Gracii Guns

British Politics

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nope. The ends in that picture are cropped for a start, and the London crowd was filtered through streets, Whitehall and Westminster, which inherently reduces its demographic.

If you stuck that remainer mob on an expanse of land like Woodstock, they'd be a fraction of the above. 

Same is to be said for London footage - not every attendee was captured in frame. I watched the London march video and theres definitely more people in it than in this popular 'woodstock at its fullest' pick. (as you know the crowd basically continued to thin out as the disastrous event unfolded).

1 minute ago, soon said:

Same is to be said for London footage - not every attendee was captured in frame. I watched the London march video and theres definitely more people in it than in this popular 'woodstock at its fullest' pick. (as you know the crowd basically continued to thin out as the disastrous event unfolded).

I disagree. As I said, they were funneled through streets, not filling up a giant expanse of land like Woodstock.

It's two letters.

One asking for an extension that wasn't signed with a covering letter saying we have to send this.

A second letter saying we don't want an extension that is signed.

It'll be in court by Monday.

Edited by AtariLegend

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nope. The ends in that picture are cropped for a start, and the London crowd was filtered through streets, Whitehall and Westminster, which inherently reduces its demographic.

If you stuck that remainer mob on an expanse of land like Woodstock, they'd be a fraction of the above. 

Are we counting people or tents? There are loads of tents in the outer fields that must have at least two or three people in them.

2 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

It's two letters.

One asking for an extension that wasn't signed with a covering letter saying we have to send this.

A second letter saying we don't want an extension that is signed.

It'll be in courts by Monday.

What do you want out of this? What is your expected outcome? You're not getting a better deal than the one Boris has arranged! You (remainers) are actually annoying the EU now, the very thing you admire, who are as desperate for some closure as the British Breixteers are! 

Just now, spunko12345 said:

Are we counting people or tents? There are loads of tents in the outer fields that must have at least two or three people in them.

If you want to believe there were a million in Whitehall today it is certainly your prerogative but I respectfully disagree as I do with Soon and Soul also.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

What do you want out of this? What is your expected outcome? You're not getting a better deal than the one Boris has arranged! You (remainers) are actually annoying the EU now, the very thing you admire, who are as desperate for some closure as the British Breixteers are! 

If you want to believe there were a million in Whitehall today it is certainly your prerogative but I respectfully disagree as I do with Soon and Soul also.

Whatever way you voted three years ago I think it's turned into a complete mess and that ruddy cheeked pig fucker should be held accountable. 

• Like 2

Harassing Rees-Mogg and Mini-Mogg. Nice touch from the Remoaners.

What a bunch of fucking cretins.

2 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Whatever way you voted three years ago I think it's turned into a complete mess and that ruddy cheeked pig fucker should be held accountable. 

Ewe’re one to fucking talk! :lol: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Ewe’re one to fucking talk! :lol: 

I've had more of your hot dinners than you've had hot dinners 😄

I just made that up on the spot😄

Edited by spunko12345
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Harassing Rees-Mogg and Mini-Mogg. Nice touch from the Remoaners.

What a bunch of fucking cretins.

Why did big Mog bring little Mog to parliament today? Its not bring your fucking Mog to work day.

It's a pretty emotive vote they were having and he must have known there would be protests. Shame on him for using his child to suck cretins like you in. I know though i know, you don't care. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Why did big Mog bring little Mog to parliament today? Its not bring your fucking Mog to work day.

It's a pretty emotive vote they were having and he must have known there would be protests. Shame on him for using his child to suck cretins like you in. I know though i know, you don't care. 

I was quite enjoying your post until I noticed you'd called me a cretin.

Very hurtful, that was.

7 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Why did big Mog brig little Mog to parliamet today? Its ot brig your fuckig Mog to work day.

I think the “n” is bollocksed on you computer fella. :lol: 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

I was quite enjoying your post until I noticed you'd called me a cretin.

Very hurtful, that was.

Don't take the piss please, not in this thread. This thread is for politics and politics only not joking around.

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I think the “n” is bollocksed on you computer fella. :lol: 

That goes for you too you fat cunt fairs fair 😄

Edited by spunko12345

3 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Don't take the piss please, not in this thread. This thread is for politics and politics only not joking around.

Fair enough. I won't take the piss and will accept your slip of the tongue due to the fact you appear to be Welsh and therefore, probably not very bright.

8 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

That goes for you too you fat cunt fairs fair 😄

Literally making a mong joke and you couldn't bring yourself to join in could you you Taff cunt? :lol: 

I think Brexit has sent Spunko mad.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think Brexit has sent Spunko mad.

I think it has a bit. 

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You're a fan of opinion polling? Correct? Well we had a biggy a few days ago,

I am a fan of democracy ;). Leaving the EU now, three years after the referendum, would erode its democratic legitimacy and likely sour public discourse for generations. If it is true that people haven't been moved, then let's do another referendum. It will present the people with a clear choice between the latest withdrawal agreement and remaining, and not the vague "should we remain or leave?" from 2016. A desire to leave can be acted upon immediately since the agreement is there. No one can complain about the process and hopefully this will be a closure and the starting point for unification. Whereas leaving now, after this mess, will be a dividing thing and you won't get over it for generations.

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You're a fan of opinion polling? Correct? Well we had a biggy a few days ago,

The trend from opinion polling is merely that the leavers have become more entrenched, whilst the remainers have become more entrenched. There is no evidence of a swing from leave to remain. 

More on this: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/three-years-on-brexit-poll-puts-leave-ahead-by-8-points-pbwlctw7d

And regarding that poll. It is wrong to say the result was "50 % leave" and "42 % remain". In reality it was "42 % remain", "30 % leave with a deal," and "20 % leave without deal". This likely means that if it stood between "remain or leave with deal" it would be 42-50, while if it stood between "remain or leave without deal" it would be up to 72-20. What it would have been if the 2016 question was repeated (leave or remain) is impossibly to say but it certainly wouldn't be 42-50 because some of those who would only vote leave if a deal was presented would when presented with only those two choices now vote remain to avoid pushing for a no-deal, implying that the people don't want to leave on any cost.

Furthermore, looking at one poll out of 226 polls that have been conducted is a bit misleading:

"Two hundred and four out of 226 polls showed Remain in the lead, with 15 tied and just seven for Leave. Seventy four of those polls were taken in 2019, when only one poll favoured Leave.

The reality of public sentiment is in stark contrast to Boris Johnson's claims that the public just want to "get Brexit done", or indeed that we are gearing up for a 'people vs parliament' general election.

Anthony Wells, director of political research at YouGov, told the Evening Standard: "The polling evidence is concrete. The overwhelming majority of questions asking people if Brexit is right or wrong, or if they would now vote Remain or Leave, show a lead for Remain, and have done for over two years.

"The characterisation of the situation as people vs parliament doesn't really stand up when the public are split over Brexit. It is more a case of half the public vs half of parliament."

Source: https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/evening-standard-yougov-poll-of-polls-back-remain-1-6314232

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I am a fan of democracy

Then if you're a fan of democracy you should respect the result of the 2016 ''once in a generation'' referendum.

EHTmstLXYAArEcb?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by DieselDaisy

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I am a fan of democracy ;). Leaving the EU now, three years after the referendum, would erode its democratic legitimacy and likely sour public discourse for generations. If it is true that people haven't been moved, then let's do another referendum. It will present the people with a clear choice between the latest withdrawal agreement and remaining, and not the vague "should we remain or leave?" from 2016. A desire to leave can be acted upon immediately since the agreement is there. No one can complain about the process and hopefully this will be a closure and the starting point for unification. Whereas leaving now, after this mess, will be a dividing thing and you won't get over it for generations.

They have failed to honour the last referendum, after being re-elected on manifestos stating they would honour it. Why should they be trusted to honour the next one if the result is the same?

Leavers shouldn't have to accept having to win twice for their victory to count, when I'm sure Remainers will only need to win once.

A second referendum should not be an option until the result of the first one has been implemented.