5 minutes ago, soon said:

We can have unelected interim PMs here. I cant recall if its legislation or merely tradition that has the Govt call an election in a timely manner when that happens.

Thats the only way we've ever seen a female PM, in fact. And her first order of business was to call an election that saw here ousted from even running. Which before someone else says it, I will: bad things are always bad anywhere. :lol: 

But they are not ''interims'' as you follow the Westminster system by which you elect your MPs to a House of Commons, not specifically a head of government, and in that Commons the leader commanding a majority becomes PM. Inter party elections are a perfectly valid way in deciding a prime minister in the Westminster System. 

PS

Unless of course they were literally interims for whatever reason, e.g., if the Prime Minister dies in office and somebody has to take over before the party decides a new leader.

Edited by DieselDaisy