Jump to content
Gracii Guns

British Politics

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

And yet another royal crisis!

Will Harry be donating Frogmore House to the public weal if he is buggering off to the Americas, considering it was refurnished at tax payers expence, and has hardly been used irrespective of this decision?

_110442321_the-sun-9-jan.jpg

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

And yet another royal crisis!

Will Harry be donating Frogmore House to the public weal if he is buggering off to the Americas, considering it was refurnished at tax payers expence, and has hardly been used irrespective of this decision?

I understand they are fed up with media harassment. But they are members of the royal family. That make them public figures. They need to move to the moon if they want to avoid the media. Do they really belive the media will leave them alone just because they move to the U.S.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Padme said:

I understand they are fed up with media harassment. But they are members of the royal family. That make them public figures. They need to move to the moon if they want to avoid the media. Do they really belive the media will leave them alone just because they move to the U.S.?

Perhaps not on the scale of being here in the United Kingdom. Has the United States been mooted? The Americans - more specifically middle aged American women - love the royals but in a rather, ''hey man, I loved you dudes in King Ralph?'' facetious manner, devoid of the seriousness witnessed in Britain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

And yet another royal crisis!

Will Harry be donating Frogmore House to the public weal if he is buggering off to the Americas, considering it was refurnished at tax payers expence, and has hardly been used irrespective of this decision?

_110442321_the-sun-9-jan.jpg

If he naffs off out of the royal family hows he gonna make a living?  What, get a job in Detroit at the General Motors plant or something, goin' in everyday with his Union card and his steel lunchbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

If he naffs off out of the royal family hows he gonna make a living?  What, get a job in Detroit at the General Motors plant or something, goin' in everyday with his Union card and his steel lunchbox.

Well he was briefly in the army, circa 2005-2013. Blues and Royals and Army Air Corp (Apaches) with two stints in Afghanistan if memory serves. 

 

Edited by DieselDaisy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

If he naffs off out of the royal family hows he gonna make a living?  What, get a job in Detroit at the General Motors plant or something, goin' in everyday with his Union card and his steel lunchbox.

It's going to be easy because he is Prince Harry. Don't be suprised if some big company like GM or bank hire him as consultant or something like it. The New York Times might hire him to write articles about green energy or the conflict in the Middle East. He already has a lot of money he got from his mother. So he can use that money and buy stock or something. His name will open doors and will bring opportunities for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, soon said:

I guess they are sick of the racism?

They have just been to a country ran by a black and white minstrel! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They have just been to a country ran by a black and white minstrel! 

Like they went in a time machine?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soon said:

I guess they are sick of the racism?

Well the U.S. is not exactly the best place to go if they are so concerned about racism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Padme said:

Well the U.S. is not exactly the best place to go if they are so concerned about racism

Murican racism is different though. Likely allowing more than one darkie to a wedding. Or not laughing openly at a black preacher on national tv and then being celebrated for laughing at him. Or electing Obama.

For the elite class one can easily anticipate not being a media curiosity based solely on being half black in Murica.

I really doubt they will move to like "whitehaven georgia"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dazey said:

The Telegraph have described Rebecca Long Bailey as the lovechild of the Roswell Alien and Mrs Merton. :lol:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/aliens-among-us-running-leader-labour-party/

Personally I'd prefer either Stammer (who's probably winning), Lewis or Thornberry. However I'm curious what exactly it is you have against Baily?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AtariLegend said:

Personally I'd prefer either Stammer (who's probably winning), Lewis or Thornberry. However I'm curious what exactly it is you have against Baily?

What do I have against somebody who gave Corbyn a 10 out of 10 as leader? She has a total lack of self awareness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Dazey said:

What do I have against somebody who gave Corbyn a 10 out of 10 as leader? She has a total lack of self awareness. 

I ask again. Which issues? Did you watch the debates she took part in last year? 

I'm just curious if you can give a few specfic reasons other than what you read online? Again not one of my prefered choices, but the attempt to portray her as the anti christ is taking the piss.

I think she's an attractive woman, not sure why it would matter otherwise anyway. So posting an Alison Pearson article of all things, I would thought would have been below you Dazy.

Edited by AtariLegend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I ask again. Which issues? Did you watch the debates she took part in last year? 

I'm just curious if you can give a few specfic reasons other than what you read online? Again not one of my prefered choices, but the attempt to portray her as the anti christ is taking the piss.

I think she's an attractive woman, not sure why it would matter otherwise anyway. So posting an Alison Pearson article of all things, I would thought would have been below you Dazy.

I don't think her policy positions in general are a huge issue. Corbyn's weren't in most cases but a good leader needs to be aware of the public consensus. Labour's biggest mistake over the last few years has been to consistently ignore what people said to them on the doorstep and no matter what you thought about him personally Corbyn was absolutely toxic where it mattered. Long Bailey is perceived as the continuity candidate no matter what anybody says and I just don't think she stands a chance in bringing the party back as a credible opposition. 

Alison Pearson is rank but I laughed at what she said. That's to my detriment and I can own it. 

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/01/2020 at 1:38 AM, DieselDaisy said:

And yet another royal crisis!

Will Harry be donating Frogmore House to the public weal if he is buggering off to the Americas, considering it was refurnished at tax payers expence, and has hardly been used irrespective of this decision?

_110442321_the-sun-9-jan.jpg

I cannot believe he's walking away from  the greatest gig in the world. Life of second in line to the throne is such sweet existence. He could just bomb around the countryside in a land rover just doing whatever he wants. Hole himself up in a castle in Scotland for months shooting anything that moves and pop  into London every few months for a photo opportunity with the press to keep them sweet. 

You don't get the pressure of actually having to do the main job. Which the way these royals manage to survive to these days is getting into your mid 70's to be given the really heavy job.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I cannot believe he's walking away from  the greatest gig in the world. Life of second in line to the throne is such sweet existence. He could just bomb around the countryside in a land rover just doing whatever he wants. Hole himself up in a castle in Scotland for months shooting anything that moves and pop  into London every few months for a photo opportunity with the press to keep them sweet. 

You don't get the pressure of actually having to do the main job. Which the way these royals manage to survive to these days is getting into your mid 70's to be given the really heavy job.

I normally don't pay much attention to the royal affairs but this has caught my attention. I guess Prince Andrew likes it because it takes the heat off of him for the time being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Personally I'd prefer either Stammer (who's probably winning), Lewis or Thornberry. However I'm curious what exactly it is you have against Baily?

My god!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they'll be spending more time in Canada. People who could live anywhere they want have rejected Britain and picked Canada. :P

Harry already looks like a lumberjack. Or the face of a maple syrup brand. Archie will have a blue passport alright - a Canadian one! :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, soon said:

Looks like they'll be spending more time in Canada. People who could live anywhere they want have rejected Britain and picked Canada. :P

Harry already looks like a lumberjack. Or the face of a maple syrup brand. Archie will have a blue passport alright - a Canadian one! :lol:

I say good on 'em! Fuck the Queen, fuck Prince Charles and fuck the Daily Mail! 

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dazey said:

I say good on 'em! Fuck the Queen, fuck Prince Charles and fuck the Daily Mail! 

Off with your head!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they’re distancing themselves now because they know the shit storm to come with Randy Andy?

God Save the queen and her fascist regime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×