Jump to content
Gracii Guns

British Politics

Recommended Posts

Just now, SoulMonster said:

One that isn't bad for the Brits? I dunno...

The reason I ask is that Parliament has voted out every conceivable outcome of Brexit. There is nothing remaining. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The reason I ask is that Parliament has voted out every conceivable outcome of Brexit. There is nothing remaining. 

 

Then I suppose we will have to conclude that no good agreement can be reached, that you are better off within the EU, and that it has just been one long moronic ride.

Edited by SoulMonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren't you meant to be on holiday, or certainly abroad, Soul. Instead you have returned to your usual atheist drivel and decided that your opinion is worth something on the Brexit debate? What a stupid way to fritter away one's hours abroad?

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Then I suppose we will have to conclude that no good agreement can be reached, that you are better off within the EU, and that it has just been one long moronic ride.

Nope. They voted against that also. As I said, ''every conceivable outcome of Brexit...''. This includes Revoking Article 50 and in effect ignoring the referendum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You're a great poster and everything Soulie and I've nothing against you as a person you understand by my God what a cunty thing to say :lol:

Thank you :) I think you are a great poster too, I like your often off-kilt approach to things and infinite knowledge on esoteric cultural things. And you are quite the funnyman. 

See, now I have shown I can be cordial across the class gulf and that my previous comments, those you found cunty, must be understood as a generalization and only targeting those who whine about "the elite" and not everyone else who happen to find themselves with the short stick in the draw of life (not that I think you have!). 

Edited by SoulMonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The reason I ask is that Parliament has voted out every conceivable outcome of Brexit. There is nothing remaining. 

 

Except for remaining. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Aren't you meant to be on holiday, or certainly abroad, Soul. Instead you have returned to your usual atheist drivel and decided that your opinion is worth something on the Brexit debate? What a stupid way to fritter away one's hours abroad?

Nope. They voted against that also. As I said, ''every conceivable outcome of Brexit...''. This includes Revoking Article 50 and in effect ignoring the referendum.

Holiday? I actually tend to post more when travelling because I have more free time while in hotels and airports. Now I am bac home, though. 

Well, the politicians obviously disagree with you in regards to whether they have been presented with a good deal. Of course I haven't studied the specifics but I will have to conclude that the accumulated wisdom of your parliament is likely to be somewhat larger than yours, and hence that they likely made the right decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Thank you :) I think you are a great poster too, I like your often off-kilt approach to things and infinite knowledge on esoteric cultural things. And you are quite the funnyman. 

See, now I have shown I can be cordial across the class gulf and that my previous comments, those you found cunty, must be understood as a generalization and only targeting those who whine about "the elite" and not everyone else who happen to find themselves with the short stick in the draw of life. 

It becomes difficult to seperate these things, its not the first time you've made comments of that kind either, comments that write off great swathes of the population that ain't having a good time of it, the northern ghost towns and all that...and you're talking about people, real people, people that governments and government policy exist to serve, not to write off as the collateral damage of their cock-eyed dealings.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dazey said:

Except for remaining. 

You are incorrect.

Revoking Article 50,

184 For

293 Against

- Indicative Votes, 27th March 2019

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I haven't studied the specifics

Thank the lord we've cleared that one up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Len Cnut said:

It becomes difficult to seperate these things, its not the first time you've made comments of that kind either, comments that write off great swathes of the population that ain't having a good time of it, the northern ghost towns and all that...and you're talking about people, real people, people that governments and government policy exist to serve, not to write off as the collateral damage of their cock-eyed dealings.

You are being serious? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

You are being serious? 

No, this is just the opening act, hang about, the jugglers are on next.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Thank the lord we've cleared that one up.

Still, the reality is that no good agreement has been presented to them, and it is then their duty to pass. And hence you are wrong in claiming that they are ignoring the referendum. They are doing their best to accept an agreement that protects their constituents while also resulting in a Brexit :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoulMonster said:

Still, the reality is that no good agreement has been presented to them, and it is then their duty to pass. And hence you are wrong in claiming that they are ignoring the referendum. They are doing their best to accept an agreement that protects their constituents while also resulting in a Brexit :)

Nothing has been passed to them that they have agreed to. The Parliament is in utter deadlock and needs putting out of its sorry existence through a General Election.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do y'all raise enough of your own chicken to keep your famous chicken takeout so inexpensive in a no deal Brexit?

Id base my vote on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soon said:

Do y'all raise enough of your own chicken to keep your famous chicken takeout so inexpensive in a no deal Brexit?

Id base my vote on that.

Darn tootin' we do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are incorrect.

Revoking Article 50,

184 For

293 Against

- Indicative Votes, 27th March 2019

Disagree. As I see it remain is the status quo and as long as the government can't figure out a decent way to leave we should stay as we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Labour bringing back Clause 4. Bet that will please Dazey. 

See I know you're being mean to me here but I'm not quite sure how. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nothing has been passed to them that they have agreed to. 

Because all that has been passed to them have been bad for you. They are doing their job. Don't blame them for protecting you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dazey said:

Disagree. As I see it remain is the status quo and as long as the government can't figure out a decent way to leave we should stay as we are.

There is nothing to disagree with me on. What I posted, the Commons rejecting the revocation of Article 50, 184 For, 293 Against (Indicative Votes, 27th March 2019), is indisputable fact. They actually originally voted for triggering Article 50, 494 For 122 Against (European Union [Notification of Withdrawal] Act 2017, 8 February 2017).

PS

The default position is actually withdrawing the EU on the 31st October. That is what needs to be overturned, either through another extension or deal. That is what the MPs voted for 494/122. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Because all that has been passed to them have been bad for you. They are doing their job. Don't blame them for protecting you.

Do you including the vote against revocation of Article 50 in that, as I disagree with the revocation of Article 50 thus paying lie to your theory?

 

Edited by DieselDaisy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Do you including the vote against revocation of Article 50 in that, as I disagree with the revocation of Article 50 thus paying lie to your theory?

I was talking about Brexit agreements, not reversing the process by revoking Article 50. Of course they shouldn't revoke Article 50 when there still is a chance to obtain a good Brexit agreement, that would be contradictory to the will of the people. Now, with a No Deal Brexit, something no one voted for, fast approaching, I think it would have been better to revoke although it does come with its own problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I was talking about Brexit agreements, not reversing the process by revoking Article 50. Of course they shouldn't revoke Article 50 when there still is a chance to obtain a good Brexit agreement, that would be contradictory to the will of the people. Now, with a No Deal Brexit, something no one voted for, fast approaching, I think it would have been better to revoke although it does come with its own problems. 

The only possible agreement, at least according to the organisation you so admire, is the one currently on the table, the (Barnier-May) Withdrawal Agreement.

Nope, they voted that down three times also.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The only possible agreement, at least according to the organisation you so admire, is the one currently on the table, the (Barnier-May) Withdrawal Agreement.

Nope, they voted that down three times also.

Then I trust it isn't good enough for the UK. So again, it is possible there is no theoretical agreement that would be good enough and hence it was a fools errand to even start this farce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Then I trust it isn't good enough for the UK. So again, it is possible there is no theoretical agreement that would be good enough and hence it was a fools errand to even start this farce.

I have said it once and I've said it before. We need a general election. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Those 17.4 million said they wanted out of the EU and they are not being ignored. There has been a continuous process these last three years trying to come to an agreement with the EU about an exit that isn't terrible. As it is, no such agreement has been reached and hence it is the politicians duty to not accept it. If the 17.4 million has said, "we want out at any cost" it would have been different through. But alas, they didn't and hence it is the politicians' duty to await an exit deal that is not terrible for you.

And it is not an elite. It is your own politicians. Basically, a democratic extension of your own vote. You cannot blame them, blame the majority of your fellow men who voted for them and put them in office. 

Complaining about the "elite" is such a childish thing. It's what the have-nots do. They blame others except look at themselves. The losers and incels, the far-right adolescents,, the gammons and racists. Blame others! Always the others. "They" killed our fisheries, "they" took our soverignty, "they" won't sleep with me, "they" stopped an exit from the EU. Complain, complain, complain. So much easier to live your lives when you have someone else to blame for all the bad stuff that happens.

'They' shouldn't have offered a referendum to the people, to make a decision on an issue and promise to implement the result, if 'they' didn't really intend to respect and honour that decision, when 'they' didn't agree with the outcome. Democracy is everything and 'they' shouldn't be allowed to steal it away when it suits them.

You also seem to be putting anyone who chose to vote Leave into a box marked 'losers', 'racist' and 'gammons' (whatever the fuck that means?) why not go for the full set and add 'stupid' and 'old' to the mix? Condescension is, after all, what self-righteous Remainers do best.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×