British Politics

Gracii Guns

1 hour ago, soon said:

What makes an Ale a Real Ale? Im not familiar with the term.

It's warm, flat and tastes like it was strained through a sumo wrestler's jockstrap. 

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Never been to Manchester except airport. 

I'm surprised you've never been to Old Trafford for the cricket.

Just now, Dazey said:

And cold. I can't stand warm beer. :vomit: 

Yeah, I agree. 

I also like traditional beer, btw, and Guinness is probably my favorite. It was eye-opening and inspiring to meet some Irish guys in Manchester once and see how they poured down Guinness. They had this system too, where they would alternate buying the next round, and timed it just so the head would fully settle by the time they finished the last bit of the previous beer so there wouldn't be a break in the drinking. Just beautiful to watch. True art.

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

It's warm, flat and tastes like it was strained through a sumo wrestler's jockstrap. 

I'm surprised you've never been to Old Trafford for the cricket.

Corporate and soulless. They have destroyed the museum and tradition of the place. The Lancs supporters are up in arms and have formed an ''action group''. So it is low on my list of grounds ''to do''. Edgebaston is a bit like that also but at least they still have the museum.

Next year I am eyeing up New Road and Trent Bridge unless Lord's pulls me in again, or we get Chesterfield in place of Derby.

My favourite outground, Chesterfield Cricket Club used by Derbyshire (the crooked spire in background which you can always glimpse if you are on the east coast train line),

Chesterfield-Crowd-1-2013-Large.jpg

Cheltenham College is also stunning. Completely unchanged since WG Grace played there in the 1890s,

image_5d35789312943.JPG&h=180&w=320&t=sq

Related image

It is like stepping back in time. 

Love outgrounds.

The word ''surrender'' sends the remainer MPs a bit nuts! The Liberals and SNP seem to have a meltdown when faced with the word. One even likened Boris's usage of the term ''surrender bill'' to the murder of Jo Cox (yes, I am confused as you are!). 

PS

I have often thought Brexit is a culture war. Not so much a class war as the difference cuts across class, but a clash of cultures between basically a people who look at a term such as ''surrender bill'' and get offended or a bit crazy, and people who look at it and don't. Just a theory that needs further development.

Edited by DieselDaisy

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The word ''surrender'' sends the remainer MPs a bit nuts! The Liberals and SNP seem to have a meltdown when faced with the word. One even likened Boris's usage of the term ''surrender bill'' to the murder of Jo Cox (yes, I am confused as you are!). 

So they're now using a dead MP to score points? They really are a despicable, bitter bunch. They're not right in the head.

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I was going to ask about Jo Cox. Because I didn't understand what was that all about. But you can't explain it either 

9 hours ago, Padme said:

I was going to ask about Jo Cox. Because I didn't understand what was that all about. But you can't explain it either 

Let's assume ''surrender/surrender bill'' is inflammatory speech. To any sane person it isn't but let's just assume that it is for sake of argument. The analogy is being made between Boris's language and a MP who was shot and stabbed to death - not on the receiving end of some particularly inflammatory language - by a member of the English far-right!

Yes, I'm none the wiser either!!! 

PS

''Humbug'' also haha. That is more Boris doing his Jeeves and Wooster impression, yet watch the snowflakes melt at the word!

Edited by DieselDaisy

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Let's assume ''surrender/surrender bill'' is inflammatory speech. To any sane person it isn't but let's just assume that it is for sake of argument. The analogy is being made between Boris's language and a MP who was shot and stabbed to death - not on the receiving end of some particularly inflammatory language - by a member of the English far-right!

Yes, I'm none the wiser either!!! 

I loved the way the more they whined on at him to stop using the term surrender/humiliation/capitulation bill, the more he kept dropping it in. :lol: Absolute masterclass wind-up from Boris.

3 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

I loved the way the more they whined on at him to stop using the term surrender/humiliation/capitulation bill, the more he kept dropping it in. :lol: Absolute masterclass wind-up from Boris.

Very Prime Ministerial of him I thought.

1 minute ago, bucketfoot said:

Remainers not liking the fact that their lot no longer have a Theresa May-shaped doormat to walk all over. Bless them.

Because trying to walk all over parliament has worked out so well for your lot in the last 24 hours. :lol: 

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

A question to remainers, is yesterday's fiasco why you wanted Parliament recalled, why you contested Boris's prorogation? More shouting, point scoring, barnyard noises and general silliness? We have had three years of this shite and you required more?

Better to have a Parliament in disarray than one illegally suspended. It is a matter of principles and not accepting anyone setting the law aside to further one's own political goals. Principles, Daisy. You know, those you ain't got.