British Politics

Gracii Guns

I know where @Len Cnut  is coming from, its so hard to know whats genuine information to base your vote on and what is complete bollocks when everyone is telling you different things and it's all contradicting. 

I think voting has got to change. I can't be expected to vote on ALL of it. The economy, the welfare state, education, defence  even fucking Broadband now. I failed Gcse maths why, the, FUCK am I allowed in my one all capsulating vote allowef a say on one of the biggest economies in Europe? (That's if it even is, shows what I know).

We need to divide up what we can vote on. I get a say on issues local to me that's all I want.  I never asked to decide on Brexit, I am ridiculously unqualified to make a descision on that other than a vague hunch and that probably goes for most people. I think its a bit of a psychopath trait to assert your 100% right one way or the other because you CANT possibly know.

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

But I didn't say that. That is a lie of Soul Monster-esque proportions. If I did say that, you shouldn't have much trouble finding the quote....

Funnily enough, I remember the discussion exactly as Dazey recounted it. He lectured you on the economic aspects, refuting all the nonsense you posted, and eventually you admitted not caring about the economy anyway, you were more focused on the legal systems or some insignificant rubbish like that. 

44 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I know where @Len Cnut  is coming from, its so hard to know whats genuine information to base your vote on and what is complete bollocks when everyone is telling you different things and it's all contradicting. 

I think voting has got to change. I can't be expected to vote on ALL of it. The economy, the welfare state, education, defence  even fucking Broadband now. I failed Gcse maths why, the, FUCK am I allowed in my one all capsulating vote allowef a say on one of the biggest economies in Europe? (That's if it even is, shows what I know).

We need to divide up what we can vote on. I get a say on issues local to me that's all I want.  I never asked to decide on Brexit, I am ridiculously unqualified to make a descision on that other than a vague hunch and that probably goes for most people. I think its a bit of a psychopath trait to assert your 100% right one way or the other because you CANT possibly know.

But that's the idea with representative democracies, right. We vote on politicians with values and ideas that align with ours and expect them to then more or less act in our best interests. We basically outsource democratic decisions to our representatives. Only rarely do we get to vote directly on issues, and then only because they are so important that the inherent inaccuracy of representative democracy is not acceptable. If you feel you aren't up to the task of voting, just abstain. The fact that you are so acute to individual limitations suggests to me it isn't intelligence that stops you but humbleness. 

38 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I get a say on issues local to me that's all I want

Yes, that's exactly what you should do. Keep in mind that you don't technically vote for Boris or Corbyn. You vote for the cunt running in YOUR constituency. So you ask that wanker about local issues.  

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Funnily enough, I remember the discussion exactly as Dazey recounted it. He lectured you on the economic aspects, refuting all the nonsense you posted, and eventually you admitted not caring about the economy anyway, you were more focused on the legal systems or some insignificant rubbish like that. 

I'll repeat what I said to Dazey then: you shouldn't have much trouble finding the quote...

The two of you are colossal liars. 

(In reality my opposition to the EU is multifaceted, judicial, political, cultural and economic etc).

Edited by DieselDaisy

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'll repeat what I said to Dazey then: you shouldn't have much trouble finding the quote...

(In reality my opposition to the EU is multifaceted, judicial, political, cultural and economic etc).

I think I will pass. The fact that I remember it like Dazey is good enough confirmation for me. You would just end up moving goalposts and changing the topic anyway. Not a rabbit hole I want to jump into. 

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Problem is when pushed on the "economic" you didn't have a clue what you were on about and when pushed further said you didn't care about it anyway.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I think I will pass. The fact that I remember it like Dazey is good enough confirmation for me. You would just end up moving goalposts and changing the topic anyway. Not a rabbit hole I want to jump into. 

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Problem is when pushed on the "economic" you didn't have a clue what you were on about and when pushed further said you didn't care about it anyway.

If true, you shouldn't have any problem quoting it then....

5 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I remember you posting it you bald arsehole. 

If you are going to be wrong you may as well compound it with another error I suppose? It is actually comical how wrong you are on the latter point as my sister is an ex-hairdresser and always pestering me to get my hair cut as it currently is a sort of overgrown messy Beatles mop. 

• Haha 1

Feels like all hope is lost, unless the polls are as wrong as they were last time.

Labour surge seemed on, but only in safe seats they were going to win anyway. Seems like they'll run wild in London, but lose the Midlands and the North. They also seem to be going backwards in Scotland too.

Successfully unseat Ian Duncan Smith, but lose 40 or more seats in the process. Then again the pollsters are almost always wrong.

I really hope Labour go the same way in the rest of the heartlands as they have in Scotland and get wiped out. That would be all they deserve for betraying their core voters. Wankers.

On 06/12/2019 at 9:50 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Definite marriage material.

If Brexit occurs, Farage will found a new political party called The Reform Party which aims to abolish the House of Lords and reform the electoral process.  

15 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Blair and Major doing the duo thing again.

With Michael Heseltine as the support act.

Urgh.

I couldn't think of three more detestable specimens. 

PS

Labour now pulling out their celebrity-comedian fans, Steve Coogan and Eddie Izzard - no doubt Grant from Eastenders and Captain Picard are not far behind? I cannot think of anything that would make me less liable to vote for Labour than Eddie Izzard!

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1