Jump to content
Gracii Guns

British Politics

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, soon said:

In a addition to being sexy shes got the pedigree, with Dipak Nandy on one side and the House of Lord Byers on the other. She was your Shadow Secretary of Energy and Climate Change recently (I'll leave out that she was also shadow minister of children and charities :lol::smiley-confused2:). Bucketfoot says shes likely to loose her seat coming up, though.

The more I look at her dress the more I see a swan, does that do anything for you? Look with the beak and everything :lol:

I don't know what a shadow secetary is? :lol: I really shouldn't expose my ignorance like this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't know what a shadow secetary is? :lol: I really shouldn't expose my ignorance like this!

Nah man. Not at all. I looked up her wiki and it told me. :lol: Here we use different terminology but I think its the same as our 'opposition critics'? So far as I understand, its like when a party is the official opposition (having the second most seats), they appoint all the same roles as the governments cabinet. So the 'shadow' energy person would critique the 'official' governments energy policy and present different policy. Labours point person on the energy front, so to speak. Dies' will let me know if I got any of that wrong.

She would have worked with Canadas own Naomi Klein on green initiatives a few conventions ago, so now we're getting into sapiophile territory too :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I've read Mein Kampf.  Fuckin' hell, he don't half go on. 

it's a chore to get through the 700 or so pages, and I'm glad I finished it. I went through all sorts of feelings of dread and at points felt dirty reading it, but I also thought this was a necessary thing to do. godwin's law will tell you that whenever something is discussed, hitler will be brought up sooner or later. In the light of this, you can't participate in such a discussion without having a profound understanding of hitler's beliefs. People go on about Hitler all the time, but they haven't read his book. If they did, they would see that many of their views are being used by Hitler himself.

It's fashionable these days, to walk in marches for the climate, to accuse the big corporations and the elite riches of all that goes wrong in the world, but if they had read Hitlers book, they would have read that Hitler dedicated whole chapters to this very same issue.

My conclusion, after reading this book, is that I have not encountered one argument why women and children had to die. the book left me with many questions, but it also gave me new insights in some of the greater issues that people bring to the table. One thing that is clear to me though is: "we want peace, with violence if necessary", is one of the pillars of hitler's book, and it's now being used by the militant extreme left

Edited by action

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, action said:

It's fashionable these days, to walk in marches for the climate, to accuse the big corporations and the elite riches of all that goes wrong in the world, but if they had read Hitlers book, they would have read that Hitler dedicated whole chapters to this very same issue.

What on earth is the suggestion here? :lol:. Seems like if you discuss the climate crisis enough someone will bring up Hitler.... Goodwins Law....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, soon said:

What on earth is the suggestion here? :lol:. Seems like if you discuss the climate crisis enough someone will bring up Hitler.... Goodwins Law....

 

that their tone and militant attitude (sometimes, using violence, even towards elder people), is very similar as what Hitler wrote when he adressed the international capital.

so similar is hitler's ideology to that of the extreme left, that the extreme left, while they are fighting against big corporations, do not spare their actions against ordinary people. Time and time again, examples are shown where militant extreme left people are attacking innocent people, including elder people. This sweeping step from going against the big corporations, to attacking ordinary people, is extactly what hitler did!

My suggestion would be, you read hitler's book yourself. Good luck plowing through the almost 800 pages

Edited by action
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, action said:

that their tone and militant attitude (sometimes, using violence, even towards elder people), is very similar as what Hitler wrote when he adressed the international capital.

so similar is hitler's ideology to that of the extreme left, that the extreme left, while they are fighting against big corporations, do not spare their actions against ordinary people. Time and time again, examples are shown where militant extreme left people are attacking innocent people, including elder people. This sweeping step from going against the big corporations, to attacking ordinary people, is extactly what hitler did!

My suggestion would be, you read hitler's book yourself. Good luck plowing through the almost 800 pages

Opposing ecocide and neoliberal capitalism means Im like Hitler. Got it. You added in some propaganda about these other people being violent and uncivilized - just like Hitler would do! :P

Pretty much everyone who's a reader over here has read Mein Kampf, its always been available unlike some places in Europe where it was banned or restricted. Ordered my copy from Amazon. Its an absolute mess. I would suggest to you that to understand neo nazis and the books contradictions one must understand the Dunning Kruger Effect. It explains how and why dumb people (neo nazis) think they are smart. As it applies to neo nazism the Effect can be seen as related to confirmation bias, but theres more too it. A really valuable model!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

it's a chore to get through the 700 or so pages, and I'm glad I finished it. I went through all sorts of feelings of dread and at points felt dirty reading it, but I also thought this was a necessary thing to do. godwin's law will tell you that whenever something is discussed, hitler will be brought up sooner or later. In the light of this, you can't participate in such a discussion without having a profound understanding of hitler's beliefs. People go on about Hitler all the time, but they haven't read his book. If they did, they would see that many of their views are being used by Hitler himself.

Half the fucking thing is footnotes of the publisher basically refuting the absolute bollocks that Hitler spouted so as not to be like, seen to be validating those views.

Quote

It's fashionable these days, to walk in marches for the climate, to accuse the big corporations and the elite riches of all that goes wrong in the world, but if they had read Hitlers book, they would have read that Hitler dedicated whole chapters to this very same issue.

Yeah, they very much had a back to mother earth touch to em, didn't they, all that blut and boden stuff, the hardworking, broad shouldered aryan superman.  Poor Nietsczhe, he might've gone crackers quicker if he'd've known what he'd inspire.

Quote

My conclusion, after reading this book, is that I have not encountered one argument why women and children had to die. the book left me with many questions, but it also gave me new insights in some of the greater issues that people bring to the table. One thing that is clear to me though is: "we want peace, with violence if necessary", is one of the pillars of hitler's book, and it's now being used by the militant extreme left

The path to the shoah was a very disorganised one.  I don't think he never meant to exterminate 6 million people.  Thats not to say that the holocaust wasn't deliberate, I just don't think that, particularly from the outset, murder was the plan.  First you scapegoat em, malign em, dehumanize em, attack em but after all that they're still there so they had to do something about em, there was umpteen madcap fuckin' ideas proposed, send em back to Israel, send em to Madagascar, etc etc, all this madness...after which I think they just thought it would be quicker, and more profitable, to kill em.  Cuz you rob em and kill em.  Set up camps, put em away, far from the gaze, work em to death for the Reich or just flat out kill em.  Perhaps I'm being naive but I don't think it was the intention from the outset to kill em.  Nor do I think any of them truly believed they were subhuman, I think its just plain ol' human hatred.  With us darkies I think people truly believed the subhuman aspect but not so much with Jews, with Jews it was just fear and hatred.  Suspicion.  Scapegoating.  I have no right to be making such broad assumptions but, y'know, take for granted that this is the result of education (or miseducation perhaps) and not experience (I weren't alive back then). 

We're basically a fuckin' self obssessed species, the human race.  So you give a people who felt like they'd lost it all a sense of their own superiority and they'll follow you to the gates of hell or at least turn a blind eye to the more atrocious aspects of the cost of that sense of superiority.  6 million fuckin' human lives though man, fuck me.  And y'know what, people give it all that about 'how could the Germans let it happen?' etc etc but the real is, from my perspective at least, that everybody let it happen.  There are less culpable parties as there are with everything but overall, shit, you can't tell me that no one outside of Germany had a whiff of that shit, I don't buy it. 

And y'know what, I don't think we're much better today either.  I mean I don't think there's a fuckin' holocaust going on anywhere but human rights abuses on a mass scale are going on today and thats a fact, Burma, Kashmir, all over the fuckin' place but as long as we got our flat screen HD tellies and our home exer-bikes and fuckin' antioxidant fruit smoothies no one gives a fuck, not really. 

I don't know fuckin' human history from back to front and perhaps its just that I'm a 20th Century kid and the shoah was a 20th Century thing and maybe there has been worse out there in terms of human tragedy but nothing hits me quite as hard as fuckin'...reading and watching documentaries or seeing memorials of that shit.  Some call it grief tourism, the well fed and comfortable devoting a few hours of their insignificant little lives to this shit to make em feel better about themselves.  Perhaps thats too cynical a perspective even for me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/11/2019 at 2:45 PM, Len Cnut said:

Can we stop this Priti Patel bollocks? :lol:  She looks like a fuckin' horse.  A toffy-nosed stuck up fuckin' Tory horse.  She went to school down the road from where I am as it goes. 

Shes reasonably attractive for a politician but that's just like being the most coordinated person in the cerabl palsy dance class.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corbs hasn't made the mistake of saying London knife man with apparent suicide vest, killed by police, ''should have had a fair trial'' as he did with Abu Kakr al-Baghdadi. Yet!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Corbs hasn't made the mistake of saying London knife man with apparent suicide vest, killed by police, ''should have had a fair trial'' as he did with Abu Kakr al-Baghdadi. Yet!

 

Give him 24 hours and he's bound to blurt some shit out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to remember that National Socialism emanated from a multitude of usually (but not exclusively) far-right völkisch movements/societies, small political parties, as well as paramilitary (unemployed soldier) organisations which grew-up in Weimer Germany - predominately Bavaria which was a hotbed of far-right groupings. These groups were all quite independent of the NSDAP - this is true for even the SA, the brownshirts - but they fed and drew upon National Socialism and Hitler. One example is the (upper class) Thule Society which was obsessed with Aryan myths and pan-Germanism. Hitler, a bourgeois rabble-rousing tramp, was never a member of Thule but many influential Nazis were such as Hess and Rosenberg and they brought to the table racial, pseudo-scientific drivel. Hitler was already an antisemite in otherwords, blaming the Jews for the November 1918 Armistice and Versailles, but they introduced Hitler to different examples of antisemitism. The Thule Society was rather different from the (working class) paramilitary soldiers fraternities such as the Stahlhelm, and it was also different from other völkisch groups which were rather middle class and affiliated with German Romanticism and outdoor pursuits. 

There was also a plethora of literature preceding the Nazis, much of it unread but influential enough to shape National Socialism. Perhaps the most influential work was written by an Englishman, Foundations of the Nineteenth Century by Houston Stewart Chamberlain.

So you basically had a plethora of, sometimes contradictory, ideas, elements and groups who all coalesced around Hitler. 

(At no point is Nazi contradiction more clear than Nazi policy on religion incidentally).

Broadly the unifying elements of Nazism are,

- German nationalism 

- Hatred of the post-world war settlement

- Hatred of Bolshevism 

- Repudiation of western capitalism, democracy and parliamentarianism

- antisemitism 

You can hang a lot of different things onto that bunch.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tories trying to get political capital out of terror attack yet we have had a Tory government in some form since 2010 and it was apparently under Gove's stewardship of the Home Office various recommendations were jettisoned!!

- 2008 legislation being blamed by sexy Priti, yet why hasn't there been an attempt to repeal? The Tories have had a decade!!

Edited by DieselDaisy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29-11-2019 at 3:25 PM, soon said:

Opposing ecocide and neoliberal capitalism means Im like Hitler. Got it.

I'm not talking about you. not everything is about you!

unless you are a militant extreme left who attacks elder people, you know, the people I adressed in my post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, action said:

I'm not talking about you. not everything is about you!

unless you are a militant extreme left who attacks elder people, you know, the people I adressed in my post.

You mean, I didnt even cross your mind when you shared the propaganda? :( (:lol:)

The 'people' you referenced - without any proof - don't exist as any left leaning political block, bucko. There's random idiots of all stripes, of course. Ideologically speaking though, right wing racist and antisemites likely hate racialized elderly people. So a fact-based conversation could take place about that ;). But, there's no correlation between being leftists and attacking the elderly in 2019. :facepalm::lol: (Oh the things I find myself typing! Only here, lol)

Also, just to be clear, the climate crisis is an everyone-issue. Its only sad propagandists on the right and in the US democratic party, rep'ing fossil fuel, who would attempt to make such a fundamental existential threat against civilization a left vs right issue.

We've got 11 years... all of us together. Only lazy bums and pussies would sherk off this responsibility. Lets get to work :headbang:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, soon said:

You mean, I didnt even cross your mind when you shared the propaganda? :( (:lol:)

The 'people' you referenced - without any proof - don't exist as any left leaning political block, bucko. There's random idiots of all stripes, of course. Ideologically speaking though, right wing racist and antisemites likely hate racialized elderly people. So a fact-based conversation could take place about that ;). But, there's no correlation between being leftists and attacking the elderly in 2019. :facepalm::lol: (Oh the things I find myself typing! Only here, lol)

Also, just to be clear, the climate crisis is an everyone-issue. Its only sad propagandists on the right and in the US democratic party, rep'ing fossil fuel, who would attempt to make such a fundamental existential threat against civilization a left vs right issue.

We've got 11 years... all of us together. Only lazy bums and pussies would sherk off this responsibility. Lets get to work :headbang:

it's not my fault that you're easily baited ;)

what is this thing about proof? what do you mean? I'm in court or something? What proof do you need? footage of extreme left people hurting elder people? it's found in this thread or the thunberg thread, I'm not sure which one. Two videos were shown in fact. Not something I'll easily forget, but apparantly you do.

phoo-hoo, you sure are triggered by this. look, what I claimed, happened. no point in denying it, or explaining it (please do not try to explain it, I dont wanna hear it). you should join me in calling these people out for these horrible act, not acting like a douche demanding proof. climate activists attacked an elder person, so he dropped to the ground, and these scumbags were have good fun with that. disgusting. call me a dramaqueen, call me a propagandist. I'm not interested in any of that, but if you hurt elder people, you (not you; extreme left militant people) cross the line of human decency.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, action said:

it's not my fault that you're easily baited ;)

what is this thing about proof? what do you mean? I'm in court or something? What proof do you need? footage of extreme left people hurting elder people? it's found in this thread or the thunberg thread, I'm not sure which one. Two videos were shown in fact. Not something I'll easily forget, but apparantly you do.

phoo-hoo, you sure are triggered by this. look, what I claimed, happened. no point in denying it, or explaining it (please do not try to explain it, I dont wanna hear it). you should join me in calling these people out for these horrible act, not acting like a douche demanding proof. climate activists attacked an elder person, so he dropped to the ground, and these scumbags were have good fun with that. disgusting. call me a dramaqueen, call me a propagandist. I'm not interested in any of that, but if you hurt elder people, you (not you; extreme left militant people) cross the line of human decency.

 

Right... I'm triggered :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, action said:

fuck off, hippie :P ;)

You are about to be visited by the Ghost of Christmas Future.

A stout, elderly Belgian sits surrounded by his young grandchildren, their faces smeared with chocolate....

"Where were you when the militant hippies saved the world, Grand Pa-Pa?"

"Well, I was calling them names on the internet you see. My favourite troll was to insinuate that they didnt enjoy cheeseburgers, which was the style at the time."

*Grandchildren stare blankly then ask to be excused to go play on the wind farm* 

:lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'm against Internationalist Capitalism, which is a race to the bottom and tool of the plutocrats. If that makes some people uncomfortable, that's their problem. I would suggest they start treating the people of their nations better and not trying to squeeze every last dime out of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dazey said:

78034953_156223539076552_493728412188278

Please tell me that photo is real and he actually tried to play with his left hand behind the capo...

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the candidates/parties in this election are all utterly dire. This truly is the nadir of British politics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

All the candidates/parties in this election are all utterly dire. This truly is the nadir of British politics.

How do you feel about Corbos workers manifesto, do you not think there is a lot of commendable sentiment to it?

EDIT: Whys that a laughable comment @SoulMonster? :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×