British Politics

Gracii Guns

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Tories just won your seat! :lol: 

It is utterly mad. It is an ex-minding town, social clubs. Never been conservative in its history.

But then it is a 60% leave town, and Ronnie wasn't running again.

ELn55oOXUAEI-w7?format=jpg&name=large

To put this in perspective for a non-Brit, this would be like Obama winning in Texas. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is utterly mad. It is an ex-minding town, social clubs. Never been conservative in its history.

But then it is a 60% leave town, and Ronnie wasn't running again.

I told you. This election was about Brexit. They are not conservatives. They want Brexit done and move on. 

Just now, Padme said:

I told you. This election was about Brexit. They are not conservatives. They want Brexit done and move on. 

I'll put my hands up and admit I got that wrong, but you have to realise what a seismic shock that is. As I said, it would be like Obama winning in Texas. 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'll put my hands up and admit I got that wrong, but you have to realise what a seismic shock that is. As I said, it would be like Obama winning in Texas. 

Labour might win again soon with new leaders. I say it again. There was a lot of tactical votes.

IDS got back in.

I don't know why remainers are worrying. All you have to do is use the mathematics you used for the EU election and add all the losers up to produce a winner. Or you could just deny the democracy and ask for a re-run. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

IDS got back in.

I don't know why remainers are worrying. All you have to do is use the mathematics you used for the EU election and add all the losers up to produce a winner. Or you could just deny the democracy and ask for a re-run. 

How big of a majority is it? Is  it like how the GOP in the US took the house back and won like 60 seats?

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Legside Lizzy, a female remainer cricket pundit who writes for The Times, is having a complete meltdown on twitter, virtually wishing death on all Tories and Brexiteers!

She is mad as a march hare I should point out.

Tories and people who voted Conservative would gladly see poor and suffering people dying in the streets, hungry and cold. That's worse than "virtually wishing death on Tories", they are actively voting for a party and leader who wants people who aren't rich and white to die.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

That was a delight. Fingers crossed for you guys up in the Northern Isles but it seems like you could slap an orange rosette on a monkey and it will win up there. 

Yeh we just re-elected Alistair Carmichael up here, no surprise really :lol: At least he's not Labour or Tory, a Lib Dem is definitely the lesser of evils out of the 3 I think.  Alistairs wife owns one of only 2 veterarians up here and I strongly suspect thats why he's so popular tbh. When my dog was alive I always voted for Carmichael out of fear that his wife would leave if he lost his seat - she's a really great vet which made him worth voting for, but without my doggie by my side I was all aboard the SNP train :D

3 minutes ago, downliner said:

Yeh we just re-elected Alistair Carmichael up here, no surprise really :lol: At least he's not Labour or Tory, a Lib Dem is definitely the lesser of evils out of the 3 I think.  Alistairs wife owns one of only 2 veterarians up here and I strongly suspect thats why he's so popular tbh. When my dog was alive I always voted for Carmichael out of fear that his wife would leave if he lost his seat - she's a really great vet which made him worth voting for, but without my doggie by my side I was all aboard the SNP train :D

It's a shite picture across the UK, but I'm proud of Scotland tonight, we did well in sticking two fingers up to the right. As Somhairle MacGilleain said "We have a history of resistance".

• Like 1