British Politics

Gracii Guns

Don't know about anybody else but I'm glad to see the UK "taking back control" post Brexit. 

Rule Britannia! God Save the Queen! Tinkety tonk and down with the Nazis old fruit etc etc! :lol: 

Donald Trump will slap tariffs on UK goods if Boris Johnson introduces a 'tech tax' on Google and Amazon, US treasury secretary warns

• Steven Mnuchin's warning comes after France backed out and pledged with US
  • UK PM Boris Johnson in December had vowed to make tech giants pay fair tax
  • Italy also approved a similar tax in the 2019 budget but it has not activated it yet
  • Mnuchin said he hoped UK and Italy would suspend their plans to impose taxes

US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has said Britain and Italy will face tariffs if they proceed with a tax on digital companies like Google and Facebook.

Mnuchin's warning comes after France backed out and pledged with the United States to avoid a trade war until at least the end of the year.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson in December had vowed to make major multinational companies pay their fair share of tax, including the implementation of a Digital Services Tax.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7914287/Donald-Trump-slap-tariffs-UK-goods-UK-introduces-tech-tax-Google-Amazon.html

Edited by Dazey

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Don't know about anybody else but I'm glad to see the UK "taking back control" post Brexit. :lol:

Fuck em then. 

Let's get Bramerica done. We can just exclusively trade with our former Colonies, and if that works, (and I cant see how it could fail) maybe get a little Empire started up again.

Or Amexit.

Edited by spunko12345

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I think a good case could be made for you not being able to govern yourself and that you should welcome Scandinavian overrule again. I am grinding my battle axe as I speak.

If this was the case we would still be Brexiting considering Norway has sensibly rejected joining the EU twice in referenda.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

It is a hard task in 2020 to entertain people with jokes about people being gay. Maybe not in Newcastle, though, or whatever little village that troglodyte inhabits.

Y'know, if he gets on your tits that badly you could just not talk to him.  After all, this is all recreational, this forum stuff.  Not tryna tell you how to live or anything, jus sayin'.  Unless this is all appealing to some sporting instinct in you.

• Like 1

I was making a joke about Scandinavians being rather effeminate - vis-a-vis Soul bigging up the Vikings - and selected Manchester because, A/ Soul supports Manchester United, B/ An assumption that he isn't the only Scandinavian who glory seeks, C/ Manchester being Bumopilis.

There you know now. 

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Y'know, if he gets on your tits that badly you could just not talk to him.  After all, this is all recreational, this forum stuff.  Not tryna tell you how to live or anything, jus sayin'.  Unless this is all appealing to some sporting instinct in you.

It's all fun, though, until he refers to homosexuals as Manchester United supporters. That's harsh in these days.

On 23/01/2020 at 1:42 PM, SoulMonster said:

It's all fun, though, until he refers to homosexuals as Manchester United supporters. That's harsh in these days.

Yeah, I’d be pissed to be referred to as a Manchester Utd supporter too. :lol: 

Edit. Fuck! @DieselDaisy beat me to it. 
Edit edit. No he didn’t. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey