Gracii Guns

British Politics

I just voted. The first person in my seat through the door, though the second to vote by the time they found me on the list.

I voted Alliance, even though this is a ultra safe DUP seat. I owed it to myself to at least vote.

This is such an important election.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

It's a feint at worst. The fact remains that the NHS arrived under a Labour government. Both you and I know if we go back 80 years and trawl through any party manifesto every single sentence and paragraph will be carefully worded to paint the party in the best possible light.

If you really wanted to hold up each and every statement said politician has said over the last 80 years to the flimsiest scrutiny you'd get these sort of shocking (not in the slightest) revelations. But you've focused on one particular Labour one which isn't even a lie. Its reasonable and predictable for you to do that because you don't want a Labour government which is fair enough. But it's disingenious to pretend every other party doesn't use these sort of tactics.

You bald headed fucker you.

The seed which created the NHS were instigated by a Liberal MP's - very famous - report and a Conservative MP's white paper ordered by Churchill's coalition government. Further, there would've been a National health Service of some form if the Conservatives or Liberals had won in 1945 as the peculiarities of the war created a consensus. I do not see how anyone can claim that it was solely a Labour creation. After all, the Conservatives didn't unravel the NHS when they were returned to power in 1951.

I didn't deny that the other parties do not lie and hold up their manifesto pledges. I reacted to this solely because it landed on my doormat. If it was a Conservative claim regarding some silliness I would've almost certainly cited it here (NB., my earlier post ridiculing Boris Johnson's JCB stunt). As reported earlier, I haven't received any Conservative literature. 

I don't see the purpose of saying something which is diametrically the opposite of reality? I have an unruly mop of hair! What is the purpose of maintaining a fiction? You don't have the slightest idea of what I look like. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Can anyone vote for the bloke from Blur? Is he in any forum members constituency? Or is he local counsel only?

Dave Rowntree?

He's a Labour counciler in Norfolk. Don't think he's standing for parliment.

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have an unruly mop of hair! […] You don't have the slightest idea of what I look like. 

:lol:

...and you are of course wrong on Labour and the NHS.

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

:lol:

...and you are of course wrong on Labour and the NHS.

I suppose it is the thing on this forum this morning to state something that is the antithesis of reality?

Further on the creation of the NHS,

https://www.libdemvoice.org/setting-the-record-straight-labour-and-the-nhs-15930.html

Pertaining to Corbyn's conspiracy theorizing on the NHS and the Conservative Party, since the creation of the NHS the Conservatives have been in government for 44 out of the NHS's 71 years of existence, and have had two periods of significant (60 plus seat) majorities, 1955-9 and 1983-1992. The NHS still remains. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

krzKx3M.png 

Done! :D 

...voted for my favourite IRA supporting antisemite.

Is the pencil attached to a string because of scousers?

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1

I'm not voting because they are all utterly dire. If the Monster Raving Loony Party was running in my constituency I'd almost be tempted to vote for them but they are not fielding a candidate.

I don't see the purpose of saying something which is diametrically the opposite of reality? I have an unruly mop of hair! What is the purpose of maintaining a fiction?

To get on your tits? :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

To get on your tits? :lol:

Too many sheep gags by yours truly has triggered this I feel.

2 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Can anyone vote for the bloke from Blur? Is he in any forum members constituency? Or is he local counsel only?

Eh?!  Someone from Blurs running from office?  Not fuckin' Damon Albarn surely, whoose gonna vote for that fuckin' bellend?

25 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

...voted for my favourite IRA supporting antisemite.

Is the pencil attached to a string because of scousers?

End of the day I couldn't bring myself to vote for this baboon.

_102843402_fc1218eb-0976-4627-898c-bf943

I'm in a safe Tory seat anyway so it was more of a protest vote than anything else.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dazey said:

End of the day I couldn't bring myself to vote for this baboon.

_102843402_fc1218eb-0976-4627-898c-bf943

I'm in a safe Tory seat anyway so it was more of a protest vote than anything else.

Just don't bother voting then. That is what I'm doing.

Incidentally, Boris is pondering on abolishing the licence fee. I know you are a supporter of that cause?

Edited by DieselDaisy

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

All these political debates you have, all the extensive knowledge (which must take a fuckload of fuckin' like...y'know, studying, listening, reading etc), all the pretty solid opinions and feelings about the candidates and you're not gonna vote?  I mean correct me if I'm wrong but your position has been, from what I can gather, in this particular race, the Tories will be the one that will benefit the nation more if they get in, so why would you not vote? 

17 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

All these political debates you have, all the extensive knowledge (which must take a fuckload of fuckin' like...y'know, studying, listening, reading etc), all the pretty solid opinions and feelings about the candidates and you're not gonna vote?  I mean correct me if I'm wrong but your position has been, from what I can gather, in this particular race, the Tories will be the one that will benefit the nation more if they get in, so why would you not vote? 

The only thing I find appealing about a Tory majority is that it would now push through Brexit, a softish Brexit deal negotiated with the EU I might add. The stalemate, the political deadlock, would thus be broken. But don't forget it was only a few months ago when the Tories were led by Theresa May and stuffed full of remainers, Letwin, Grieve, Ken Clark. The Tories have been as infected with remainism as Labour. 

You also have to remember that my vote is an utter waste of time because of FPTP. I live in the very definition of a tribe voting ''northern Labour heartland''. When people say ''northern Labour heartland'', or ''northern working class heartland'', they might very well be discussing my constituency. It is as fixed as the seasons, Labour winning here. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The only thing I find appealing about a Tory majority is that it would now push through Brexit, a softish Brexit deal negotiated with the EU I might add. The stalemate, the political deadlock, would thus be broken. But don't forget it was only a few months ago when the Tories were led by Theresa May and stuffed full of remainers, Letwin, Grieve, Ken Clark. The Tories have been as infected with remainism as Labour. 

So by that rationale you should be voting Tory, if only to push through Brexit and get out of the EU that you dislike.  Why the fuck am I encouraging you to vote here? :lol:  I’m not really, it just surprises me that you’d be so into a thing and hold pretty definite opinions about it but then not give a fuck too.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

So by that rationale you should be voting Tory, if only to push through Brexit and get out of the EU that you dislike.  Why the fuck am I encouraging you to vote here? :lol:  I’m not really, it just surprises me that you’d be so into a thing and hold pretty definite opinions about it but then not give a fuck too.

I edited another bit.

When I look down the list of parties I can feel no discernible motivation for voting for any of them. Who do you want me to vote for here, Len? Labour and Conservatives are both elitist parties stuffed full of stockbroking liberal London luvvies and EU federalists. Their brand of politics has no reflection on me or my area.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Incidentally, Boris is pondering on abolishing the licence fee. I know you are a supporter of that cause?

Doesn't make any difference to me. I've not paid it in about 5 years. :lol: 

My logic is that voting Labour shows I don't agree with Boris while still not really helping Jezza all that much. 

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

My logic is that voting Labour shows I don't agree with Boris while still not really helping Jezza all that much. 

Doesn't seem worth getting out of bed in the morning for, plus you'll always have that vote on your conscience. Every terrorist movement going, Jezza has supported at some stage. Literally his political career is a list of various nefarious - usually anti-British - movements he has supported at some stage. A very dangerous individual. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Ronnie replaced by frizzy haired lady,

4doBTrjs_400x400.jpg

Last time Ronnie got in with 55% (Tories 36%). I suspect it'll be more like 50% - a significant swing away but still a reasonably comfortable Labour hold. We'll see how right I am soon enough...

As if she's called Susan DUNGWORTH! :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You also have to remember that my vote is an utter waste of time because of FPTP. I live in the very definition of a tribe voting ''northern Labour heartland''. When people say ''northern Labour heartland'', or ''northern working class heartland'', they might very well be discussing my constituency. It is as fixed as the seasons, Labour winning here. 

Doesn't look like it's THAT much of a safe seat based on latest polling.

weNlqcY.jpg