British Politics

Gracii Guns

11 minutes ago, Padme said:

It won't be anonymous for long. Unless they move to a special area for blind people only. Anyone can recognize them. We already know that they are going to some place in Canada. There is media everywhere in Canada.

They were here as a family for 6 weeks and Archie has been here longer, having never returned to UK. Now Meg is back with Archie and they are still anonymous. So pretty good so far. 

Im sure eventually it will get out. But my point is that there arent any dogged tabloids with the reach to find them. And no press leaks from the RCMP team either. Different culture that isnt so excited to invade privacy and go where they arent wanted, unless something actually warrants such actions. I wouldn't even be surprised if our press could even know where they are but are giving them some space. Theres no real story there.

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It means somebody, usually a family member, is appointed to act in the monarch's place until he/her comes of age.

If that happened it would be the nail in the coffin for the "Firm". A whole generation would forget what it's like to have an overlord and then this, what 18? 21 year old? starts trying to jump into the hot seat. The public would not have that.

I guess England will need to change their national anthem soon aswell or just swap Queen for King.

Edited by spunko12345

Democracy is dependent on an informed population. Therefor anyone who promotes the propagation of lies and disinformation is an enemy of democracy.

Democracy is inclusive. Therefore anyone who supports bigotry and the incitement of violence is an enemy of democracy.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The British tabloids have about as much to do with newspapers as The Onion. They are just good for a laugh. And hence the hasn't as much to do with free press as freedom of speech. 

They are basically like comics. Anyone who uses The Sun to inform themselves about current affairs is a moron.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

So if the Queen, William and Charles all die tomorrow we have a 6 year old child as the King?? That is fucking brilliant and ludicrous 

He will be the king when adult :rolleyes: I didn't think I needed to state the obvious! In the meantime there will be someone designated (might be his mother if she is alive) to carry on with the duties. I don't know exactly what the rules say but it will be something more or less like that. The point is that Harry is not second in the line of throne. Hey! We can always go back to Middle Age when there were all kind of wars and plots.

25 minutes ago, soon said:

They were here as a family for 6 weeks and Archie has been here longer, having never returned to UK. Now Meg is back with Archie and they are still anonymous. So pretty good so far. 

Im sure eventually it will get out. But my point is that there arent any dogged tabloids with the reach to find them. And no press leaks from the RCMP team either. Different culture that isnt so excited to invade privacy and go where they arent wanted, unless something actually warrants such actions. I wouldn't even be surprised if our press could even know where they are but are giving them some space. Theres no real story there.

You don't need a tabloid. Anyone in the area can recognaize them. Those people can post in their social media the location where Harry and Meghan live.

1 minute ago, Padme said:

You don't need a tabloid. Anyone in the area can recognaize them. Those people can post in their social media the location where Harry and Meghan live.

Im sure you are correct that eventually they will enter the public eye.

But thankfully that decision hasn't been made for them yet. For like 2 months so far. Or if there have been tweets no one gave enough fucks for it to go viral and make the news. I walk passed Canadian VIPs all the time where I live. Never once thought to take their pic. Jody Wilson Raybould winked at me once!!

Also, Ive clashed with the RCMP VIP detail and they do not mess around. Pretty much as bad ass, violent and covert a force as you can join here. That and JTF-2. So that muscle must help their privacy as well :lol:

31 minutes ago, soon said:

Therefor anyone who promotes the propagation of lies and disinformation is an enemy of democracy.

Wrong.

Democracy is the people having a discussion of what they believe and then voting on how they want to be governed. Free Speach is essential to a democracy. Just because someone has different beliefs or says something that you believe is lies is no enemy of democracy. they have a right to free speech just like anyone else. If you shut down opposing views that is  fascism

3 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Wrong.

Democracy is the people having a discussion of what they believe and then voting on how they want to be governed. Free Speach is essential to a democracy. Just because someone has different beliefs or says something that you believe is lies is no enemy of democracy. they have a right to free speech just like anyone else. If you shut down opposing views that is  fascism

Yep, your probably right. The main federal parties in Canada are all fascists. :lol:

Guess youre not following the US congresses investigation into FB either. :lol: Their prolly fascist too! :lol:

7 minutes ago, soon said:

Yep, your probably right. The main federal parties in Canada are all fascists. :lol:

Guess youre not following the US congresses investigation into FB either. :lol: Their prolly fascist too! :lol:

Shutting down Frees Speech is fascism 

Facebook is a privately owned company and the government should have no say into how is run except in extreme cases Its basically like if this forum was spreading lies about someone and someone wanted this forum shut down because it was spreading lies no matter what they believe is a lie they have no right to shut down discussion,

l Calling for the banning of certain speech that you disagree with is fascism everyone has the right to a voice no matter how controversial or terrible it is.

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Shutting down Frees Speech is fascism 

Facebook is a privately owned company and the government should have no say into how is run except in extreme cases Its basically like if this forum was spreading lies about someone and someone wanted this forum shut down because it was spreading lies no matter what they believe is a lie they have no right to shut down discussion,

l Calling for the banning of certain speech that you disagree with is fascism everyone has the right to a voice no matter how controversial or terrible it is.

All of a sudden you are talking about free speech now? And with no examples of it being shot down. You've just started a whole new conversation.

Reasons like these are why I consider you to be a monumental waste of my time. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, soon said:

Im sure you are correct that eventually they will enter the public eye.

But thankfully that decision hasn't been made for them yet. For like 2 months so far. Or if there have been tweets no one gave enough fucks for it to go viral and make the news. I walk passed Canadian VIPs all the time where I live. Never once thought to take their pic. Jody Wilson Raybould winked at me once!!

Also, Ive clashed with the RCMP VIP detail and they do not mess around. Pretty much as bad ass, violent and covert a force as you can join here. That and JTF-2. So that muscle must help their privacy as well 

Its a misconception that people here care where they are. Don't believe what you the tabloids say that's the number one lesson. I don't know anyone who could tell you where they lived when they were in the UK. Honestly nobody gives a fuck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spunko12345 said:

Its a misconception that people here care where they are. Don't believe what you the tabloids say that's the number one lesson. I don't know anyone who could tell you where they lived when they were in the UK. Honestly nobody gives a fuck.

I think I thought they all lived together at the castle until I really actually scrutinized that assumption just now :facepalm::lol:

But thats cool, I see what you mean. Whatever reason they came here, I hope they have a nice, chill, time.

15 minutes ago, soon said:

All of a sudden you are talking about free speech now? And with no examples of it being shot down. You've just started a whole new conversation.

Reasons like these are why I consider you to be a monumental waste of my time. 

No, you said that you believe anyone who is saying lies and propaganda is an enemy of democracy. That is a free speech argument

You just can't defend your hippy commie beliefs when confronted

and the tabloid discussion is a free speech argument. 

4 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

No, you said that you believe anyone who is saying lies and propaganda is an enemy of democracy. That is a free speech argument

You just can't defend your hippy commie beliefs when confronted

Well, thats not exactly what I said. I spoke about the media propagation of lies and propaganda. I stated facts about the action of the major federal parties of Canada. You ridiculous argument calls them fascists :lol: Our politicians have the freedom to not speak to hate-mongers - surely even you can you get that? And then you suggested that the US Congress is fascist :lol: 

Can you please go free speech at someone else? Im just not interested in your thoughts on this or anything else. 

4 minutes ago, soon said:

Well, thats not exactly what I said. I spoke about the media propagation of lies and propaganda. I stated facts about the action of the major federal parties of Canada. You ridiculous argument calls them fascists :lol: Our politicians have the freedom to not speak to hate-mongers - surely even you can you get that? And then you suggested that the US Congress is fascist :lol: 

Can you please go free speech at someone else? Im just not interested in your thoughts on this or anything else. 

Your argument is that the media is an enemy of democracy if they spread the lies(which ironically is what trump believes :lol:). That is a free speech issue. Banning certain media outlets because you don't like their views is fascism.  

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

3 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Your argument is that the media is an enemy of democracy if they spread the lies. That is a free speech issue. Banning certain media outlets because you don't like their views is fascism.  

P

You are calling the Government of Canada, the Official Opposition, and all the other major parties fascists. Plus you tossed in US Congress as being fascist. You have irretrievably discredited yourself.

Not speaking to right wing nut jobs in no way silences their free speech. Smh

Edited by soon

Just now, soon said:

You are calling the Government of Canada, the Official Opposition, and all the other major parties fascists. Plus you tossed in US Congress as being fascist. You have irretrievably discredited yourself.

NO,  I said that if you ban free speech then you can't have a democracy and is a violation of the first amendment, Freedom of Press and Freedom of Speech is essential to a democracy and if you cant stand that then you wont be a democracy for very long/

and you are proving my point by reaching because I am taking your arguments and tearing them to shreds. 

d

33 minutes ago, soon said:

I think I thought they all lived together at the castle until I really actually scrutinized that assumption just now :facepalm::lol:

But thats cool, I see what you mean. Whatever reason they came here, I hope they have a nice, chill, time.

It's really not that interesting.

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

NO,  I said that if you ban free speech then you can't have a democracy and is a violation of the first amendment, Freedom of Press and Freedom of Speech is essential to a democracy and if you cant stand that then you wont be a democracy for very long/

and you are proving my point by reaching because I am taking your arguments and tearing them to shreds. 

d

Im sorry that you've got yourself so confused. :lol: At no point did I speak to what you are saying. Not speaking to propagandists doesnt silence their free speech. What it does is helps ensure that the free press is a heathy and vibrant tool for democracy.

Ive noticed that how passionate someone is about "Free Speech" is often directly proportional to how ignorant they are to the concept of free speech. :lol: