Gracii Guns

British Politics

19 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

How do you feel about Corbos workers manifesto, do you not think there is a lot of commendable sentiment to it?

EDIT: Whys that a laughable comment @SoulMonster? :lol:

The Labour manifesto can be titled, ''pulling a lot of free stuff out of Corbyn's arse''. 

25 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Labour manifesto can be titled, ''pulling a lot of free stuff out of Corbyn's arse''. 

You don't think there's something to the idea of getting rid of zero hour contracts along with all that phoney self employed shit they spring on white van men so they can basically get away with treating them like shit?  And then a 10 quid minimum wage.  I mean you're all for the working man when its the fishermen etc, do you not think that the aforementioned is kinda striking a blow for people of that ilk? 

18 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You don't think there's something to the idea of getting rid of zero hour contracts along with all that phoney self employed shit they spring on white van men so they can basically get away with treating them like shit?  And then a 10 quid minimum wage.  I mean you're all for the working man when its the fishermen etc, do you not think that the aforementioned is kinda striking a blow for people of that ilk? 

You are not voting for the Gerry Adams esque wanker, are you? What you need to understand is there is a mythical pot of money Labour have which they'll use to nationalise everything, slash train fees and get cricket back on terrestrial. It is all utter bollocks. 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are not voting for the Gerry Adams esque wanker, are you? What you need to understand is there is a mythical pot of money Labour have which they'll use to nationalise everything, slash train fees and get cricket back on terrestrial. It is all utter bollocks. 

I don't vote and I'll never vote but if I did I'd be more inclined to vote for someone proposing stuff like what Corbo is than a wanker like Boris.  Some of what he says admittedly sounds a bit goofy, all that free wifi bollocks and obviously you know politics better than me so you tell me but...I dunno, I struggle to find fault with that.  The economic in's and out's you'd probably know better.

Working class British voters, duped by the right, back in the day:

"Labour says they'll bring indoor plumbing. What a pipe dream!"

:lol:

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't vote and I'll never vote but if I did I'd be more inclined to vote for someone proposing stuff like what Corbo is than a wanker like Boris.  Some of what he says admittedly sounds a bit goofy, all that free wifi bollocks and obviously you know politics better than me so you tell me but...I dunno, I struggle to find fault with that.  The economic in's and out's you'd probably know better.

https://www.ifs.org.uk/election/2019/article/labour-manifesto-an-initial-reaction-from-ifs-researchers

33 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Not on past form he wouldn't. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Not on past form he wouldn't. :lol: 

Not on past form who wouldn’t what, Dies’ wouldn’t like Corbo?  I dunno, he seems a reasonable enough fella, though that link he posted casts a different light on the situation, as I say I’m not really aware of the economic aspects.

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Not on past form who wouldn’t what, Dies’ wouldn’t like Corbo?  I dunno, he seems a reasonable enough fella, though that link he posted casts a different light on the situation, as I say I’m not really aware of the economic aspects.

I just remember Dies' banging on about all sorts of Brexit cobblers and when pressed with the economic argument he pretty much admitted he couldn't give a shit if the country ended up in ruins as long as we were out of the EU and could have our blue passports back. :shrugs: 

Just now, Dazey said:

I just remember Dies' banging on about all sorts of Brexit cobblers and when pressed with the economic argument he pretty much admitted he couldn't give a shit if the country ended up in ruins as long as we were out of the EU and could have our blue passports back. :shrugs: 

Utter bollocks.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

As embarrassing as watching Prince Andrew being interviewed, this,

I guess Chubby Brown was busy. :lol: 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Utter bollocks.

You were talking utter bollocks. That's my point. 

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

You were talking utter bollocks. That's my point. 

Your problem is you cannot handle people with a different point of view. You do this when discussing religion also. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Your problem is you cannot handle people with a different point of view. You do this when discussing religion also. 

Your problem is that you literally said you didn't care about the economic impact of Brexit.

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Your problem is that you literally said you didn't care about the economic impact of Brexit.

But I didn't say that. That is a lie of Soul Monster-esque proportions. If I did say that, you shouldn't have much trouble finding the quote....

I know where @Len Cnut  is coming from, its so hard to know whats genuine information to base your vote on and what is complete bollocks when everyone is telling you different things and it's all contradicting. 

I think voting has got to change. I can't be expected to vote on ALL of it. The economy, the welfare state, education, defence  even fucking Broadband now. I failed Gcse maths why, the, FUCK am I allowed in my one all capsulating vote allowef a say on one of the biggest economies in Europe? (That's if it even is, shows what I know).

We need to divide up what we can vote on. I get a say on issues local to me that's all I want.  I never asked to decide on Brexit, I am ridiculously unqualified to make a descision on that other than a vague hunch and that probably goes for most people. I think its a bit of a psychopath trait to assert your 100% right one way or the other because you CANT possibly know.

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

How do you feel about Corbos workers manifesto, do you not think there is a lot of commendable sentiment to it?

EDIT: Whys that a laughable comment @SoulMonster? :lol:

Just amused by the thought that Diesel would say anything positive about Corbyn. 

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

But I didn't say that. That is a lie of Soul Monster-esque proportions. If I did say that, you shouldn't have much trouble finding the quote....

Funnily enough, I remember the discussion exactly as Dazey recounted it. He lectured you on the economic aspects, refuting all the nonsense you posted, and eventually you admitted not caring about the economy anyway, you were more focused on the legal systems or some insignificant rubbish like that. 

44 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I know where @Len Cnut  is coming from, its so hard to know whats genuine information to base your vote on and what is complete bollocks when everyone is telling you different things and it's all contradicting. 

I think voting has got to change. I can't be expected to vote on ALL of it. The economy, the welfare state, education, defence  even fucking Broadband now. I failed Gcse maths why, the, FUCK am I allowed in my one all capsulating vote allowef a say on one of the biggest economies in Europe? (That's if it even is, shows what I know).

We need to divide up what we can vote on. I get a say on issues local to me that's all I want.  I never asked to decide on Brexit, I am ridiculously unqualified to make a descision on that other than a vague hunch and that probably goes for most people. I think its a bit of a psychopath trait to assert your 100% right one way or the other because you CANT possibly know.

But that's the idea with representative democracies, right. We vote on politicians with values and ideas that align with ours and expect them to then more or less act in our best interests. We basically outsource democratic decisions to our representatives. Only rarely do we get to vote directly on issues, and then only because they are so important that the inherent inaccuracy of representative democracy is not acceptable. If you feel you aren't up to the task of voting, just abstain. The fact that you are so acute to individual limitations suggests to me it isn't intelligence that stops you but humbleness. 

38 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I get a say on issues local to me that's all I want

Yes, that's exactly what you should do. Keep in mind that you don't technically vote for Boris or Corbyn. You vote for the cunt running in YOUR constituency. So you ask that wanker about local issues.  

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Funnily enough, I remember the discussion exactly as Dazey recounted it. He lectured you on the economic aspects, refuting all the nonsense you posted, and eventually you admitted not caring about the economy anyway, you were more focused on the legal systems or some insignificant rubbish like that. 

I'll repeat what I said to Dazey then: you shouldn't have much trouble finding the quote...

The two of you are colossal liars. 

(In reality my opposition to the EU is multifaceted, judicial, political, cultural and economic etc).

Edited by DieselDaisy

Hugh Grant supporting remain is not doing anything to remove remain's Waitrosey Londoncentric image! 

EK43PpyX0AIc-1w?format=jpg&name=large

Charles looks like he has been on the sherry; mind, I don't blame him given that he has had to meet Trump. Trump looks weirdly de-aged. 

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'll repeat what I said to Dazey then: you shouldn't have much trouble finding the quote...

The two of you are colossal liars. 

(In reality my opposition to the EU is multifaceted, judicial, political, cultural and economic etc).

I think I will pass. The fact that I remember it like Dazey is good enough confirmation for me. You would just end up moving goalposts and changing the topic anyway. Not a rabbit hole I want to jump into.