British Politics

Gracii Guns

56 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fifty years on from now, as I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see 'the River Tiber foaming with much blood. Britain will still be the country of long shadows on county grounds, warm beer, invincible green suburbs, dog lovers and pools fillers and, as George Orwell said, 'Old maids bicycling to holy communion through the morning mist' and, if we get our way, Shakespeare will still be read even in school.

Fixed. :lol: 

everyone has their own interests, in a wide range of fields. Sports, music, movies, video games... They are all part of sub cultures. And even therein, you have different cultures. With video games, you have xbox owners (xbots), sony owners (sony ponies) and nintendo owners (nintendrones).

By definition, people with a certain interest, are not interested in other ones. You like guns n roses, but you don't like the red hot chili peppers. and that's the way things go. I don't know anyone who likes "everything". By nature, there will always be things you don't like.... that belong to a certain culture.

I don't really see the problem there. Everyone thinks the same. To pretend you are someone who does not dislike anything, is very hypocritical and insincere.

Edited by action

1 hour ago, soon said:

Ummmmmmmmmm????????? Well that just dont make no sense.

No, that would make you a bike race-ist :lol:

He is probably a pizza raceist because that's part of Italian culture. He is Champagne raceist because that's French culture

24 minutes ago, Padme said:

He is probably a pizza raceist because that's part of Italian culture. He is Champagne raceist because that's French culture

He prolly is a pizza raceist! Enough is enough. We end this bullshit today!! :lol:

Priti Patel is much more convincing on Brexit than Boris who prevaricated on the referendum before opting for leave, and voted for the 3rd attempt at the withdrawal agreement. There are some Europhile comments from Boris which are embarrassingly ''remain'': https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-brexit-speech-changed-his-mind-remain-2018-2?r=US&IR=T.  I am still half expecting Boris to attempt to throw a few commas on the withdrawal agreement and try and pass it off as a triumph for ''hardline Brexiteering''. But in fairness Corbyn received a spanking from Bojo as did that SNP chap. Boris's Poundland Churchill impression (''our national story'') actually embarrassed them.   

1 hour ago, bucketfoot said:

"Invasion of the Body Snatchers" :lol:

jezza.jpgbody-snatchers.jpg

"Remaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnn!!!!!!!!!"

He eviscerated Corbyn and the SNP chap.

Other things of interest,

- Corbyn's snidey comment about the Liberal Democrats getting into bed with the Tories. Seemed inappropriate and rather ''shooting yourself in the front'' given the context. If remainers ever expect some sort of ''remain front'', well you'll not get one under Jez I'm afraid? It just seemed totally random to be honest. 

- Boris's shellacking of McDonnell's tenure under Red Ken for fiddling the books haha.

- His destruction of the SNP's criticism of his lack of a electoral mandate, pointing out that Sturgeon replaced Salmond in an identical manner.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

- Corbyn's snidey comment about the Liberal Democrats getting into bed with the Tories. Seemed inappropriate and rather ''shooting yourself in the front'' given the context. If remainers ever expect some sort of ''remain front'', well you'll not get one under Jez I'm afraid? It just seemed totally random to be honest. 

- Boris's shellacking of McDonnell's tenure under Red Ken for fiddling the books haha.

- His destruction of the SNP's criticism of his lack of a electoral mandate, pointing out that Sturgeon replaced Salmond in an identical manner.

I thought Rees Mogg was hilarious at the dispatch box. Don’t like the guy but it was good TV. :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Corbyn simply lacks the wit and imagination to pull lines like the "Body Snatchers" stuff out of thin air. Boris will continue to run rings around him and it could get embarrassing for Jezza.

3 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Corbyn simply lacks the wit and imagination to pull lines like the "Body Snatchers" stuff out of thin air. Boris will continue to run rings around him and it could get embarrassing for Jezza.

Corbyn simply isn't used to squaring-off against ''romantic'' Churchill-esque national bravado. His tactic is to depict himself as über serious and fastidious and reiterate that line about ''(a threat to) jobs, police, health and welfare'', but, in the context of today's politics, it comes across as dull and achingly obsessed with trivial minutiae. He'll need a new tactic I'm afraid.  

25 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Boris is a threat to all those things.

He is pledging 20,000 extra police officers, recruitment commencing in a matter of weeks, and the thing about selling the NHS to Trump is utter bollocks as no British politician would even be capable of such an act, the NHS considered in such reverent terms in this country. Reminds me of when Labour put forth that Churchill would dismantle the newly created welfare state ahead of the 1951 general election - that was bollocks also.

PS

Boris is also creating a new high speed rail link between Headingley and Old Trafford haha. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Corbyn simply isn't used to squaring-off against ''romantic'' Churchill-esque national bravado. His tactic is to depict himself as über serious and fastidious and reiterate that line about ''(a threat to) jobs, police, health and welfare'', but, in the context of today's politics, it comes across as dull and achingly obsessed with trivial minutiae. He'll need a new tactic I'm afraid.  

He will definitely need a different approach to try and cut through but I just don't think he has it in him. He couldn't even get the better of May in the despatch box, for the most part and she was possibly the worst public speaker I've ever seen. He has no chance against BoJo.  He is an absolute dullard, bless him. A lentil-eating Geography teacher springs to mind.

2 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

I see Jimmy Krankie had a face like a slapped arse when greeting Boris in the land of the Jock today.

She is awful. Even if I was Scottish and a supporter of Scottish independence, I'd think she was utterly awful.  

• Like 1

On 29/07/2019 at 12:01 AM, DieselDaisy said:

I thought Brexiteers are supposed to be the thick bastards? Literally no remainer on twitter understands how the Westminster system operates! It is astonishing, the level of ignorance. 

No Brexiteer appears to understand international trade. Boris in Wales today trying to win over farmers who would be looking at 40%, yes four zero percent tariffs on exports in the event of a no deal. I thought you were in favour of British agriculture. 

On 24/07/2019 at 1:31 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Also, the EU - even with the rebate - crippled our agricultural industry seeing as our farmers simply could not compete with cheap continental imports. The EU basically destroyed our two primary economic industries, agriculture and fishing. It destroyed industries which have proliferated here for centuries. 

Well I’m sure that slapping 40% on all exports will really help restore agriculture to its halcyon days. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey