British Politics

Gracii Guns

1 minute ago, AtariLegend said:

Personally I'd prefer either Stammer (who's probably winning), Lewis or Thornberry. However I'm curious what exactly it is you have against Baily?

What do I have against somebody who gave Corbyn a 10 out of 10 as leader? She has a total lack of self awareness. 

51 minutes ago, Dazey said:

What do I have against somebody who gave Corbyn a 10 out of 10 as leader? She has a total lack of self awareness. 

I ask again. Which issues? Did you watch the debates she took part in last year? 

I'm just curious if you can give a few specfic reasons other than what you read online? Again not one of my prefered choices, but the attempt to portray her as the anti christ is taking the piss.

I think she's an attractive woman, not sure why it would matter otherwise anyway. So posting an Alison Pearson article of all things, I would thought would have been below you Dazy.

Edited by AtariLegend

12 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I ask again. Which issues? Did you watch the debates she took part in last year? 

I'm just curious if you can give a few specfic reasons other than what you read online? Again not one of my prefered choices, but the attempt to portray her as the anti christ is taking the piss.

I think she's an attractive woman, not sure why it would matter otherwise anyway. So posting an Alison Pearson article of all things, I would thought would have been below you Dazy.

I don't think her policy positions in general are a huge issue. Corbyn's weren't in most cases but a good leader needs to be aware of the public consensus. Labour's biggest mistake over the last few years has been to consistently ignore what people said to them on the doorstep and no matter what you thought about him personally Corbyn was absolutely toxic where it mattered. Long Bailey is perceived as the continuity candidate no matter what anybody says and I just don't think she stands a chance in bringing the party back as a credible opposition. 

Alison Pearson is rank but I laughed at what she said. That's to my detriment and I can own it. 

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

On 09/01/2020 at 1:38 AM, DieselDaisy said:

And yet another royal crisis!

Will Harry be donating Frogmore House to the public weal if he is buggering off to the Americas, considering it was refurnished at tax payers expence, and has hardly been used irrespective of this decision?

_110442321_the-sun-9-jan.jpg

I cannot believe he's walking away from  the greatest gig in the world. Life of second in line to the throne is such sweet existence. He could just bomb around the countryside in a land rover just doing whatever he wants. Hole himself up in a castle in Scotland for months shooting anything that moves and pop  into London every few months for a photo opportunity with the press to keep them sweet. 

You don't get the pressure of actually having to do the main job. Which the way these royals manage to survive to these days is getting into your mid 70's to be given the really heavy job.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I cannot believe he's walking away from  the greatest gig in the world. Life of second in line to the throne is such sweet existence. He could just bomb around the countryside in a land rover just doing whatever he wants. Hole himself up in a castle in Scotland for months shooting anything that moves and pop  into London every few months for a photo opportunity with the press to keep them sweet. 

You don't get the pressure of actually having to do the main job. Which the way these royals manage to survive to these days is getting into your mid 70's to be given the really heavy job.

I normally don't pay much attention to the royal affairs but this has caught my attention. I guess Prince Andrew likes it because it takes the heat off of him for the time being.

Looks like they'll be spending more time in Canada. People who could live anywhere they want have rejected Britain and picked Canada. :P

Harry already looks like a lumberjack. Or the face of a maple syrup brand. Archie will have a blue passport alright - a Canadian one! :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Looks like they'll be spending more time in Canada. People who could live anywhere they want have rejected Britain and picked Canada. :P

Harry already looks like a lumberjack. Or the face of a maple syrup brand. Archie will have a blue passport alright - a Canadian one! :lol:

I say good on 'em! Fuck the Queen, fuck Prince Charles and fuck the Daily Mail! 

• GNFNR 1

On 9/1/2020 at 11:48 PM, spunko12345 said:

He is not the second in line to the throne. His brother has 3 kids. If Prince Charles and Prince William die today. Then the next in line is Prince George.

It seems to me that for Harry his wife is above everything else. I really think this thing has to do with Meghan and how she feels. Maybe Harry doesn't want to be a mere ornament. I'm not saying he is an ornament. But maybe he feels that way. Or maybe he is really fed up with the media. Also it could be everything. And he wants a new life elsewhere.

My problem with Harry's decision is that he did it now. I think he should've waited for his father to be king. I feel bad for Queen Elizabeth in all this mess

He is 6th in line to the throne: (1) Charlies (2) William (3) Prince George (4) Princess Charlotte* (5) Prince Louis (6) Prince Harry.

* Male primogeniture replaced by absolute primogeniture as per the 2013 Succession to the Crown Act. Under the old rules, Prince Louis would have preceded Princess Charlotte.

Edited by DieselDaisy

In Canada our political parties, including the Tories, banned our right wing tabloid from attending their events in the recent election. So the nutters successfully sued their way in. At which time the various parties security started placing hands on the nutters. One of these nutters got so worked up that he ran from the security into oncoming traffic. :lol: This lunatic media outlet is bullied mercilessly by their 'peers' and is ignored by the political parties who only laugh in their faces. Our parties call the police on them sometimes. :lol:

Thats the reasonable way that we ensure the safety of VIPs and the integrity of out media.

Not surprised that Canada is seen as a desirable option for the fam. We don't let the right run amuck here. Ive no idea why you dont put yours in check!

Y'all have lefty tabloids?! Ive never heard of such a thing. Actually sounds like a hoot though! :lol:

We only have the one and we kick their ass the way that y'all should stomp out the Daily Mail. The fam seems to like it here, so we must be doing something right....

6 minutes ago, soon said:

Y'all have lefty tabloids?! Ive never heard of such a thing. Actually sounds like a hoot though! :lol:

We only have the one and we kick their ass the way that y'all should stomp out the Daily Mail. The fam seems to like it here, so we must be doing something right....

What you're proposing is ironically fascism. A freedom of the press is a prerequisite for a functioning democracy.

55 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Without freedom of the press a country is not a democracy. Beneath your weirdo hippy exterior hides a goose stepping fascist.

I am of course not in charge of any of our political parties. What you are doing is making the bold an indefensible claim that our Tories, Liberals, NDP and Greens are exhibiting proto-facsist tendencies.

You seem to be making this bizarre claim because you dont understand the issue of gaining press credentials. With out such conventions I can simply claim that Im now a journalist and you owe me a sit down interview because I claim that your slandering of our political parties is a threat to democracy.

Edited by soon

1 minute ago, soon said:

I am of course not in charge of any of our political parties. What you are doing is making he bold an indefensible claim that out Tories, Liberals, NDP and Greens are exhibiting proto-facsist tendencies.

You seem to be making this bizarre claim because you dont understand the issue of gaining press credentials. With out such conventions I can simply claim that Im now a journalist and you owe me a sit down interview because I claim that your slandering of our political parties is a threat to democracy.

I am saying, without freedom of the press a country is not a democracy. The rest of your post is gibberish. 

• Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I am saying, without freedom of the press a country is not a democracy. The rest of your post is gibberish. 

No you cant respond to the rest of my post because its a slam dunk, balls in face, mic drop that completely undoes your flawed argument. (your argument in defence of racist propaganda no less!! :lol:)