British Politics

Gracii Guns

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I love how Wetherspoons have already lowered prices in order to prove that you have to leave the EU in order to lower prices. :lol: 

Their magazine is great for the Brexit lover. Plenty on how we'll thrive if you care to peruse when sipping your Ruddles. 

Good crossword also. You only win 'Spoons vouchers.

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Quoted because i knew something you didn't :P

You did. 

One thing I noticed in London is the way everybody just takes their pint on the street. You see this a bit in all cities including Newcastle, but it is stranger when you have all these stockbroker types in the business hub (where all those shardy gherkin crappy buildings are) having lunchtime pints on the pavement. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You did. 

One thing I noticed in London is the way everybody just takes their pint on the street. You see this a bit in all cities including Newcastle, but it is stranger when you have all these stockbroker types in the business hub (where all those shardy gherkin crappy buildings are) having lunchtime pints on the pavement. 

they have to re-pollute their lungs after being in air conditioned offices all day

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Their magazine is great for the Brexit lover. Plenty on how we'll thrive if you care to peruse when sipping your Ruddles. 

Good crossword also. You only win 'Spoons vouchers.

I was reading it the other week in my local and there was a feature on Brexit claiming to give an objective view from both sides of the argument. They had a number of articles written by leavers and remainers so that was a good start but all the articles also had a comment section written by Tim Martin explaining how all the Brexiteers articles were spot on and all the remainers were talking bollocks. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

I was reading it the other week in my local and there was a feature on Brexit claiming to give an objective view from both sides of the argument. They had a number of articles written by leavers and remainers so that was a good start but all the articles also had a comment section written by Tim Martin explaining how all the Brexiteers articles were spot on and all the remainers were talking bollocks. :lol: 

Man of absolute sense. Have you see that your lot, the remainers, instigated a ''Boycott 'Spoons'' campaign. Ehh, good luck with that.

He has chopped- off his mullet, Tim Martin. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

One thing about London is, how is there even such a thing as alcoholism or a drink problem in London? You couldn't afford it at a fiver a pint. I'd be teetotal if I lived in London.

Most places near me are about a fiver a pint if you don't include the local Spoons. It's pretty much the norm everywhere these days.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Man of absolute sense. Have you see that your lot, the remainers, instigated a ''Boycott 'Spoons'' campaign. Ehh, good luck with that.

I don't recall being part of such a thing. I mean principles are one thing but £3 for a pint of Stella is quite another. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I don't recall being part of such a thing. I mean principles are one thing but £3 for a pint of Stella is quite another. :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Most places near me are about a fiver a pint if you don't include the local Spoons. It's pretty much the norm everywhere these days.

I drink real ale which is cheaper so where I live it is basically £3.50-£4 in a normal pub, £2 in a 'spoons. I should have clarified that when discussing beer in London (I was drinking London Pride and shite like that). I shudder to think what a pint of wife beater is in London!! I have heard ''rumours'' of the £10 pint but never come across it.

£4-6 is fairly normal for a mass produced ''premium'' lager like Stella and Peroni I think (it has been that long since I drank that stuff) in the Toon.

Only £4.10 or something for a pint of London Pride in the Lord's Pavilion. Cheapest beer in London. They aren't ripping off the poshers.

1 hour ago, soon said:

What makes an Ale a Real Ale? Im not familiar with the term.

What Soul said except he should have said ''English''. ''English real ales''. 

Local cask ales basically. Ye olde English ales drank by ruddy faced portly individuals with grey beards - and me.

Edited by DieselDaisy

33 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Local cask ales basically. Ye olde English ales drank by ruddy faced portly individuals with grey beards - and me.

I went to a beer festival in Manchester once, great fun. Manchester probably have the best craft breweries in England now. Lots of great sours and NEIPAs and even beer with ice and chocolate sprinkles. You are lucky to live so close to Manchester. 

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I went to a beer festival in Manchester once, great fun. Manchester probably have the best craft breweries in England now. Lots of great sours and NEIPAs and even beer with ice and chocolate sprinkles. You are lucky to live so close to Manchester. 

Never been to Manchester except airport. 

34 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

And you :lol:

Ah, right, cask ales arent as sharply effervescent but still have a nice head iirc. I was looking through my brew log but couldnt find the categories in Souls description, haha. But cask is in there. Cellar temperature brews I think.

Here "local" is some new buzzword, but you've been doing it that way forever. Here the local breweries will sometimes "cask condition" some of their usual offerings to switch things up.

So stuff like Bass? Fullers ESB? As far as large scale export ones.