British Politics

Gracii Guns

30 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Remainer humour I take it?

All this means is the democratic mandate of 17.4 million continues to be ignored by an elite. Labour will surely utterly collapse now that they've abandoned their northern heartlands. 

Those 17.4 million said they wanted out of the EU and they are not being ignored. There has been a continuous process these last three years trying to come to an agreement with the EU about an exit that isn't terrible. As it is, no such agreement has been reached and hence it is the politicians duty to not accept it. If the 17.4 million has said, "we want out at any cost" it would have been different through. But alas, they didn't and hence it is the politicians' duty to await an exit deal that is not terrible for you.

And it is not an elite. It is your own politicians. Basically, a democratic extension of your own vote. You cannot blame them, blame the majority of your fellow men who voted for them and put them in office. 

Complaining about the "elite" is such a childish thing. It's what the have-nots do. They blame others except look at themselves. The losers and incels, the far-right adolescents,, the gammons and racists. Blame others! Always the others. "They" killed our fisheries, "they" took our soverignty, "they" won't sleep with me, "they" stopped an exit from the EU. Complain, complain, complain. So much easier to live your lives when you have someone else to blame for all the bad stuff that happens.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Oh, I'm sure you they'll all get thrown out of their constituencies next election - especially from Labour's northern-midlands heartlands. The Brexit Party will cut swathes across the north due to the abandonment of Brexit.

It is not abandoned, the politicians are probably intent on getting you out of the EU as long as a good agreement comes around. It just hasn't. 

What worries me a bit, though, is how petty and cold the communication between the two parties have become. I always expected the Brits to come to their senses at some point and scrap the idiocy of a Brexit, and all would be good. But this process has just resulted in a souring of the relationship between the EU and the UK, and I fear the EU wants you gone, too, now. You have really fucked up a good thing here. And the EU is to blame for this, too. So there will be no happy ending, I am afraid. 

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It is not abandoned, the politicians are probably intent on getting you out of the EU as long as a good agreement comes around. It just hasn't. 

What worries me a bit, though, is how petty and cold the communication between the two parties have become. I always expected the Brits to come to their senses at some point and scrap the idiocy of a Brexit, and all would be good. But this process has just resulted in a souring of the relationship between the EU and the UK, and I fear the EU wants you gone, too, now. You have really fucked up a good thing here. And the EU is to blame for this, too. So there will be no happy ending, I am afraid. 

And what deal is that precisely?

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The reason I ask is that Parliament has voted out every conceivable outcome of Brexit. There is nothing remaining. 

Then I suppose we will have to conclude that no good agreement can be reached, that you are better off within the EU, and that it has just been one long moronic ride.

Edited by SoulMonster

Aren't you meant to be on holiday, or certainly abroad, Soul. Instead you have returned to your usual atheist drivel and decided that your opinion is worth something on the Brexit debate? What a stupid way to fritter away one's hours abroad?

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Then I suppose we will have to conclude that no good agreement can be reached, that you are better off within the EU, and that it has just been one long moronic ride.

Nope. They voted against that also. As I said, ''every conceivable outcome of Brexit...''. This includes Revoking Article 50 and in effect ignoring the referendum.

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You're a great poster and everything Soulie and I've nothing against you as a person you understand by my God what a cunty thing to say :lol:

Thank you :) I think you are a great poster too, I like your often off-kilt approach to things and infinite knowledge on esoteric cultural things. And you are quite the funnyman. 

See, now I have shown I can be cordial across the class gulf and that my previous comments, those you found cunty, must be understood as a generalization and only targeting those who whine about "the elite" and not everyone else who happen to find themselves with the short stick in the draw of life (not that I think you have!). 

Edited by SoulMonster

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Aren't you meant to be on holiday, or certainly abroad, Soul. Instead you have returned to your usual atheist drivel and decided that your opinion is worth something on the Brexit debate? What a stupid way to fritter away one's hours abroad?

Nope. They voted against that also. As I said, ''every conceivable outcome of Brexit...''. This includes Revoking Article 50 and in effect ignoring the referendum.

Holiday? I actually tend to post more when travelling because I have more free time while in hotels and airports. Now I am bac home, though. 

Well, the politicians obviously disagree with you in regards to whether they have been presented with a good deal. Of course I haven't studied the specifics but I will have to conclude that the accumulated wisdom of your parliament is likely to be somewhat larger than yours, and hence that they likely made the right decision.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Thank you :) I think you are a great poster too, I like your often off-kilt approach to things and infinite knowledge on esoteric cultural things. And you are quite the funnyman. 

See, now I have shown I can be cordial across the class gulf and that my previous comments, those you found cunty, must be understood as a generalization and only targeting those who whine about "the elite" and not everyone else who happen to find themselves with the short stick in the draw of life. 

It becomes difficult to seperate these things, its not the first time you've made comments of that kind either, comments that write off great swathes of the population that ain't having a good time of it, the northern ghost towns and all that...and you're talking about people, real people, people that governments and government policy exist to serve, not to write off as the collateral damage of their cock-eyed dealings.

• Like 2

Just now, Len Cnut said:

It becomes difficult to seperate these things, its not the first time you've made comments of that kind either, comments that write off great swathes of the population that ain't having a good time of it, the northern ghost towns and all that...and you're talking about people, real people, people that governments and government policy exist to serve, not to write off as the collateral damage of their cock-eyed dealings.

You are being serious? 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Thank the lord we've cleared that one up.

Still, the reality is that no good agreement has been presented to them, and it is then their duty to pass. And hence you are wrong in claiming that they are ignoring the referendum. They are doing their best to accept an agreement that protects their constituents while also resulting in a Brexit :)

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Still, the reality is that no good agreement has been presented to them, and it is then their duty to pass. And hence you are wrong in claiming that they are ignoring the referendum. They are doing their best to accept an agreement that protects their constituents while also resulting in a Brexit :)

Nothing has been passed to them that they have agreed to. The Parliament is in utter deadlock and needs putting out of its sorry existence through a General Election.