Gracii Guns

British Politics

11 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Graeme, Graeme, Graeme *tuts and shakes his head* :lol:

Don't bring me into this :lol: . Believing Scotland would be better governing itself =/= signing up to a cult of personality around any political leader. 

On 19/11/2019 at 9:19 PM, AtariLegend said:

Dazey, honestly... why does England hate the rest of us? Why do you keep inflicting these people upon us?

There is a solution... leave the union :P .

• Like 1

If this doesn't swing the polls, nothing will.

Corbyn done well, though the Bolvia question was akward.

Sturgeon will be happy.

Swinson was a car crash. Savage.

Johnson is a mess. How is this person running the country? Just lies, lies and more lies.

6 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

If this doesn't swing the polls, nothing will.

Surely Poles swinging is a bit of a touchy subject for Corbyn? Well some of them anyway. 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Surely Poles swinging is a bit of a touchy subject for Corbyn? Well some of them anyway. 

Seriously though, whatever you or I think of him, he's the only hope to stop brexit.

Doesn't need to win, just needs to stop Boris from getting 320 ish plus.

If Labour aren't mid 30s in the polls next weekend, then this is already over.

fyi There was a Farage one on Monday.

It was 30 minutes of Corbynistas asking Farage why he's a racist.

Pretty amusing, though the Swinson one tonight was more painful.

I don't understand why any remainer would vote for Corbyn, a Brexiteer who has spent the entire time sitting on the fence on the subject, and has no coherent plan on Brexit but some bollocks about customs union. Clearly the Liberal Democrats are the best option for remain if Brexit is your primary concern? 

13 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Seriously though, whatever you or I think of him, he's the only hope to stop brexit.

Doesn't need to win, just needs to stop Boris from getting 320 ish plus.

If Labour aren't mid 30s in the polls next weekend, then this is already over.

Corbyn doesn't stop Brexit all by himself. The time for a second referendum has passed. There is a Brexit deal now. Both the UK and the EU need stability. 

9 minutes ago, Padme said:

Corbyn doesn't stop Brexit all by himself. The time for a second referendum has passed. There is a Brexit deal now. Both the UK and the EU need stability. 

It's not about Corbyn, if there was a hung parliment again it'd be a second referendum. That's the reality. The conservatives would not be able to block it.

A hung parliment doesn't happen if the Conservatives take much more seats than they lose.

As for this deal, you do realize it's basically just a hard brexit, harder than May's deal? Aside from that the Torries would basically have until the middle of next year if this deal passed to agree a trade deal in record breaking time, unless they want to extend the extension which Boris keeps saying he won't. Which basically means the news will be filled with talk about no deal next december too and likely years.

This deal passing, doesn't end the process. It just means Brexit cannot be called if it is.

18 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

if there was a hung parliment again it'd be a second referendum. That's the reality.

There is a deal in place. Parliament has passed it already. 

29 minutes ago, Padme said:

No it hasn’t. 

55 minutes ago, Padme said:

Nope.

They only voted to take it to the next reading stage. Which although further than where May got it, meant that it was the point where changes could be put down.

They also voted to get rid off Johnson's timetable demand that everything was voted on in 3 days with as little discussion as possible of the details. Yes Brexit had been talked about non stop for years, but that was the first time to actually see what was written down. 

It's very likely given the timetable of 3 days being blocked that a customs union would have ended up attached, that's why Boris decided to pull the deal before the election vote.

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

No it hasn’t. 

49 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Nope.

They only voted to take it to the next reading stage. Which although further than where May got it, meant that it was the point where changes could be put down.

They also voted to get rid off Johnson's timetable demand that everything was voted on in 3 days with as little discussion as possible of the details. Yes Brexit had been talked about non stop for years, but that was the first time to actually see what was written down. 

It's very likely given the timetable of 3 days being blocked that a customs union would have ended up attached, that's why Boris decided to pull the deal before the election vote.

My mistake. I thought everything was done by now.  I guess it is because I really want this thing to be over once and for all.

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why would anyone actually desire a hung parliament. It is torture! 

Hang the bloody lot of them I say! :lol: 

Further on Corbyn's euroscepticism, even now, at this late stage, with 99% of Labour in ardent remainer mode, Corbyn still says he'd be ''neutral'' during a second referendum. 

3 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Hang the bloody lot of them I say! :lol: 

Apart from Priti. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why would anyone actually desire a hung parliament. It is torture! 

Because a little bit of "torture" is better than a future outside of the EU.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Because a little bit of "torture" is better than a future outside of the EU.

To desire a hung parliament is to desire a continuation of the situation we've had since 2017 and (essentially) a minority government: constitutional paralysis on Brexit. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

To desire a hung parliament is to desire a continuation of the situation we've had since 2017 and (essentially) a minority government: constitutional paralysis on Brexit. 

Not paying attention? It could be a desire to get a second referendum and avoid the catastrophe that is Brexit.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Not paying attention? It could be a desire to get a second referendum

Then you would require a majority on a second referendum.

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

avoid the catastrophe that is Brexit.

If you keep repeating this rubbish, it doesn't make it true. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Then you would require a majority on a second referendum.

Of course. And the majority of polls indicate that the majority of people want to remain.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Of course. And the majority of polls indicate that the majority of people want to remain.

That is not true.

• Haha 1

Irrespective, the Conservatives will obtain a majority and the United Kingdom will depart the European Union under the deal negotiated by Boris Johnson. I have predicted the outcome of every election correctly since 1997, including the 2015 election which everyone predicted would be a hung parliament.