British Politics

Gracii Guns

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Jess Phillips looks like she'd kick Boris' head in at PMQs given half a chance. :lol: 

Have you seen who Corbyn and co are lining up as the new leader? :lol: 

Can you imagine her vs Boris and Rees-Mogg? Fuck me, she's about 6 and doesn't have any eyes! :lol: 

Can't remember where I heard it but someone once described Long-Bailey as looking like both a baby and an old woman, which I found rather amusing. :lol:

1 minute ago, bucketfoot said:

Can't remember where I heard it but someone once described Long-Bailey as looking like both a baby and an old woman, which I found rather amusing. :lol:

It's like the bit from her chin to her eyebrows is collapsing. :lol: 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Yes. Why not?

PS: Putin at the G7?? Thats why its no longer the G8 :) 

Forgive me, I'm stupid! :lol: 

Gotta admit she's not the most inspiring candidate though no? She'd be good in an advert for ambien. :lol: 

1 minute ago, bucketfoot said:

Nobody would dare have a go at Nandy, they wouldn't want to upset her, she's just too cute.

Jess Phillips is the only one of those three with any personality and charisma. As sad as that may sound you'd don't get elected without it.

Just now, Dazey said:

Forgive me, I'm stupid! :lol: 

Gotta admit she's not the most inspiring candidate though no? She'd be good in an advert for ambien. :lol: 

She's a Labour MP who just won reelection in the historic landslide Tory victory. I'd gather from that she is able to stir her constituents?

As far as dealing with strongmen, I think calmness and intellectualism is power. I think the strongmen's bluster is weakness. And femininity can be a weapon in itself against misogynists.

Put it this way, if she and Putin needed to take off their shirts and pose for pictures while riding a bear (as Putin is want to do), the Nandy pic would be more widely circulated :lol: Especially in the North where bear sex is a tradition :lol: 

1 minute ago, soon said:

She's a Labour MP who just won reelection in the historic landslide Tory victory. I'd gather from that she is able to stir her constituents?

She's the MP for Wigan. :lol: For context that's about as safe a Labour seat as it's possible to get. 

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

She's the MP for Wigan. :lol: For context that's about as safe a Labour seat as it's possible to get. 

If Dies hadnt hung his hat on that assertion about his own riding, along with so many other multigenerational Labour strongholds, Id be more willing to give that weight. :P

But to your point about charisma, she was raised by a marxist academic. They tend to come across as dry and humourless in my experience. But thats only down to their love of knowledge and perfecting communication, as one would want to achieve in many media situations. Thats not to say that she cant also turn on a more popular and interpersonal charm. :shrugs:

... no, fuck this, she is sexy as fuck and cute as a button. She's super smart and engaged on all the right issues. Bow to her!! :lol:

Edited by soon
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Second only to Blyth Valley I believe!!

I think Caroline Flint would have been the best choice but she lost her seat. Jess Philips is a 2nd referenderist and doesn't interview well but she'd be better than Bailey who is an outright Corbynista. That Nandy Nanny women - to be honest I don't know much about her; she isn't a Corbynista so that is a bonus. Soon seems to be an expert on her so he is a better one to talk.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Y'know whats funny about this election?  I ain't met a supporter of no one so far.  I've met people who hate Corbo and people who hate Boris but I ain't met no one that truly thinks much of either of em.  No one with any fuckin' brains anyway.  What does that say about us that either of these wankers is in charge?