British Politics

Gracii Guns

Just now, Padme said:

Who else is going to clean this huge mess? :shrugs:

The UK is NEVER going to vote for a left wing government. Blair did it by moving to the centre. I've been banging on about this since Ed Milliband had his arse handed to him. This is all on Corbyn and his cronies and Labour really need to have a word with themselves.

• GNFNR 1

I wonder if Priti will visit my constituency now?

The antisemitism and terrorist stuff has followed Corbyn round like a bad smell. And you then have his policy on Brexit which is the very definition of fence sitting. In fairness to Boris he ran a good ''Boris like'' campaign replete with JCBs and dogs and bumbling - I even think his interview dodging was tactically clever. I have said it before but Boris is far more popular among the general British public than he is with the liberal media such as the Guardian, BBC and Channel 4 - celebrities also. I actually think the more the chattering classes hammer Boris, the less effective it is with the general public. Even his shagging and lying is seen as more an amusing thing rather than something to crucify him with. 

4 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

If that exit poll is even close to being correct, that is absolutely hideous for Labour.

Word of caution. The exits were wrong in 1992 and 2015.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

By over 40 constituencies? 

Not quite as they were predicted hung parliaments but we ended up with small (10 seatish) Tory majorities.

Blyth Valley....

PS

A (presumably failed) Labour candidate has just completely slated Corbyn saying, ''this is all his fault''. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

12 minutes ago, Dazey said:

The UK is NEVER going to vote for a left wing government. Blair did it by moving to the centre. I've been banging on about this since Ed Milliband had his arse handed to him. This is all on Corbyn and his cronies and Labour really need to have a word with themselves.

I agree about centre. But this election was about Brexit. Boris made a deal (soft brexit) That was May's mistake. She called an election without a deal. Besides she turned into a robot. So she ended up with a hung parliament. Labour and Corbyn were never clear on the issue. His campaign was about nationalising railways, free housing, free this and free that. On top of that, he shoot himself in the foot with the antisemitic controversy.

This time, the likes of Alastair Campbell are going to start a riot at the center of Labour Party

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

I agree about centre. But this election was about Brexit. Boris made a deal (soft brexit) That was May's mistake. She called an election without a deal. Besides she turned into a robot. So she ended up with a hung parliament. Labour and Corbyn were never clear on the issue. His campaign was about nationalising railways, free housing, free this and free that. On top of that, he shoot himself in the foot with the antisemitic controversy.

This time, the likes of Alastair Campbell are going to start a riot at the center of Labour Party

Labour are fucked regardless. The changes Ed Milliband made re membership and voting makes it extremely unlikely that a centrist candidate will be elected as leader.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Legside Lizzy, a female remainer cricket pundit who writes for The Times, is having a complete meltdown on twitter, virtually wishing death on all Tories and Brexiteers!

She is mad as a march hare I should point out.

You have a better picture of her?

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Labour are fucked regardless. The changes Ed Milliband made re membership and voting makes it extremely unlikely that a centrist candidate will be elected as leader.

They don't have too much of an alternative. How many more elections are they willing to lose? Keep in mind the Tories no longer have Maggie nor anyone like her

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Legside Lizzy, a female remainer cricket pundit who writes for The Times, is having a complete meltdown on twitter, virtually wishing death on all Tories and Brexiteers!

She is mad as a march hare I should point out.

Ah bless!

If only the likes of her could have acted with a bit of class three years ago.

My heart fucking bleeds.