British Politics

Gracii Guns

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

When did I do that?

57 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Again, most pundits believe it will take much more than a year to finish severance negotiations with the EU. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Boris Johnson claims he can get all deals done in one year, presedence suggests it could take up to seven years. That's multiple years where you are in limbo between being inside and being outside. Purgatory, really. Then comes hell.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

But stating that it will likely take more than one year to finish these negotiations is not the same as saying they won't get finished :lol:. Jeez, Daisy.

And a Soulean semantic game surfaces...

However, you are increasingly more incorrect in that assumption,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50818134

Well our trade negotiators just had to navigate the Trump regime, where we were at the disadvantage. With you all, we arent really so disadvantaged are we? Im sure our team is feeling ready to kick your asses in negotiations for the new trade agreement with you.

"The Canada-Stilton Cheese Free Trade Agreement" will be an historic deal.

(Ill be pissed if we offer continuity!!)

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

It is not semantics to point out that saying something will take a long time is not the same as saying it won't happen :lol: Jeez, Daisy, stop drinking.

I am not getting involved in another one of these semantic word games of yours. The Churchill one was tedious beyond belief. 

If you want to discuss the UK-EU trade negotiations, likelihood, negative impact, etc etc., cease with this nonsense and we can continue. Otherwise I am dropping out for my own sanity.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am not getting involved in another one of these semantic word games of yours. The Churchill one was tedious beyond belief. 

Here is what I said: "Again, most pundits believe it will take much more than a year to finish severance negotiations with the EU" and "Boris Johnson claims he can get all deals done in one year, presedence suggests it could take up to seven years. That's multiple years where you are in limbo between being inside and being outside. Purgatory, really. Then comes hell."

And here is how you interpreted these two statements:

"You claimed that we wouldn't be able to obtain a deal, and would go out with a no deal."

Hehehe. This is not failure of semantics, but a failure of comprehension.

(And that failure of comprehension is sort of the unifying theme behind all your views on Brexit. You simply don't get it. But knowing you are in deep waters when talking about tangible aspects of the deunion, you shift your focus to intangible values like sovereignty and having your own legal system, as well as ridiculous grudges about what the EU supposedly did to your poor fishermen a generation ago.)

I suggest, pertinent for the debate and the real time conversation, that the difference between a trade deal taking seven years, and a trade deal not occurring at all, is strictly academic. Soul Monster, approaching language with a Teutonic thoroughness, little time for approximation, poetic flourishes, circa, rhetoric,  rounding-up and exaggeration.

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I suggest, pertinent for the debate and the real time conversation, that the difference between a trade deal taking seven years, and a trade deal not occurring at all, is strictly academic. 

Firstly, that is ridiculous, secondly I didn't say it was going to take seven years but just used that as an example from a related negotiations and said it could take up to that many years.

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BUMBLING IDIOT.

PS

EL_v6xfW4AInN-o?format=jpg&name=large

Jess Phillips calling it on Corbyn nearly 5 years ago. I think she's great to be fair but she's not fucking posh! :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

The main problem with Phillips is when she gets all het up, she does have a tendency to look and sound like she's going to start crying. Lacks a cool head and is far too emotional to be a leader imo.

Oh God, I've just realised Owen Jones is in that first video. What a little bellend.

EDIT: Can't think of Owen without remembering this hissy fit.

Edited by bucketfoot

4 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

The main problem with Phillips is when she gets all het up, she does have a tendency to look and sound like she's going to start crying. Lacks a cool head and is far to emotional to be a leader imo.

Oh God, I've just realised Owen Jones is in that first video. What a little bellend.

Jess Phillips looks like she'd kick Boris' head in at PMQs given half a chance. :lol: 

Have you seen who Corbyn and co are lining up as the new leader? :lol: 

Can you imagine her vs Boris and Rees-Mogg? Fuck me, she's about 6 and doesn't have any eyes! :lol: 

Edited by Dazey