British Politics

Gracii Guns

25 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

...voted for my favourite IRA supporting antisemite.

Is the pencil attached to a string because of scousers?

End of the day I couldn't bring myself to vote for this baboon.

_102843402_fc1218eb-0976-4627-898c-bf943

I'm in a safe Tory seat anyway so it was more of a protest vote than anything else.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dazey said:

End of the day I couldn't bring myself to vote for this baboon.

_102843402_fc1218eb-0976-4627-898c-bf943

I'm in a safe Tory seat anyway so it was more of a protest vote than anything else.

Just don't bother voting then. That is what I'm doing.

Incidentally, Boris is pondering on abolishing the licence fee. I know you are a supporter of that cause?

Edited by DieselDaisy

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

All these political debates you have, all the extensive knowledge (which must take a fuckload of fuckin' like...y'know, studying, listening, reading etc), all the pretty solid opinions and feelings about the candidates and you're not gonna vote?  I mean correct me if I'm wrong but your position has been, from what I can gather, in this particular race, the Tories will be the one that will benefit the nation more if they get in, so why would you not vote? 

17 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

All these political debates you have, all the extensive knowledge (which must take a fuckload of fuckin' like...y'know, studying, listening, reading etc), all the pretty solid opinions and feelings about the candidates and you're not gonna vote?  I mean correct me if I'm wrong but your position has been, from what I can gather, in this particular race, the Tories will be the one that will benefit the nation more if they get in, so why would you not vote? 

The only thing I find appealing about a Tory majority is that it would now push through Brexit, a softish Brexit deal negotiated with the EU I might add. The stalemate, the political deadlock, would thus be broken. But don't forget it was only a few months ago when the Tories were led by Theresa May and stuffed full of remainers, Letwin, Grieve, Ken Clark. The Tories have been as infected with remainism as Labour. 

You also have to remember that my vote is an utter waste of time because of FPTP. I live in the very definition of a tribe voting ''northern Labour heartland''. When people say ''northern Labour heartland'', or ''northern working class heartland'', they might very well be discussing my constituency. It is as fixed as the seasons, Labour winning here. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The only thing I find appealing about a Tory majority is that it would now push through Brexit, a softish Brexit deal negotiated with the EU I might add. The stalemate, the political deadlock, would thus be broken. But don't forget it was only a few months ago when the Tories were led by Theresa May and stuffed full of remainers, Letwin, Grieve, Ken Clark. The Tories have been as infected with remainism as Labour. 

So by that rationale you should be voting Tory, if only to push through Brexit and get out of the EU that you dislike.  Why the fuck am I encouraging you to vote here? :lol:  I’m not really, it just surprises me that you’d be so into a thing and hold pretty definite opinions about it but then not give a fuck too.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

So by that rationale you should be voting Tory, if only to push through Brexit and get out of the EU that you dislike.  Why the fuck am I encouraging you to vote here? :lol:  I’m not really, it just surprises me that you’d be so into a thing and hold pretty definite opinions about it but then not give a fuck too.

I edited another bit.

When I look down the list of parties I can feel no discernible motivation for voting for any of them. Who do you want me to vote for here, Len? Labour and Conservatives are both elitist parties stuffed full of stockbroking liberal London luvvies and EU federalists. Their brand of politics has no reflection on me or my area.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Incidentally, Boris is pondering on abolishing the licence fee. I know you are a supporter of that cause?

Doesn't make any difference to me. I've not paid it in about 5 years. :lol: 

My logic is that voting Labour shows I don't agree with Boris while still not really helping Jezza all that much. 

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

My logic is that voting Labour shows I don't agree with Boris while still not really helping Jezza all that much. 

Doesn't seem worth getting out of bed in the morning for, plus you'll always have that vote on your conscience. Every terrorist movement going, Jezza has supported at some stage. Literally his political career is a list of various nefarious - usually anti-British - movements he has supported at some stage. A very dangerous individual. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Ronnie replaced by frizzy haired lady,

4doBTrjs_400x400.jpg

Last time Ronnie got in with 55% (Tories 36%). I suspect it'll be more like 50% - a significant swing away but still a reasonably comfortable Labour hold. We'll see how right I am soon enough...

As if she's called Susan DUNGWORTH! :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You also have to remember that my vote is an utter waste of time because of FPTP. I live in the very definition of a tribe voting ''northern Labour heartland''. When people say ''northern Labour heartland'', or ''northern working class heartland'', they might very well be discussing my constituency. It is as fixed as the seasons, Labour winning here. 

Doesn't look like it's THAT much of a safe seat based on latest polling.

weNlqcY.jpg 

11 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Doesn't look like it's THAT much of a safe seat based on latest polling.

weNlqcY.jpg 

Safe as could be. As I said earlier, they'll drop a few to The Brexit Party because this is a heavy leave area and they had this weird affiliation with big ugly Ronnie, but if you stuck a red rosette on a donkey, the people here would vote for it.

Here is a detailed electoral history of Blyth Valley since 1950 to the present day, 

Labour haha. 

(And before that it was part of Morpeth which was - you guessed it - Labour stretching back to 1918). 

It has basically been Labour since 1918!!

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why are you so sure they are voting Labour this time? Corbyn made it clear he would negotiate a new deal with the EU. And he also made clear there will be people's vote. People in your constituency don't know about this?  This election is not about tradition

So when does it start becoming obvious whoose in front and when is it all counted up and nailed on?  Tommorow morning innit?  Has there ever been an election in this country that has been found to be bent?  I mean like fixed.  Dies', you're the history kiddie around here.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

So when does it start becoming obvious whoose in front and when is it all counted up and nailed on?  Tommorow morning innit?  Has there ever been an election in this country that has been found to be bent?  I mean like fixed.  Dies', you're the history kiddie around here.

10:00 PM tonight we should know. They can't release any data before that in case it influences the vote.

chartoftheday_20272_how_accurate_are_uk_

Edited by Dazey

6 hours ago, Padme said:

Why are you so sure they are voting Labour this time? Corbyn made it clear he would negotiate a new deal with the EU. And he also made clear there will be people's vote. People in your constituency don't know about this?  This election is not about tradition

You still don't grasp the tribalism in British politics. My constituency has been Labour since 1918. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

It always starts in Sunderland for some reason.

There is a big concern about postal votes right now, students registering in two different addresses and naturally voting for Corbs; some of them have been quite unapologetic about this on twitter! The registration is surprisingly lax. 

Given where the seats in play are, the bellweather seats might be misleading. So there's a decent chance the exit poll will be more off than normal.

Lots of claims on social media about record turnout in London seats and some marginals. Might be good if not for the fact, Labour need to hold the line in the North and Midlands to prevent a Conservative win. Supposedly betting odds on a hung parly are dropping.

The EU ref told me to be gloomy, so I expect the worse. However I'm hopeful that IDS is at least gone.

Tried to talk to some of my relatives in a certain famous bellweather seat and I got the impression they weren't voting. Which ironically may be a good thing.

1 minute ago, AtariLegend said:

Given where the seats in play are, the bellweather seats might be misleading. So there's a decent chance the exit poll will be more off than normal.

Lots of claims on social media about record turnout in London seats and some marginals. Might be good if not for the fact, Labour need to hold the line in the North and Midlands to prevent a Conservative win. Supposedly betting odds on a hung parly are dropping.

The EU ref told me to be gloomy, so I expect the worse. However I'm hopeful that IDS is at least gone.

Tried to talk to some of my relatives in a certain famous bellweather seat and I got the impression they weren't voting. Which ironically may be a good thing.

I’m hoping Raab gets the boot. 

• Like 1