Jump to content
Gracii Guns

British Politics

Recommended Posts

Workington gone the Tories. Bloodbath innit? :o 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDS got back in.

I don't know why remainers are worrying. All you have to do is use the mathematics you used for the EU election and add all the losers up to produce a winner. Or you could just deny the democracy and ask for a re-run. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

IDS got back in.

I don't know why remainers are worrying. All you have to do is use the mathematics you used for the EU election and add all the losers up to produce a winner. Or you could just deny the democracy and ask for a re-run. 

How big of a majority is it? Is  it like how the GOP in the US took the house back and won like 60 seats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

How big of a majority is it? Is  it like how the GOP in the US took the house back and won like 60 seats?

Predicted 86 majority.

 

Chuka has been Chuked out. This is all my Christmases come early!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Legside Lizzy, a female remainer cricket pundit who writes for The Times, is having a complete meltdown on twitter, virtually wishing death on all Tories and Brexiteers!

 

She is mad as a march hare I should point out.

Tories and people who voted Conservative would gladly see poor and suffering people dying in the streets, hungry and cold. That's worse than "virtually wishing death on Tories", they are actively voting for a party and leader who wants people who aren't rich and white to die.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, downliner said:

Jo Swinson just lost her seat to SNP :o

That was a delight. Fingers crossed for you guys up in the Northern Isles but it seems like you could slap an orange rosette on a monkey and it will win up there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Graeme said:

That was a delight. Fingers crossed for you guys up in the Northern Isles but it seems like you could slap an orange rosette on a monkey and it will win up there. 

Yeh we just re-elected Alistair Carmichael up here, no surprise really :lol: At least he's not Labour or Tory, a Lib Dem is definitely the lesser of evils out of the 3 I think.  Alistairs wife owns one of only 2 veterarians up here and I strongly suspect thats why he's so popular tbh. When my dog was alive I always voted for Carmichael out of fear that his wife would leave if he lost his seat - she's a really great vet which made him worth voting for, but without my doggie by my side I was all aboard the SNP train :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad I voted yesterday, even though it was an ultra safe dup seat.

Alliance had a big surge here and reduced the majority massively. Glad to know I wasn't the only one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, downliner said:

Yeh we just re-elected Alistair Carmichael up here, no surprise really :lol: At least he's not Labour or Tory, a Lib Dem is definitely the lesser of evils out of the 3 I think.  Alistairs wife owns one of only 2 veterarians up here and I strongly suspect thats why he's so popular tbh. When my dog was alive I always voted for Carmichael out of fear that his wife would leave if he lost his seat - she's a really great vet which made him worth voting for, but without my doggie by my side I was all aboard the SNP train :D

It's a shite picture across the UK, but I'm proud of Scotland tonight, we did well in sticking two fingers up to the right. As Somhairle MacGilleain said "We have a history of resistance".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remainers making all that noise the last three years, all those marches.... always nice when the silent majority speak.

Ain't no party like a Brexit party!

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Remainers making all that noise the last three years, all those marches.... always nice when the silent majority speak.

Ain't no party like a Brexit party!

Can't say I really blame England when the alternative was Corbyn, but it's been pretty embarrassing to watch people cheering when the Tories win a seat - it's like watching a turkey celebrate Xmas :thumbsup:

I really do understand the north of Englands position, I was born and lived there for 20 years. If I still lived in England I'm honestly not sure who I would have voted for, I don't think any party really represents England well and theres no doubt that the whole of the north needs major investment. Hope it does improve down there :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One last thing before I head to bed.

The tactical voting thing was a farce for the Liberal Democrats. In Kensington the seat of Grenfell, they tried to get Labour remainers to vote Lib Dem.

Sam Gyimah (conservative defector to the lib dems) ran a campaign of trying to suggest the Labour candiate played a role in the fire.

Just nasty opportunitism. Lib Dems came a distant 3rd. Not many votes seperated the Tories from Labour.

Edited by AtariLegend
too tired to spell check

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So are people happy or sad about this? I haven't been paying much attention. I understand people who wants out of the Eu are happy about that aspect of it, but what about conservative winning and Boris Johnson in charge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s to another 4 years of Tory government :vomit: Nothing screams ‘good times’ than Conservatism eh?  

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

So are people happy or sad about this? I haven't been paying much attention. I understand people who wants out of the Eu are happy about that aspect of it, but what about conservative winning and Boris Johnson in charge?

Only time will tell. Both leavers and remainers got something. Leavers got Brexit. It's soft but it's better than nothing for them. Remainers avoided hard brexit. I guess this is the begining of transition. Now Boris hast to make new trade deals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, toroymoi said:

Tories and people who voted Conservative would gladly see poor and suffering people dying in the streets, hungry and cold. That's worse than "virtually wishing death on Tories", they are actively voting for a party and leader who wants people who aren't rich and white to die.

What a load of bollocks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What a load of bollocks.

I heard a theory once, dunno how true it is, but it basically says that, the harsh reality of politics, economics and real life is your working classes don't really need to be doing well for a country to be doing well, what needs to be doing well is big business.  Basically the rich getting richer is good for the country and the poor getting poorer don't make no odds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I'm glad I voted yesterday, even though it was an ultra safe dup seat.

Alliance had a big surge here and reduced the majority massively. Glad to know I wasn't the only one.

And DUP leader Nigel Dodds lost his seat to Sinn Fein. That hurts :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

So are people happy or sad about this? I haven't been paying much attention. I understand people who wants out of the Eu are happy about that aspect of it, but what about conservative winning and Boris Johnson in charge?

Have you any doubts remaining that Britain has not swung from leave to remain? Boris ran a campaign based around ''get Brexit done'' and won 364 seats!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I heard a theory once, dunno how true it is, but it basically says that, the harsh reality of politics, economics and real life is your working classes don't really need to be doing well for a country to be doing well, what needs to be doing well is big business.  Basically the rich getting richer is good for the country and the poor getting poorer don't make no odds.

No, besides big business doing well. A fair amount of middle class people in very good shape is needed. Otherwise sooner or later you end up with a French Revolution

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×