Jump to content
Gracii Guns

British Politics

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is not true.

We've been through this before :D Are you drinking?

Quote

Following the referendum in the United Kingdom on its membership of the European Union on 23 June 2016, polling companies continued to use standard questions in order to gauge public opinion on the country's relationship with the EU. Opinion polling overall showed an initial fall in support for Brexit from the referendum to late 2016, when responses were split evenly between support and opposition. Support rose again to a plurality until the 2017 General Election. Since then, opinion polls have tended to show a plurality of support for remaining in the EU or for the view that Brexit was a mistake, with the estimated margin increasing until a small decrease in 2019 (to 53% Remain : 47% Leave, as of October 2019).

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_on_the_United_Kingdom's_membership_of_the_European_Union_(2016–present)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

You ended up back at wikipedia after that lengthy search?

In reality the polling is producing results as close as the original referendum. There is no evidence of a mighty swing towards remain. The people who voted leave seem to have become more entrenched and the people who voted remain seem to have become more entrenched. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brexit is so boring. Not even BoJos buffoonery can save it. Priti on the other hand...

d6JbkZD.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

You ended up back at wikipedia after that lengthy search?

In reality the polling is producing results as close as the original referendum. There is no evidence of a mighty swing towards remain. The people who voted leave seem to have become more entrenched and the people who voted remain seem to have become more entrenched. 

Again, we have been through this before. I can only assume your cognitive abilities are impaired from being pickled in alcohol.

Fact is that a majority of polls show a significant majority for remain. 

No one said anything about a "mighty swing", this is just you moving goalposts when you are proven to be wrong.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoulMonster said:

Fact is that a majority of polls show a significant majority for remain. 

No they don't. Even the wikipedia quotation you produced produces only 53% for remain haha. Stop lying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

No they don't. Even the wikipedia quotation you produced produces only 53% for remain haha. Stop lying. 

You don't know what "significant" means in statistics? Big surprise there :lol:

Let's discuss when you've sobered up. This is even more ridiculous than normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, soon said:

Brexit is so boring. Not even BoJos buffoonery can save it. Priti on the other hand...

d6JbkZD.jpg

Nice bit of nipple there. Hats off, sir!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You don't know what "significant" means in statistics? Big surprise there :lol:

Let's discuss when you've sobered up. This is even more ridiculous than normal.

Let's face it, you are bored because you haven't had your daily argument, Soul, and considering you pissed everyone off on the Guns board you have decided to reprise the same argument you've had with me often. Find something more useless with your time than creating arguments with everybody. Evening classes in knitting perhaps?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Let's face it, you are bored because you haven't had your daily argument, Soul, and considering you pissed everyone off on the Guns board you have decided to reprise the same argument you've had with me often. Find something more useless with your time than creating arguments with everybody. Evening classes in knitting perhaps?

No, I noticed you seemed to not understand why people wanted a hung parliament even though it had just been explained in this very thread a couple of posts before, so I told you it was because of a desire to have a second referendum to which you generously shared from your superior understanding of the basics of voting that that would require a majority in the second referendum. I pointed out that indeed, the majority wants to remain, and that this is something we've been through before. You refused to accept the fact that the majority wants to remain so I hooked you up to a wikipedia page with all the required information in the naive hope that it would now sink in and inhabit your addled brain. After your failed - but understandable - attempt at now moving the goalposts to this being a discussion about there not being a mighty swing in the direction of remain, I still pointed out that a "mighty swing" is not required, only a majority and that the polls do indeed show a significant majority for remain, to which you amusingly pointed out that you don't understand the difference between "significant" and "substantial". And then you complained about me. Just you in a nutshell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, I noticed you seemed to not understand why people wanted a hung parliament even though it had just been explained in this very thread a couple of posts before, so I told you it was because of a desire to have a second referendum to which you generously shared from your superior understanding of the basics of voting that that would require a majority in the second referendum. I pointed out that indeed, the majority wants to remain, and that this is something we've been through before. You refused to accept the fact that the majority wants to remain so I hooked you up to a wikipedia page with all the required information in the naive hope that it would now sink in and inhabit your addled brain. After your failed - but understandable - attempt at now moving the goalposts to this being a discussion about there not being a mighty swing in the direction of remain, I still pointed out that a "mighty swing" is not required, only a majority and that the polls do indeed show a significant majority for remain, to which you amusingly pointed out that you don't understand the difference between "significant" and "substantial". And then you complained about me. Just you in a nutshell.

It is all opinion polling, the same opinion polling that produced a Hung Parliament in 2015 and had Neil Kinnock as Prime Minster in the 1980s! There was a poll in 2016 which was not an opinion poll but a democratic national referendum, in which leave won. 

It is all nonsense regardless as for there to be a second referendum, there would need to be a majority for a second referendum. What will happen instead is that the Conservatives will form a majority and pass Boris's deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not politics, but I decided to watch the first episode of War of the Worlds that aired on bbc 1 last weekend. Had tapped it, but not got around to it.

It's one of the most boring pilots I've ever seen. 

Can't believe the tv license went on it and I'm a sci fi buff.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Not politics, but I decided to watch the first episode of War of the Worlds that aired on bbc 1 last weekend. Had tapped it, but not got around to it.

It's one of the most boring pilots I've ever seen. 

Can't believe the tv license went on it and I'm a sci fi buff.

The aliens all die of space AIDS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dazey said:

The aliens all die of space AIDS. 

Not in the bbc adaption imo, pretty sure the viewer jumps out the window if they watch the whole series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly couldn't give a fuck about Andrew, nounce or not.

This is the most important election of our life time and when the Torries win that'll mean basically 5 decades where the only one to win an election that wasn't a tory was blair. Every single pm in this country that's won since Maggie Thatcher was backed by Murdoch.

To make matter worse, after 9 years of attacking the disabled, homeless, poor, doctors, teachers and the nhs close to 50% of this population is really going to vote for another term?

Fuck you England.

Edited by AtariLegend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, soon said:

Brexit is so boring. Not even BoJos buffoonery can save it. Priti on the other hand...

d6JbkZD.jpg

Fuck me she looks strong as an ox 😂

Look at that jaw!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Labour hadn't chosen somebody who is an utter tit they'd have a chance: it is not as if the Conservatives are popular, whilst Boris is a Marmite figure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

I honestly couldn't give a fuck about Andrew, nounce or not.

This is the most important election of our life time and when the Torries win that'll mean basically 5 decades where the only one to win an election that wasn't a tory was blair. Every single pm in this country that's won since Maggie Thatcher was backed by Murdoch.

To make matter worse, after 9 years of attacking the disabled, homeless, poor, doctors, teachers and the nhs close to 50% of this population is really going to vote for another term?

Fuck you England.

Fuck yourself!!

DUP, 2017: 36%/10 MPs, confidence-and-supply being the result (which basically has given the Tories a slender majority). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

Fuck me she looks strong as an ox 😂

Look at that jaw!!

She had a bit of weight on her then. Cushion for the pushing. This is her now,

 

Edited by DieselDaisy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

To make matter worse, after 9 years of attacking the disabled, homeless, poor, doctors, teachers and the nhs close to 50% of this population is really going to vote for another term?

Well, the Lib. Dem. in their infinte wisdom :rolleyes: made a deal with Cameron. :shrugs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Padme said:

Well, the Lib. Dem. in their infinte wisdom :rolleyes: made a deal with Cameron. :shrugs:

The worse thing is, I'd have leaned Lib Dem before 2010.

Charles Kennedy was one of the few politicans I admired when I was a teenager. In 2010 Clegg effectively had them abbadoned everything appealing about them and litterally fuck over everyone.

Swinson during that peroid litterally voted more line with the conservative whip than a who's who of the current conservative cabinet. The whole idea of saying you want rid off student fees, get elected then treble them with the Tories is actually one of the lesser evils they commited.

I'd never trust Lib Dem again.

Edited by AtariLegend
phone typing spell errors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

She had a bit of weight on her then. Cushion for the pushing. This is her now,

 

Fair play she is fit. Something kinky about shagging a domineering Tory. I'd suggest some role play if me and Priti hooked up. I could be an out of work miner and she could be the pit boss who I have to perform sexual favours for to get paid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Fair play she is fit. Something kinky about shagging a domineering Tory. I'd suggest some role play if me and Priti hooked up. I could be an out of work miner and she could be the pit boss who I have to perform sexual favours for to get paid. 

Makes a change from sucking off Arthur Scargill I guess. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Makes a change from sucking off Arthur Scargill I guess. :lol: 

She would treat me like dirt....and I'd fucking love it 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I honestly couldn't give a fuck about Andrew, nounce or not.

This is the most important election of our life time and when the Torries win that'll mean basically 5 decades where the only one to win an election that wasn't a tory was blair. Every single pm in this country that's won since Maggie Thatcher was backed by Murdoch.

To make matter worse, after 9 years of attacking the disabled, homeless, poor, doctors, teachers and the nhs close to 50% of this population is really going to vote for another term?

Fuck you England.

Nobody else knows how to win like the Tories, they are completely and utterly ruthless in their pursuit of power.

Labour, on the other hand.... are fucking inept.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×