Gracii Guns

British Politics

11 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Doesn't look like it's THAT much of a safe seat based on latest polling.

weNlqcY.jpg 

Safe as could be. As I said earlier, they'll drop a few to The Brexit Party because this is a heavy leave area and they had this weird affiliation with big ugly Ronnie, but if you stuck a red rosette on a donkey, the people here would vote for it.

Here is a detailed electoral history of Blyth Valley since 1950 to the present day, 

Labour haha. 

(And before that it was part of Morpeth which was - you guessed it - Labour stretching back to 1918). 

It has basically been Labour since 1918!!

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

You also have to remember that my vote is an utter waste of time because of FPTP. I live in the very definition of a tribe voting ''northern Labour heartland''. When people say ''northern Labour heartland'', or ''northern working class heartland'', they might very well be discussing my constituency. It is as fixed as the seasons, Labour winning here. 

Why are you so sure they are voting Labour this time? Corbyn made it clear he would negotiate a new deal with the EU. And he also made clear there will be people's vote. People in your constituency don't know about this?  This election is not about tradition

17 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Do you live in a safe seat?

Yes, I live in mid Derbyshire and it’s always a Tory seat. No hope of getting rid of them here. 

How do you stop him running round all over the place, drooling and trying to shag anything in sight?

How the fuck would I know, I'm only a fucking Jack Russell???

a2f35833-7e5a-4df2-9a17-08b050de5324.jpg

So when does it start becoming obvious whoose in front and when is it all counted up and nailed on?  Tommorow morning innit?  Has there ever been an election in this country that has been found to be bent?  I mean like fixed.  Dies', you're the history kiddie around here.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

So when does it start becoming obvious whoose in front and when is it all counted up and nailed on?  Tommorow morning innit?  Has there ever been an election in this country that has been found to be bent?  I mean like fixed.  Dies', you're the history kiddie around here.

10:00 PM tonight we should know. They can't release any data before that in case it influences the vote.

chartoftheday_20272_how_accurate_are_uk_

Edited by Dazey

6 hours ago, Padme said:

Why are you so sure they are voting Labour this time? Corbyn made it clear he would negotiate a new deal with the EU. And he also made clear there will be people's vote. People in your constituency don't know about this?  This election is not about tradition

You still don't grasp the tribalism in British politics. My constituency has been Labour since 1918. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

It always starts in Sunderland for some reason.

There is a big concern about postal votes right now, students registering in two different addresses and naturally voting for Corbs; some of them have been quite unapologetic about this on twitter! The registration is surprisingly lax. 

Given where the seats in play are, the bellweather seats might be misleading. So there's a decent chance the exit poll will be more off than normal.

Lots of claims on social media about record turnout in London seats and some marginals. Might be good if not for the fact, Labour need to hold the line in the North and Midlands to prevent a Conservative win. Supposedly betting odds on a hung parly are dropping.

The EU ref told me to be gloomy, so I expect the worse. However I'm hopeful that IDS is at least gone.

Tried to talk to some of my relatives in a certain famous bellweather seat and I got the impression they weren't voting. Which ironically may be a good thing.

1 minute ago, AtariLegend said:

Given where the seats in play are, the bellweather seats might be misleading. So there's a decent chance the exit poll will be more off than normal.

Lots of claims on social media about record turnout in London seats and some marginals. Might be good if not for the fact, Labour need to hold the line in the North and Midlands to prevent a Conservative win. Supposedly betting odds on a hung parly are dropping.

The EU ref told me to be gloomy, so I expect the worse. However I'm hopeful that IDS is at least gone.

Tried to talk to some of my relatives in a certain famous bellweather seat and I got the impression they weren't voting. Which ironically may be a good thing.

I’m hoping Raab gets the boot. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

ELmMDfsXYAESr1i?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Noticed that earlier. :lol: The lady in green looks like her cater. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

Just now, Dazey said:

Noticed that earlier. :lol: The lady in green looks like her cater. :lol: 

She'll be your new Home Security. Thornberry will be your new Foreign Security. 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

She'll be your new Home Security. Thornberry will be your new Foreign Security. 

She might have her shoes on the wrong feet but I’m sure she can at least spell Secretary. :P:lol: 

Besides, it’s not her fault. Somebody probably just asked her to count to twenty in a hurry. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

She might have her shoes on the wrong feet but I’m sure she can at least spell Secretary. :P:lol: 

Give me a break. I've been on the phone to Lloyds Bank for two hours. That is surely going to puggle the mind.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Give me a break. I've been on the phone to Lloyds Bank for two hours. That is surely going to puggle the mind.

Sorry, I was going to let it go but couldn’t I’m the name of banter. :) 

If you desire lies, this is a good one . Corbyn said ''a wreath was indeed laid'' for''some of those who were killed in Paris in 1992'' (for those who perpetuated the Munich Olympic Massacre, in which 11 Israelis were murdered). ''I was present at that wreath-laying, I don’t think I was actually involved in it''.

Cough,

873.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=format

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Have your credit card purchases been deemed unusual, triggering Lloyds Banks customer security protocol to freeze your card?

How will you explain away all those candy bikinis in Priti's measurements, nazi hats and pairs of undies worn by Elvis Presley ? :P:lol:

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You still don't grasp the tribalism in British politics. My constituency has been Labour since 1918. 

So be it. But Boris has a Brexit plan. With Labour there is no guarantee of Brexit. Labour is a priority over Brexit? 

6 minutes ago, Padme said:

So be it. But Boris has a Brexit plan. With Labour there is no guarantee of Brexit. Labour is a priority over Brexit? 

If you are discussing real hard-drinking northern working man's strongholds, yes. It is all connected with mining you see. I suppose we'll see if Boris can make any inroads later tonight but I highly doubt Blyth Valley will opt for blue!!

Big rumour doing the rounds. Not sure on the result tonight or bad the exit poll will be.... however one of the Sky presenters in Australia who doesn't have to follow uk broadcast ruled says... there's real concern about Johnson's seat. Lib Dem might have collapsed and went to Labour in Uxbridge.

Will see in a few hours, the exit poll won't answer this question. Would be fantastic.

Just now, AtariLegend said:

Big rumour doing the rounds. Not sure on the result tonight or bad the exit poll will be.... however one of the Sky presenters in Australia who doesn't have to follow uk broadcast ruled says... there's real concern about Johnson's seat. Lib Dem might have collapsed and went to Labour in Uxbridge.

Will see in a few hours, the exit poll won't answer this question. Would be fantastic.

That would be absolutely hilarious! :lol: