British Politics

Gracii Guns

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Diane Abbot's son seems a wrong 'un,

Really? You'll have to look at this for the next half a decade, whilst your Labour chaps implode,

giphy.gif

If it all goes tits up I get to be smug while searching for your last two years post history before you edit it. If it goes well I still have a job. QED. :P 

Edited by Dazey

10 minutes ago, Dazey said:

If it all goes tits up I get to be smug while searching for your last two years post history before you edit it. If it goes well I still have a job. QED. :P 

I suppose the line about me editing posts is your lie and you're sticking to it. I did appreciated likes by you for ancient posts, so you had a good time looking in there, in the deepest depths of mygnr, but to no avail haha.

On 31.12.2019 at 7:36 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Between one hyperbolic extreme of Armageddon, and the other of some new Elizabethan ''golden age'', the results of Brexit will act be rather dull: things will basically continue as they have done before. 

But you are the one talking about Armageddon. I have seen no one here who are in favors of remaining in the EU make such claims or paint the picture as bleak as that.

There won't be riots in the streets and food stamps, but the consensus among economists is that your economy will suffer from Brexit and that average people will be worse off. And these are long-term effects, seen over the next decades, not something that will be immediately visible just after Brexit. This is the scenario you should be debating, not your fantastical "Armageddon" outcome that is just a strawman, really.

You do the same with climate change. You describe it as if the earth will explode in 15 years if we don't all stop using electricity or whatever, and then you use this hyperbolic scenario - which is entirely your own making - to mock people concerned about climate change, rather than actually accept the scientific consensus and discuss realities. It is as if Chamberlain should have dismissed any concerns over Germany's aggressiveness by arguing that Hitler isn't a two-headed serpent who devours children for dinner. You seem to prefer living in a fantasy world where Britain will be great again and all economists are wrong and where the climate isn't changing, just to keep up pretenses and be comfortable. And to allow for this fantasy you won't deal with the reality, but instead create these ridiculous straw men that you can easily dismiss.

And you have no hair.

12 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

But you are the one talking about Armageddon. I have seen no one here who are in favors of remaining in the EU make such claims or paint the picture as bleak as that.

There won't be riots in the streets and food stamps, but the consensus among economists is that your economy will suffer from Brexit and that average people will be worse off. And these are long-term effects, seen over the next decades, not something that will be immediately visible just after Brexit. This is the scenario you should be debating, not your fantastical "Armageddon" outcome that is just a strawman, really.

You do the same with climate change. You describe it as if the earth will explode in 15 years if we don't all stop using electricity or whatever, and then you use this hyperbolic scenario - which is entirely your own making - to mock people concerned about climate change, rather than actually accept the scientific consensus and discuss realities. It is as if Chamberlain should have dismissed any concerns over Germany's aggressiveness by arguing that Hitler isn't a two-headed serpent who devours children for dinner. You seem to prefer living in a fantasy world where Britain will be great again and all economists are wrong and where the climate isn't changing, just to keep up pretenses and be comfortable. And to allow for this fantasy you won't deal with the reality, but instead create these ridiculous straw men that you can easily dismiss.

And you have no hair.

You are bored, are you? I always know when you're bored because I get these weirdly random replies trying to trigger an argument. And I have a full mop of hair so you are wrong on many accounts. 

21 hours ago, Dazey said:

It's a good thing she's Priti. Pardon the pun. :lol: 

I love it when she is right-wing.

PS

ENXiWb_XsAAQA23?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by DieselDaisy

And yet another royal crisis!

Will Harry be donating Frogmore House to the public weal if he is buggering off to the Americas, considering it was refurnished at tax payers expence, and has hardly been used irrespective of this decision?

_110442321_the-sun-9-jan.jpg

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Will Harry be donating Frogmore House to the public weal if he is buggering off to the Americas, considering it was refurnished at tax payers expence, and has hardly been used irrespective of this decision?

I understand they are fed up with media harassment. But they are members of the royal family. That make them public figures. They need to move to the moon if they want to avoid the media. Do they really belive the media will leave them alone just because they move to the U.S.?

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

I understand they are fed up with media harassment. But they are members of the royal family. That make them public figures. They need to move to the moon if they want to avoid the media. Do they really belive the media will leave them alone just because they move to the U.S.?

Perhaps not on the scale of being here in the United Kingdom. Has the United States been mooted? The Americans - more specifically middle aged American women - love the royals but in a rather, ''hey man, I loved you dudes in King Ralph?'' facetious manner, devoid of the seriousness witnessed in Britain.

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

_110442321_the-sun-9-jan.jpg

If he naffs off out of the royal family hows he gonna make a living?  What, get a job in Detroit at the General Motors plant or something, goin' in everyday with his Union card and his steel lunchbox.

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

If he naffs off out of the royal family hows he gonna make a living?  What, get a job in Detroit at the General Motors plant or something, goin' in everyday with his Union card and his steel lunchbox.

Well he was briefly in the army, circa 2005-2013. Blues and Royals and Army Air Corp (Apaches) with two stints in Afghanistan if memory serves. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

27 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

It's going to be easy because he is Prince Harry. Don't be suprised if some big company like GM or bank hire him as consultant or something like it. The New York Times might hire him to write articles about green energy or the conflict in the Middle East. He already has a lot of money he got from his mother. So he can use that money and buy stock or something. His name will open doors and will bring opportunities for him.

1 minute ago, Padme said:

Well the U.S. is not exactly the best place to go if they are so concerned about racism

Murican racism is different though. Likely allowing more than one darkie to a wedding. Or not laughing openly at a black preacher on national tv and then being celebrated for laughing at him. Or electing Obama.

For the elite class one can easily anticipate not being a media curiosity based solely on being half black in Murica.

I really doubt they will move to like "whitehaven georgia"

6 hours ago, Dazey said:

The Telegraph have described Rebecca Long Bailey as the lovechild of the Roswell Alien and Mrs Merton. :lol:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/aliens-among-us-running-leader-labour-party/

Personally I'd prefer either Stammer (who's probably winning), Lewis or Thornberry. However I'm curious what exactly it is you have against Baily?